OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

TF2 decided to troll me again and gave me a Baseball Bill's Sports Shine. Which I promptly crafted with some of my other hats until I got one I'm vaguely interested in. (Physician's Procedure Mask) Although I'd have preferred Ze Goggles...

I guess with so many hats now it's inevitable that I don't care about most of the ones I receive.

TF2 decided to troll me again and gave me a Baseball Bill's Sports Shine. Which I promptly crafted with some of my other hats until I got one I'm vaguely interested in. (Physician's Procedure Mask) Although I'd have preferred Ze Goggles...

I guess with so many hats now it's inevitable that I don't care about most of the ones I receive.

You can easily trade the mask for zee goggles if you want. It's in considerably higher demand. Especially now that zee goggles can be found in a crate.

I wouldn't mind getting the fez since if I ever play spy I can see myself actually using that silent decloak thing. Other than that and my milkman, I really don't care about any hats.

THE FEZ MAKES SPY SO MUCH MORE FUN SQUEE~

Seriously, it's like a breath of fresh air. Then you realize that the extra flicker time makes you visible for longer than the attack interval on most weapons with the IW/C&D and with the DR you're Captain Obvious. (Oh, a Spy with a Fez just died without a disguise. I WONDER IF HE'S A DEAD RINGER, HMM?) The fun factor is still amazing once you get that first disguise though.

THE FEZ MAKES SPY SO MUCH MORE FUN SQUEE~

Seriously, it's like a breath of fresh air. Then you realize that the extra flicker time makes you visible for longer than the attack interval on most weapons with the IW/C&D and with the DR you're Captain Obvious. (Oh, a Spy with a Fez just died without a disguise. I WONDER IF HE'S A DEAD RINGER, HMM?) The fun factor is still amazing once you get that first disguise though.

And yet it seems to work against a lot of people... even Frogg.

Probably because the decloak is all but completely inaudible.

Yes, but my point is that he doesn't always look for you.

Unfortunately, it also means you're using the pop-gun and not the Ambassador, and since Frogg tends to run away using the GRU when he has low health...

Folks, remember, this isn't a Steam Treasure Hunt thread, this is a TF2 thread. There's already a topic for the Treasure Hunt. Posts have been moved to the appropriate thread.

We were discussing it in this thread before the Treasure Hunt thread even existed. Scroll back a few pages to see it, or just follow this link.

Apparently TF2 has been updated with some new paint colors and a "Festive Winter Crate."

Also, in case anyone happened to miss my rather vocal bitching tonight, I've been lagging to an insane degree lately. I thought it was just me, but Lumpy tells me that he's been experiencing the same thing. Either way, it's extremely annoying and has directly caused my death numerous times. (You try surviving when the game decides to lag and freeze you in front of a Pyro. Or hell, anyone.)

Basically, is there something going on with the server?

On an unrelated note, I may not be online much over Christmas break.

Apparently TF2 has been updated with some new paint colors and a "Festive Winter Crate."

Also, in case anyone happened to miss my rather vocal bitching tonight, I've been lagging to an insane degree lately. I thought it was just me, but Lumpy tells me that he's been experiencing the same thing. Either way, it's extremely annoying and has directly caused my death numerous times. (You try surviving when the game decides to lag and freeze you in front of a Pyro. Or hell, anyone.)

Basically, is there something going on with the server?

On an unrelated note, I may not be online much over Christmas break.

I get spikes frequently, have for over a month now. Its not constant, which almost makes it more annoying.

I get spikes frequently, have for over a month now. Its not constant, which almost makes it more annoying.

Hmm...in my case, they started two weeks ago, after Thanksgiving. Apparently the university suffered a power surge over the holiday and someone's been DDOSing their servers in the aftermath for shits and giggles. At least that's what the rumors say. (The DDOS, not the surge. The surge is fact.)

I've been getting this too, but it's not exclusive to our server... in fact, World of Warcraft also has random freezes and disconnects.

I'm planning on bitching to my ISP sometime this weekend, since this exact problem has happened to me before, though.

Hooohrah! Who has two thumbs and just moved out of his mom's basement? THIS GUY! Now the plan is to at least find a part time job until I can find a nice "career" one.

Related to this thread: Hopefully I'll now have a MUCH more stable connection and won't random disconnect anymore or have the ~600ms latency spikes because someone else in the house tried to read their email!

Two new changes:

1. Apparently RED's map timer has been broken since the Halloween event. This has been fixed.

2. Custom maps (and event maps) will no longer appear on the vote list unless explicitly nominated. This is to prevent the rare case where ALL the maps on the list are customs. This will happen on BLU as soon as it leaves cp_pacman_wtf_plus. Also, Arena maps are back on the nominate list.