OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

Ever since I started thinking about the old TF2 characters from the picture in the Engineer comic, I've thought about a game mode (possibly mod?) where every characters abilities is stripped down a lot with way smaller amounts of ammo.

Like instead of designing every class to be capable of fighting for themselves, making them more interdependent.

An example would be making it so Demoman only has a sticky bomb launcher and nothing else, effectively limiting his role to territory control and nothing else.

Like hyper-defining every classes role. Maybe make Scout extremely weak but also make him cap points very, very fast. (with a class limit on how many there are).

Not sure it would be fun so much as interesting to see what comes out of it. I know its drastically different than how TF2 currently works.

Another idea would be to make pyro's flames extremely powerful, but give them very low hp and take away every other weapon.

Basically, making everyone way weaker so that games end up defined more around group skirmishes than general death match style.

I sent IJ the v1.1 game files. Hopefully he'll be using this one for the game.

=====================

VERSION 1.1 CHANGELOG

=====================

Pyro

Items:

-Homewrecker change: 900% dmg vs buildings set to 1000% damage vs buildings

Heavy

Items:

-Natascha change: 50% spin-up move speed bonus has become 15%

Sniper

Items:

-Sydney Sleeper change: Bleed time lowered to 3 seconds from 4 seconds.

Spy

Items:

-Ambassador change: -50% damage vs buildings

Misc Modifications

Ghastly Gibus:

-Fixed attributes not showing up in-game

Ghastlier Gibus:

-Fixed attributes not showing up in-game

Issues to be fixed/can't be fixed:

-Equalizer using shovel kill icon. This cannot be fixed as the attribute for the icon is in the mod shovel damage boost. It will have to be a separate attribute to work.

-Reload animations repeating or hiccuping. This cannot be fixed as it has to do with how the reload speed attributes work. This is something Valve will have to fix.

-Reload animations occuring, but weapon clip not reloading immediately or weapon not firing. This has to do with game mechanics--and once again, is the responsibility of Valve.

-Damage penalty vs buildings showing as positive attribute on Ambassador: Since there is no damage bonus vs players, damage penalty vs buildings, or means to hide it--this is how it's displayed.

Ever since I started thinking about the old TF2 characters from the picture in the Engineer comic, I've thought about a game mode (possibly mod?) where every characters abilities is stripped down a lot with way smaller amounts of ammo.

Like instead of designing every class to be capable of fighting for themselves, making them more interdependent.

An example would be making it so Demoman only has a sticky bomb launcher and nothing else, effectively limiting his role to territory control and nothing else.

Like hyper-defining every classes role. Maybe make Scout extremely weak but also make him cap points very, very fast. (with a class limit on how many there are).

Not sure it would be fun so much as interesting to see what comes out of it. I know its drastically different than how TF2 currently works.

Another idea would be to make pyro's flames extremely powerful, but give them very low hp and take away every other weapon.

Basically, making everyone way weaker so that games end up defined more around group skirmishes than general death match style.

Theoretically, this is possible by current modification means. However, I don't have time to fulfill every request out there by all people. :P I can do it for you if you wish, but it's going to take a while unless I get....incentive. :P

Theoretically, this is possible by current modification means. However, I don't have time to fulfill every request out there by all people. :P I can do it for you if you wish, but it's going to take a while unless I get....incentive. :P

Five nights in fabulous Ft. Meade, MD at the Brushfire House Spa and Resort. Fine Dining and relaxed atmosphere await you in the Nerd Room, a 5-Star Rated hotel surrounding you with serveral hundred large breasted Anime Women. Enjoy luxurious 25 MBit High Speed Internet. Shotime, HBO, Cinemax, and Starz included!! HOT POCKETS!!

Five nights in fabulous Ft. Meade, MD at the Brushfire House Spa and Resort. Fine Dining and relaxed atmosphere await you in the Nerd Room, a 5-Star Rated hotel surrounding you with serveral hundred large breasted Anime Women. Enjoy luxurious 25 MBit High Speed Internet. Shotime, HBO, Cinemax, and Starz included!! HOT POCKETS!!

Dude...that's like an all-paid trip on some luxury spaceliner, and then realizing you're spending the trip with Ruby Rod.

Perhaps this mod should have its own thread. While some ocr tf2 players are interested, and it is TF2 related, it has nothing to do with the primary purpose of this thread: The OCR TF2 server pool.

Its also confusing to follow and somewhat disruptive since it drowns out the normal conversation.

While I understand the idea, it should be noted that the Social Groups are apparently highly ignorable. For instance, much about the highlander tourney has been discussed here, but the social group thread hasn't been updated at all in ages. Just a thought.

So GM, please post here if you are going to set up another testing session at least. Otherwise I imagine hardly anyone will pay attention.

While I understand the idea, it should be noted that the Social Groups are apparently highly ignorable. For instance, much about the highlander tourney has been discussed here, but the social group thread hasn't been updated at all in ages. Just a thought.

So GM, please post here if you are going to set up another testing session at least. Otherwise I imagine hardly anyone will pay attention.

I've... [thread=28828]suggested[/thread] that the forums be upgraded to a newer version, but it's been largely ignored. Despite there being a large number of security fixes in addition to being able to watch social groups in newer versions.

A required update for Team Fortress 2 is now available. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2:

- Added check to prevent control characters from user-provided item names and descriptions (replaced with spaces).

- Fixed a control point bug where players could capture points that were already owned by their team.

- Fixed a server crash caused by kicking a player that isn't fully connected.

- Fixed Spies being able to destroy sappers using the "destroy" command.

- Fixed Engineers being able to destroy sapped buildings by issuing the command directly in the console.

- Fixed an issue where team colored hats were showing up improperly when previewing the Team Spirit paint on them.

- Fixed an issue where SourceTV clients were seeing their local player/duel stats in the scoreboard.

- Updated the player_hurt event to always set "damageamount" even if the attacker is the world (falling damage).

- Updated items:

---- Many hats have had their appearance while painted improved. Paintable hats should now appear less like solid blobs of color and retain more of the character and texture of the hat.

---- Integrated several improvements to contributed items provided by their authors.

---- Made the following items paintable: Sergeant's Drill Hat, Pyro's Beanie, "Dangeresque, Too?", Whiskered Gentleman, Safe'n'Sound, Trophy Belt, Frenchman's Beret, Camera Beard, Max's Severed Head, Alien Swarm Parasite, Ellis' Cap, and the Horrific Headsplitter.

---- Sam & Max items and the Portal 2 Pin are now Gift Wrappable.

Also, there's a new TF2 Beta starting. New to it are:

Three Natascha variants:

* -40% damage

* -25% damage, -25% health

* Spin-up/down time increased, slowdown-on-hit effect falls off over distance.

Map changes:

* cp_granary: new entrance added into the RED and BLU mid ramp room.

* cp_5gorge: 5 CP version of cp_gorge.

Misc balance changes:

* Players being healed by a medic are immune to movement-impairing effects generated by hit-scan weapons.

I'm coming over for hot pockets.

Also, are we going to try out the beta? Maybe on RED?

I'm coming over for hot pockets.

Also, are we going to try out the beta? Maybe on RED?

I'm already running the server installer, so we'll at least have an install of it should we choose to (we have lots of space on the server, so even if we don't use it, installing it doesn't hurt).

So you guys are participating on the TF2 Beta testings as well..?

Prepare for your examination!

December 2, 2010 - TF2 Team

As you've probably seen by now, we like to change things in Team Fortress 2. A lot. And while we're perfect most of the time, we occasionally get something wrong. One reason for this is we just don't get enough data from internal play testing, and another is that we spend too much time watching Tom Bui serenades on Youtube (Hint: Search for "Tom Bui" on Youtube) (Another Hint: Click here). So to help us change TF2 even more frequently, we're pleased to announce the Team Fortress 2 (public) Beta.

c746953917535d25110baed.jpg