OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

I wonder if moving the center point on Yukon will make it any easier to re-take it. I admittedly haven't played all that much on that map, but it's been my experience that whichever team manages to snag it first usually holds onto it for the rest of the round.

So... apparently HLStatsX updated a while back without actually sending a message to their mailing list saying that it was updated.

>:/

Also, we've talked a lot in the past about resetting said stats... and I think now would probably be a good time to do it. If there aren't any objections, I'll likely reset then one week from today (Saturday, January 29, 2011).

At that time, I'll do a fresh install and then tweak the Medic Assist scoring.

So... apparently HLStatsX updated a while back without actually sending a message to their mailing list saying that it was updated.

>:/

Also, we've talked a lot in the past about resetting said stats... and I think now would probably be a good time to do it. If there aren't any objections, I'll likely reset then one week from today (Saturday, January 29, 2011).

At that time, I'll do a fresh install and then tweak the Medic Assist scoring.

Make sure you fix the 23/24 slot count really being 24/25 issue the server still has. Being able to auto join would be nice.

Make sure you fix the 23/24 slot count really being 24/25 issue the server still has. Being able to auto join would be nice.

If I knew what was causing it, I'd have already fixed it. :/

Particularly since the reserved slot plugin we use isn't supposed to change the number of slots... it may be related to SourceTV, but I'm not positive on that.

Maybe I should disable SourceTV on RED and see if the count goes back to normal.

What's this about autojoin? Just basically forcing random team selection instead of presenting you with the doors?

I turned it on earlier tonight when I suspected there was a lot of team stacking going on from the pubbers. I've turned it back off now.

And I do suspect it's SourceTV, personally. We only got the extra slot when Kagami joined us IIRC.

The count was off by one before because of how the old reserved slots worked... there really were 26 (25 + Kagami) slots. Now, the problem is in the other direction; it's showing one less slot in use than are actually in use.

What's this about autojoin? Just basically forcing random team selection instead of presenting you with the doors?

No, nothing to do with team selection. It's when you select a server and if it happens to be full, you can select Auto-Join Server. When someone leaves the game, it automatically connects instead of just having to hit "Connect" repeatedly and hoping you get lucky.

A required update for Team Fortress 2 is now available. The specific changes include:

Shared Source Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)

- Fixed the dedicated server not running on machines using Win2k.

Team Fortress 2

- Added the Monday Night Combat gear.

- Added Crit-a-Cola to the weapon drop list.

- Added missing chalkboard/serverbrowser materials for 5Gorge.

- Fixed some missing particles systems in the low violence version.

- Fixed a bug with the round ending when a control point is captured during Overtime in CP_Egypt.

- Fixed the game not running on machines using Fat32.

- Updated the localization files.

Servers are updating now.

This is a really stupid and trivial question, but I assume the names given for the various awards in HLStats are inherent to the system itself?

They can be renamed, we just haven't bothered.

Edit: The server update is taking longer than normal... apparently a bunch of models were updated and/or moved and thus are being downloaded.