OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

Pacman is only set for 20 minutes or so, so it goes by quickly - one option could be to reduce the time even further to 15 minutes so it'd be effectively 10-15 minutes for the most part.

It's already set to 15 minutes, and the round ends if less than 5 minutes are on the clock when a round ends.

On another topic, people need to stop bugging me trying to get me to trade hats. Just because I unbox new ones doesn't mean I'm going to trade them. >:/

I've made a large number of changes to the map nomination list. I'm sure some of these changes will piss a few people off, but...

Removed:

cp_temple

cp_lwobtsud

cp_tiplevarg

pl_retawdab

Added:

cp_glacier_rc6

cp_gullywash_imp3

cp_obscure_final

cp_takeback_mountain

ctf_haarp_test6 (against my better judgement)

koth_waste

pl_swiftwater_frc14 (that's Final Release Candidate 14)

I also removed a lot of the outdated maps from the map mirror.

cp_gullywash_imp3

Why do some map makers insist on hard to parse file control abbreviations? a#, b#, rc#/v#/final seems more than sufficient.

I was unaware there were issues with Haarp...what's giving you pause?

I was unaware there were issues with Haarp...what's giving you pause?

I don't like the push CTF game type. I think I've noted before that Valve intentionally left it out of TF2, eventually coming up with payload as a replacement for it.

There's also the issue where it wasn't clear if b2 or test6 was the newer version.

TF2 is having a new item backend system pushed in a few minutes. Item system is expected to be down for no more than 10 minutes.

Hopefully, there are no issues that would cause problems that would extend that.

Also, a reminder: You have until tomorrow sometime to open any Festive crates you have before they disappear. If you don't want to open them, I suggest you trade them today.

Personally, my crate open rate was pretty good... 6 misc/hats out of 9 Festive crates I've opened.

Added:

cp_glacier_rc6

cp_gullywash_imp3

cp_obscure_final

cp_takeback_mountain

koth_waste

I also removed a lot of the outdated maps from the map mirror.

Thank you very much. I really want to see how takeback plays. If Haarp is a bad map we could always replace it with koth_rainbow, voted best map by the blind community.

I don't know about anyone else, but I was decidedly unimpressed by Takeback Mountain. It seems far too large for 24 people, and there were a bunch of side routes that never wound up getting used by anyone. As far as custom maps go, though, I woudln't mind seeing Cashworks on the list if it isn't there already. I had some fun on that one in another server.

As far as custom maps go, though, I woudln't mind seeing Cashworks on the list if it isn't there already. I had some fun on that one in another server.

Cashworks isn't because it tends to have bad framerates on lower spec computers.

We know this because we used to have rc2 on our server, and rc2 is still the most recent (and possibly last) release.

I don't like the push CTF game type. I think I've noted before that Valve intentionally left it out of TF2, eventually coming up with payload as a replacement for it.

There's also the issue where it wasn't clear if b2 or test6 was the newer version.

I'd have gone with b2 personally, since test6 probably isn't intended to be a stable release.

Maybe the author should take a page out of Icarus's book and make a vanilla A/D version out of it...

Yeah, Cashworks was pretty fun for a while on the server, just the framerate issue bogged down computers (and probably even moreso now with all of these extra TF2 updates slowing down performance of the game).

Thank you Valve, for not including LOD models for the new items. </sarcasm>

I've got two festive crates but no keys for them. If someone has keys to trade, or wants to trade me for the crates, let me know here or on the IRC channel. Normally I wouldn't bother "advertising" like this, but since they apparently go poof tonight, I figured I might as well. No sense letting them go to waste.

I've got two festive crates but no keys for them. If someone has keys to trade, or wants to trade me for the crates, let me know here or on the IRC channel. Normally I wouldn't bother "advertising" like this, but since they apparently go poof tonight, I figured I might as well. No sense letting them go to waste.

What do you want for the crates? I've got some extra items looking for a new home, such as... Fists of Steel, Warrior's Spirit, Ullapool Caber, The Claidheamh Mor, and The Back Scratcher.

I just realized those are all melee items, but then again, those are the new item drops I've been getting.

Oh right, I also have two dueling games.

What do you want for the crates? I've got some extra items looking for a new home, such as... Fists of Steel, Warrior's Spirit, Ullapool Caber, The Claidheamh Mor, and The Back Scratcher.

I just realized those are all melee items, but then again, those are the new item drops I've been getting.

Oh right, I also have two dueling games.

I'll trade you a festive crate for that there Claidheamh Mor. I've seen it drop for quite a few people, but not me :(

Heh, it seems to be the most common drop that I've seen from festive crates - it was my second one.

According to the Wiki, Jag is actually the most common, but the other weapons are fairly common as well.

So, I completed trades with Jovian and Brycepops... and through the magic of unboxing, added another Madame Dixie to my inventory.

Whoops.

I don't suppose anyone wants it?