OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

One thing I've noticed is that the new sets, the 3 that don't require hats, have no downsides. To date, the Pyro and Spy sets are the only ones with downsides... and unless that changes when they finally give the Engineer a set, that's the way it will stay.

I suspect that this will eventually change, and that the older sets will no longer require their hats... but the question then becomes "When will this change?"

I'd hate to be forced to use the bullet vulnerability without the hat.

What I really want to see is the set bonuses gone entirely and made intrinsic to the actual weapons. Using the Saharan set as an example:

L'Etranger

+15% cloak on hit

-20% damage

Silent decloak

+.5 seconds flicker time

Your Eternal Reward

Instantly disguise as backstab victim

Kills are silent and discreet

No disguise kit

IDK, I just feel like the whole set business is a step in the wrong direction.

What I really want to see is the set bonuses gone entirely and made intrinsic to the actual weapons. Using the Saharan set as an example:

L'Etranger

+15% cloak on hit

-20% damage

Silent decloak

+.5 seconds flicker time

Your Eternal Reward

Instantly disguise as backstab victim

Kills are silent and discreet

No disguise kit

IDK, I just feel like the whole set business is a step in the wrong direction.

I think that would be awful to have silent decloak so ridiculously easy to get.

I also think it's totally fair that you need all of the stuff to get the cool bonuses, otherwise you could just mix and match with benefits from other weapons.

Ex: It would be absolutely ridiculous to have silent decloak but use the regular knife (I can disguise and dead ringer, and then reappear and no one can hear me sneak up on them? And I'll be disguised so no one will give me much thought?)

Rarity does not equal balance. If something's "awful", then it's awful no matter how long it takes to get -- because there will always be people willing to put the time in to get whatever overpowered-but-its-okay-its-really-hard-to-get thing is included in the game.

Rarity does not equal balance. If something's "awful", then it's awful no matter how long it takes to get -- because there will always be people willing to put the time in to get whatever overpowered-but-its-okay-its-really-hard-to-get thing is included in the game.

especially since there's the option for people to just buy the items and not even put in any time towards getting them......

I also think it's totally fair that you need all of the stuff to get the cool bonuses, otherwise you could just mix and match with benefits from other weapons.

Ex: It would be absolutely ridiculous to have silent decloak but use the regular knife (I can disguise and dead ringer, and then reappear and no one can hear me sneak up on them? And I'll be disguised so no one will give me much thought?)

I'll grant that as written the balance is off, but surely I'm not the only one who hates being shoehorned into a specific loadout if I want a certain bonus not tied to the weapons themselves? (Or alternately, being forced to take on a negative attribute if I wish to use a certain weapon combination -- applies to the Attendant and Saharan Spy only.)

A required update for Team Fortress 2 is now available. The specific changes include:

- Fixed an exploit related to The Amputator.

- Duel result notifications now show the winner's Steam avatar.

- Fixed the alpha channel for CP_Yukon's donation stamp.

- Fixed a client crash caused by overflowing the audio buffer.

- The Earbuds and the Gentle Manne's Service Medal are now gift-wrappable.

- Stock TF2 weapons with custom names or descriptions are now gift-wrappable.

- Updated DeGroot Keep to fix a problem with missing models.

- Fixed a server takeover exploit related to point_servercommand entities.

- Fixed an exploit that allowed servers to circumvent the restrictions on commands they're allowed to force clients to issue.

- Festive Winter Keys have been changed to regular MannCo Crate keys.

Servers have been patched. I believe BLU restarted automatically, but I forced a restart on RED.

No, I mean. The round immediately following the duel, I get 7-8 kills on him in a row. Was just irritated I didn't do it the round before.

I think you missed my point. The domination marker means that he would have likely gone after you more than normal, so chances are you wouldn't have gotten 7-8 kills in a row on him.

I think you missed my point. The domination marker means that he would have likely gone after you more than normal, so chances are you wouldn't have gotten 7-8 kills in a row on him.

Hah gotcha now.

EDIT: Still, after I began dominating him, the marker would be back on for the next few kills. So, in a sense it partly was crappy timing. But you bring up a good point.

So I did what I used to think was impossible and managed to make

on the family computer of my demos from the Highlander tournament. Only took three hours to upload...not that I'm bitter... On a related note, I'll be back at college (and good computers/internet) on Sunday. I know you all miss my acupuncture. :3

Fun fact: The music in the video started playing on my music player at more or less the same time I started watching it in full once I finished. Hilarity ensued.

EDIT: To the person who said "You're playing Spy, the class is all about dick moves," you have my eternal gratitude for such an exploitable soundbite. (Was it D-Dub?)

EDIT: To the person who said "You're playing Spy, the class is all about dick moves," you have my eternal gratitude for such an exploitable soundbite. (Was it D-Dub?)

Hahah! I remember hearing that when watching the replays. Also, starting with the second clip it looked like you were having serious frame rate issues. Was that just me?

Tournament mode is nocrit, which for some odd reason disables the overhand backstab animation. My own computer is on the fritz (again) so I had to use the family computer to play back the demos, which runs TF2 at 10-15 FPS according to Fraps' own counter. Yes.

Luckily I'll be back at college on Sunday.

I still want to see what happens when we pit Frogg + Medic vs. entire enemy team.

<.<

I've played against Frogg when he's got the shaft and ended up on a useless team, same thing right? Even with his pocket medic the end result was my first domination of Frogg.

on the family computer of my demos from the Highlander tournament. Only took three hours to upload...not that I'm bitter... On a related note, I'll be back at college (and good computers/internet) on Sunday. I know you all miss my acupuncture. :3

Fun fact: The music in the video started playing on my music player at more or less the same time I started watching it in full once I finished. Hilarity ensued.

I believe it was Thunder who said it? Probably wrong though.

Great work paranoid, really captured the feel of the tourny for me...