OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

so have you just never noticed demomen before right now or what

the grenade launcher has been able to one shot most classes since the beginning of the game

As have sticky bombs. I can't count how often I've raeg'd because a single sticky has managed to kill me from full health.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen the Caber used outside of DeGroot Keep.

so have you just never noticed demomen before right now or what

the grenade launcher has been able to one shot most classes since the beginning of the game

What part of Paranoid's response that grenades at least take more skill than the Caber to hit someone with did you miss?

EDIT: Top Gun, see above. Also, I've actually seen the Caber used fairly often. Few things are more annoying than getting to close range with a demo, where they're usually pretty weak (especially if you're a Scout) and then they lolstick you.

http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Sticky_Jumper - While having the Sticky Jumper equipped, the explosions of the Grenade launcher and the Ullapool Caber will not deal any damage to the demoman himself although it will still hurt and kill his enemies.

I know it nulled Sticky Bomb and Grenade Launcher damage, but it also stops their Caber damage altogether? Great...

What part of Paranoid's response that grenades at least take more skill than the Caber to hit someone with did you miss?

because hitting classes that are faster than you or possibly invisible or hiding behind a sentry or could have sniped you from a mile away with a melee weapon is so easy

let me ask you a question: have you tried not being in the immediate vicinity of caber-wielding demomen, or are you much too busy trying to get fish kills

because hitting classes that are faster than you or possibly invisible or hiding behind a sentry or could have sniped you from a mile away with a melee weapon is so easy

let me ask you a question: have you tried not being in the immediate vicinity of caber-wielding demomen, or are you much too busy trying to get fish kills

Without claiming to be an authority on any of the new Christmas items, I've heard at least anecdotal evidence of the Caber oneshotting Pyros from full HP without crits and overhealed Heavies with crits. So it's not just the 125 HP classes I'm worried about.

Without claiming to be an authority on any of the new Christmas items, I've heard at least anecdotal evidence of the Caber oneshotting Pyros from full HP without crits and overhealed Heavies with crits. So it's not just the 125 HP classes I'm worried about.

I've killed several overhealed heavies with a full targe charge + caber. I'm sure they weren't happy about it :3

My information may have been faulty. Like I said, it was anecdotal.

Based on the general reaction to the Caber, and to a lesser extent the Dead Ringer since everyone's pretty used to it by now, it seems the TF2 community at large doesn't appreciate the idea of large benefits with large drawbacks. Y/N?

Check the wiki. Full-crit caber will kill anyone, including overhealed Heavies.

wiki says crit caber does approximately 400 damage

an overhealed heavy has 450 health

now I'm no mathematician but that leaves us with 50 health left over does it not

300 explosion damage, plus 105 from the critical melee hit itself. That's more than 400 damage, which will kill some not completely overhealed heavies, or overhealed heavies who have taken some damage. Which is, let's face it, most situations. Heavies rarely sit around behind the front lines at full overheal without taking some fire.

So from a practical point of view, if you wait for that heavy and his medic to start taking fire, you increase your chances to one shot him. I think people having killed heavies in such situations are mistaking them for being at "full overheal".

wiki says crit caber does approximately 300 damage

an overhealed heavy has 450 health

now I'm no mathematician but that leaves us with 150 health left over does it not

I was looking at the wrong wiki; the official wiki still says it'll come damn close to one-shotting an overhealed heavy, and I'll be running tests later tonight to determine for myself. In any case, learn how the goddamn weapon works before being condescending about it. First the target takes damage from the melee strike itself.

• Base: 35 (31 to 39 damage)
  • Mini-Crit: 43
  • Critical Hit: 105

Then the target takes the explosion damage.

• Base: ~149
  • Mini-Crit: ~220
  • Critical Hit: ~305

You add them together. 105 melee + ~305 explosion means about 410 damage total in a single attack, leaving, at best, 40 health remaining.

Upon further checking, it can and will instant-kill anyone when used with the Chargin' Targe thanks to the charge attack damage.

Why is the Highlander Server still up? We both lost the competition.

idklolbffjill. Nostalgia? Laziness? Eldritch Abominations? (I'm going with laziness, personally.)

Also barring unfortunate happenstances such as absolutely no one else being present, I shall be on the server tonight. Finally.

A required update for Team Fortress 2 is now available. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive the update. The specific changes include:

- Added Loch-n-Load kill icon.

- Added the mini-sentry kill icon.

- Fixed the Kritzkrieg charge deployed sound getting stuck on.

- Fixed the Heavy's fists not playing the critical hit animation.

- Item Whitelist improvements by request:

- The "mp_tournament_restart" command will now force the whitelist to reload.

- Setting "unlisted_items_default_to" "1" will cause the whitelist to act as a blacklist.

- Setting a specific item to "1" or "0" will override the whitelist/blacklist default.

BLU and RED have been updated and restarted.