OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

Man, that's a fantastic video, Paranoid. As a fairly incompetent Spy myself, it amazes me just how effortlessly you seem to move from one kill/sap to the next. I usually count myself lucky if I manage to pull off a single backstab before getting discovered in some ridiculously unlucky fashion.

(Also, it has to be a real pain in the ass not being able to see the backstab animation before you attempt one.)

*scratches head* I do most of that stuff and I still happen to just get caught. How the hell do you do it, Paranoid?

Practice, practice, practice.

Also, you have to be able to read people.

Also, it helps if the other team really sucks. No, seriously, I mean it.

That engineer on the Badwater roof really sucked. Not to mention he was up there alone which is double suck for the team.

And on top of that, he built there in lieu of anywhere near the first point. Then again, the only teams that gave us trouble were the Brazilians and Lazytown. (And we lost to Lazytown, so...yeah.)

Man, that's a fantastic video, Paranoid. As a fairly incompetent Spy myself, it amazes me just how effortlessly you seem to move from one kill/sap to the next. I usually count myself lucky if I manage to pull off a single backstab before getting discovered in some ridiculously unlucky fashion.

(Also, it has to be a real pain in the ass not being able to see the backstab animation before you attempt one.)

The priming animation still appears. I think there are a few points in the video where you can see it for a split second. It's the backstab itself that turns into a poke when it's nocrit.

*scratches head* I do most of that stuff and I still happen to just get caught. How the hell do you do it, Paranoid?

Magic. Also skill, sadism/masochism, and a flair for being theatrical. But mostly magic.

He has a secret pact with an elder demon. It gives him good looks and mad spy skills, but he is gonna burn in the Pit for all of eternity.
Practice, practice, practice.

Also, you have to be able to read people.

Also, it helps if the other team really sucks. No, seriously, I mean it.

These are also valid explanations.

Whoops, I was off taking a nap when this happened, but...

A required update for Team Fortress 2 is now available. The specific changes include:

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)

- Added the "Server can execute" flag to the "r_cleardecals" command.

- Fixed a problem where the microphone transmit volume sometimes had no associated control and was disabled in the Audio options dialog.

- Fixed a crash on exit for Mac clients.

Team Fortress 2

- Added community submitted kill icons.

- Fixed enemies seeing death notices when you backstab their team mates with Your Eternal Reward.

- Fixed the attack animation not always playing correctly for Your Eternal Reward.

- Fixed the critboost sound not playing when the Kritzkrieg charge is deployed.

- Fixed a broken texture on the Flipped Trilby.

- Updated the material for the Jag.

- Community Request

--- Fixed spawn points associated with a control point not being enabled/disabled correctly when the control point owner is set using the SetOwner input.

--- Added the "Server can execute" flag to the "firstperson" and "thirdperson" commands.

"- Fixed enemies seeing death notices when you backstab their team mates with Your Eternal Reward."

Whatever for?

I imagine it has to do with seeing a bunch of your own team being killed on like, a cart map, might cause someone to turn around.

Keep in mind that it only suppresses the kill icons when the Spy gets the auto-disguise effect.

I imagine it has to do with seeing a bunch of your own team being killed on like, a cart map, might cause someone to turn around.

Keep in mind that it only suppresses the kill icons when the Spy gets the auto-disguise effect.

That's pretty much it. Even though YER kills silently, seeing SPY BACKSTABBED PLAYER in the top right corner, followed by "PLAYER" himself, is a bit of a giveaway. Thus no kill icon.

Keep in mind that Robin confirmed that the kill icon's presence was a bug and that they would remove it way back when the Polycount items first came out. So it's overdue if anything.

Man, I'm going to have fun with the Saharan set when I get back. >:3

Also, I hate the Ullapool Caber with a seething loathing the likes of which cannot be fully understood by the likes of man without tearing reality asunder and inviting into our world the dread Azathoth. Being able to one-shot most classes? Complete and utter bullshit. The only thing about it that brings the barest sliver of warmth to the cold, jagged obsidian shard that is my treacherous heart is when I manage to Dead Ring at the last second, then shoot the bastard Demoman in the back as he runs home to replenish his bastard weapon.

Also, I hate the Ullapool Caber with a seething loathing the likes of which cannot be fully understood by the likes of man without tearing reality asunder and inviting into our world the dread Azathoth.

You and I both.

And, is it just me, or if someone has the Ullapool Caber and the Sticky Jumper equipped, do they take less of the self-inflicted damage that supposedly is the trade-off?

You and I both.

And, is it just me, or if someone has the Ullapool Caber and the Sticky Jumper equipped, do they take less of the self-inflicted damage that supposedly is the trade-off?

http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Sticky_Jumper - While having the Sticky Jumper equipped, the explosions of the Grenade launcher and the Ullapool Caber will not deal any damage to the demoman himself although it will still hurt and kill his enemies.