OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

That's fine, I'm already the team secretary anyway.

EDIT: Also, the Lazytown Sniper is apparently really good. Lumpy will need to be on top of his game, likely.

I'll confirm that their sniper was pretty much god-awesomely amazing. That said, he did not carry their team.

They know what they're doing and the bulk of their team moves together in a pack (or they communicate locations really, really well). Their Scout will almost constantly attempt to find ways behind enemy lines to pick off lone players (I fell victim to this several times while attempting to re-enter the battlefield from spawn) and their Spy seemed to enjoy targeting me (Engineer) almost exclusively whenever I had gear up.

I apologize if that seems like common-sensical advice (which, in retrospect, it may be), but those notes are what stood out most when I played against them as our team's subbed-in Engineer.

With that in mind, it sounds like Gaunt will need to be extra mindful of the Spy. If it gets too out of hand, our Pyro may need to guard the nest with him, preferably with the Homewrecker. Depending on the map, the best Sentry location may be one that prevents the Scout from flanking our main front if a nest isn't needed at the front lines. (I'm thinking BLU on Steel here. A is the easiest flanking route ever since no one bothers to go there once it's capped.)

Meanwhile, our own Spy would need to focus on the Sniper to keep him down, or at least distracted and paranoid. I'd bet money that he's Spy savvy and can pick out the decloak, but he'll need to scope eventually, which leaves him open to otherwise blatant flanks without the need for cloak. Then there's the Ambassador. On a related note, I'll laugh so hard if he turns out to use the Razorback.

I heard through the grapevine that their Heavy isn't terribly brilliant, which I suppose is one less thing to worry about.

Yes, I adore the Saharan set. The extra flicker time is murder though. Good thing the DR doesn't flicker to begin with.

Also I can't use it for the tournament anyway. Sadface.

For time, I'm thinking of proposing Saturday night, 9 PM EST or so. Y/N?

I'm good with that.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Lumpy for engaging in dialogue with the other team when I've been preoccupied with the Thanksgiving holiday. Thanks.

Lazytown would like to play the match between Thursday December 2nd and Sunday December 5th. My only concern is that it may be past the date where everyone's supposed to have finished their matches, but assuming the league doesn't mind I'm okay with it. What about you guys?

I'm fine with just about anything. By the way, I can't access this thread from my other(main) computer. I'm not sure why; I can see every other thread. So, basically, I'm probably going to be slow with receiving and responding to the information posted in here.

Bucking the trend of last minute scheduling, we have finalized our match to be on Sunday, December 5th at 9 PM EST. I'll schedule it in the Steam group.

On an unrelated note, Chili's birthday is the day before, on Saturday.

EDIT: Something we did for the first few matches and have since neglected is doing a walkthrough of the map and discussing strategy. Should we attempt to do this again?

Bucking the trend of last minute scheduling, we have finalized our match to be on Sunday, December 5th at 9 PM EST. I'll schedule it in the Steam group.

EDIT: Something we did for the first few matches and have since neglected is doing a walkthrough of the map and discussing strategy. Should we attempt to do this again?

We should actually have time for it this time. So, yeah. If you think you know peoples schedules well enough then just put up a random event in the steam group.

Sounds good.

Hey all. I'm sure some of you heard of that project I was working on that involved the whole modification of weapon attributes to attempt to create a new and (hopefully) balanced TF2 game. I'll probably be running it on IJ's server when I have it going...However, no fun hosting a mod when there's nobody to come and test it. If I could get an event up and running--would any of you be interested in attending?

Hey all. I'm sure some of you heard of that project I was working on that involved the whole modification of weapon attributes to attempt to create a new and (hopefully) balanced TF2 game. I'll probably be running it on IJ's server when I have it going...However, no fun hosting a mod when there's nobody to come and test it. If I could get an event up and running--would any of you be interested in attending?

Will there be punch and pie?