OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

Poker Night is all of $5 ($3 today and tomorrow).

Speaking of which, getting the Heavy's new minigun is one of the objectives for today/tomorrow.

One of the others requires that you own R.U.S.E. and chances are that anyone who bought an RTS the time RUSE came out got Starcraft 2 instead.

Right but anyone and everyone who bought that $5 game, and any other promotional hat game during its repective promotion, have demonstrated to valve that this is an extremely valid marketing scheme.

• If Sam&Max's pre-order numbers are blown out of the water while that promo was active (and they were) then maybe people will be willing to pay for a game that isn't even a stand alone title.

• If copious amounts of people buy an otherwise worthless game for $5, then maybe they'd be willing to dish out more than $5 for potentially well developed games.

• Then if enough people do that, maybe people will spend more than $20 for a worthless game. (and or a game that needs help selling)

Etc.

This isn't ridiculous. It's a glorified TF2 mannconomy shop. And it's in no poorer taste than the shop itself.

Side note: I know people who own R.U.S.E. because it looked good.

Is RUSE any good? At least from a single player perspective?

Also, anyone here like Alien Swarm? I'm looking to play with some of you if you do. I dislike playing with random people generally. I played it some when it came out (pretty much to get the hat), but then just went back to playing TF2. So yeah, LFG to play Alien Swarm with :D

Also, anyone here like Alien Swarm? I'm looking to play with some of you if you do. I dislike playing with random people generally. I played it some when it came out (pretty much to get the hat), but then just went back to playing TF2. So yeah, LFG to play Alien Swarm with :D

I will play with you after finals as well (Dec 17).

yeah, i'm up/down for/with that.

Starting the 17th, i'm o nvacation till the 3rd, but i'm able to play in the evenings till then.

That Treasure Hunt thing is...interesting. It was one thing to spend $4 for an amusing poker game that gave me five items, but I'm not about to go out and buy multiple games I have little to no interest in just for the sake of getting a hat. I already have two of the objectives by default, so if I luck out, maybe I'll get enough from Half Life 2 and Portal to get that first hat.

Pictures of the first two hats were added to the TF2 Wiki, but apparently the third hat wasn't in there... unless it's seriously going to look like a giant question mark. ;)

Bounty Hat, Treasure Hat, Hat of Undeniable Wealth And Respect

The difference between the first two hats is that the treasure chest is closed on the first and open (with a particle effect of coins spilling out) on the second.

see hats

go meh

Yeah, I got the same impression. However, being ever the hat whore, I'll be going for the 2nd one, I guess.

While I'm thinking about it, does not capturing the intelligence count as griefing? As in, you're holding it on your back but deliberately not bringing it to the capture zone? Or is it just really idiotic gameplay?

What about the scoots trying to get that one achievement? "Kill the enemy intel carrier while carrying the intel." I guess that would be playing "as Valve meant it to be played." -_-;

While I'm thinking about it, does not capturing the intelligence count as griefing? As in, you're holding it on your back but deliberately not bringing it to the capture zone? Or is it just really idiotic gameplay?

It's actively benefiting the other team and preventing your own team from progressing, so yes. Feel free to /slay anyone you see doing this.

What about the scoots trying to get that one achievement? "Kill the enemy intel carrier while carrying the intel." I guess that would be playing "as Valve meant it to be played." -_-;

We're not an achievement farming server either.

Screw achievements and screw hats. I could care for less on the whole trading business, though I admit I benefited to getting that Powerjack. I just play for fun... and get ticked off when half my team is trading.

Oh yeah, we should have a vanilla TF2 day. It'd be fun watching spies used to the deadringer not being able to use it.

Ergh, given the current list of objectives, I'm revising my expectations... I'll definitely get the first treasure hunt hat, but the second is... iffy.

Word. I was hoping for achievements from some "classic" Valve games, as well. I don't have New Vegas and already spent a chunk of change on Thanksgiving sales and don't wish for too many new things. I do like, though, that the first objectives have been stupidly easy so far.

EDIT: PS I have extra copies of Half Life 2 and HL2: Episode 1 to give away. I'd expect that most people already have these but if anyone wants either, tell me now. I also have a copy of "Time, Gentlemen, Please!" up for grabs that I tried to gift to a friend who never received it. Excellent little point-and-click adventure, that one is!

Duly noted for future reference.

To give a quick synopsis of what was happening and while the flight data is still there, go to tick 95000, start playing, then go to the landing between pipes under BLU base.

This is at about game-minus 06'38".

Shortly before that, I was carrying the intel, but met an unfortunate demise.

"Tetsumaru" picks up the intel at about game-minus 06'30", then proceeds to carry it throughout the map.

At some point, I ask someone to kill him because of his antics.

He makes it to BLU base at game-minus 20 seconds.

He kills a RED soldier. Shortly thereafter, I arrive.

Game-minus ten seconds is called.

About a second or so later, I bark at him to "Cap the damned intel already and have it over with!"

He complies, likely feigning meekness.

It was during this time, I had popped Paranoid Drone the heads-up about this event.

--Ian.

Oooh, I'd definitely be interested in the HL2/Ep.1. Always wanted to pee my pants in Ravenholm. :3

I haven't seen achieves for a single game I'd be willing to pay for. Even the cheeap ones just don't seem that interesting. Hoping at least a couple of the games I got over Thanksgiving show up, but not looking all that likely...