OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

I was just looking for a yes/no, not if you wanted to open the trade window right then. If I waited to ask I'd have forgotten by the time the map ended.

---

Editing this in because I don't want to double post for this, but I had an absolute blast playing again tonight for the first time in a month and fell in love with Your Eternal Reward even more than I already did. Special thanks to Frogg for Le Party Phantom.

I've yet to figure out why, but my TF2's started graphically stuttering, rendering itself unplayable, after a few minutes of playing on either of the OCR servers. Strangely enough, this problem doesn't manifest at all if I stay in spectator mode, but it starts off significantly worse if I start playing after having spectated for a while.

I'm trying to figure out what's going on, and I've been hearing a few other people having similar/identical issues lately. Anyone know what's up?

When you say "graphically stutter", do you mean that every once in a while the game just freezes for a split second and then returns to normal? I've noticed that happening to myself now, when I used to get smooth gameplay with no interruptions. I think it started after last Friday's update, and regardless of the server I'm on, it happens to me.

When you say "graphically stutter", do you mean that every once in a while the game just freezes for a split second and then returns to normal? I've noticed that happening to myself now, when I used to get smooth gameplay with no interruptions. I think it started after last Friday's update, and regardless of the server I'm on, it happens to me.

Yeah. In my case it's a bit of the game either doing that or the reverse (appearing to move me just fine for an instant and then returning me to where I just was).

I've yet to figure out why, but my TF2's started graphically stuttering, rendering itself unplayable, after a few minutes of playing on either of the OCR servers. Strangely enough, this problem doesn't manifest at all if I stay in spectator mode, but it starts off significantly worse if I start playing after having spectated for a while.

I'm trying to figure out what's going on, and I've been hearing a few other people having similar/identical issues lately. Anyone know what's up?

I don't know if I'm on the same boat as you, but recently I've been getting random dips in FPS for no apparent reason. It'll be like a steady 120 FPS then it drops to 17 and jets back up again. Happens when I stare at walls as well.

Yeah. In my case it's a bit of the game either doing that or the reverse (appearing to move me just fine for an instant and then returning me to where I just was).

I've had this problem for months. It's constant, and it makes my game unplayable. Hense my absence.

I haven't had any problems, but my computer's kind of overpowered (or was a couple of years ago... Curse you, Moore!). However, when I did have such problems, I erased my game files in the /steamapps/yourname/tf2 folder (but not the GCF archive files so it won't have to redownload them) and it would fix it. Just back up your maps and cfgs and stats file (if not using the cloud) and such first of course.

Your mileage, obviously, may vary.

I was trying to fix a few problems with the server today. Here's my results:

1. The Scramble plugin we use is totally busted and is not currently being maintained. If we want to be able to force scrambles, we'll have to either use the built-in (arena-mode) one that resets the map timer or rely only on the game's auto-scramble.

Right now, the settings for Custom Votes votescramble have been reset to the built-in scramble.

2. I think I got votemelee working again, but I haven't tested it. I also made a few setting changes to melee-only, notably making it so arena maps no longer have random melee-only rounds.

Right now, typing votemelee will prompt you whether you want to turn it on or off. Unfortunately, the plugin isn't smart enough to tell us whether it's currently on or off, so it was either that or ask if you want to toggle it.

did you fix the lag

I have no real control over that. We do know that, if the server has been sitting on the same map for a while, it tends to lag. We don't know when this was started or why, nor do we have any real solution for dealing with it.

Other than that, bug FireSlash to completely reboot the machine this is running from. ;)

A required update for Team Fortress 2 is now available. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive the update. The specific changes include:

Shared Source Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)

- Updated the Linux srcds_run script.

- Added warning message for people running the server as root.

- Changed the working directory to the game tree before executing the dedicated server.

- Updated the existing localization files.

- Added Czech, Hungarian, Romanian and Turkish localization files.

Team Fortress 2

- Updated several models with optimizations and new LODs.

- Updated the default TF2 crosshairs to use the RGB and scale settings in the Options->Multiplayer dialog like custom crosshairs do.

- Added a glow effect to the team intelligence entities when they're not being carried.

- Added a timer to indicate how much time is left before the gate closes in DeGroot Keep.

- Added a new plate model to be used when a Heavy throws the Buffalo Steak Sandvich to heal teammates.

- Added a note in the trading dialog to let you know when your trading partner is typing.

- Added a new Valve map CP_5Gorge.

- Fixed the Mad Milk effect not being washed off when a player goes underwater.

- Fixed being able to attack teammates using pumpkin bombs and arrows fired by the Huntsman or the Crusader's Crossbow.

- Fixed switching to the melee weapon instead of using the lastweapon setting after drinking Crit-a-Cola.

- Fixed not seeing the critboost effect on the Scout's Shortstop.

- Fixed the Sniper Rifle and SMG view models having Red skins while on the Blue team.

- Fixed the Engineer PDA view models (build/destroy) having Red skins while on the Blue team.

- Fixed the mini-sentry HUD not playing the alert sound when the sentry is sapped or low on ammo.

- Updated the community map CP_Yukon.

----Central CP moved up to bridge.

----Bridge widened.

----Several sticky exploits patched.

----Flat bridge added onto CP1's pipes.

I'm updating BLU and RED now.

BLU's default map will be changed to cp_5gorge when the update completes, as well as having that map added to both servers' map lists.

Edit: Wait, WTF? They moved the middle point on Yukon up to the bridge rather than having it in the pit?

Edit 2: Servers have been restarted, with an updated mapchooser with cp_5gorge added to it.

Edit 3: Map lists fixed.

Oh hey, they added 5Gorge. Should be interesting to play on. Haven't had an opportunity to really participate in the Beta, sadly.

If I recall correctly, the reason Yukon's mid was moved onto the bridge was because the pit was a positional disadvantage despite also being the desired point of control. Which if you ask me made for an interesting dynamic where you needed to control the area before attempting to capture, but eh.

lol @ Mad Milk finally washing off in water.

Also FUCK YEAH LOD MODELS. Some of the new weapons had more polys than the player models. (Direct Hit and Ambassador had the most iirc. The Polycount weapons didn't, surprisingly, but I think the contest had poly limits.)

Oh hey, they added 5Gorge. Should be interesting to play on. Haven't had an opportunity to really participate in the Beta, sadly.

If I recall correctly, the reason Yukon's mid was moved onto the bridge was because the pit was a positional disadvantage despite also being the desired point of control. Which if you ask me made for an interesting dynamic where you needed to control the area before attempting to capture, but eh.

I liked the old way. Oh well.

Also, cp_5gorge's middle point has been moved since Beta. There's now a new floor covering where cp_gorge's last point was. That's where the center point is on 5gorge.

The area where it used to be (now directly below that) has a full ammo box and full health kit.

lol @ Mad Milk finally washing off in water.

Yes, that was one of my larger Spy pet peeves.