OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

Since Bark was nice enough to bump this for me while I was editing my last post, I'll repost what I was editing in:

I've also done a nasty, hackish type thing to make it so that the server always displays a max player count of 24. This is due to TF2 not counting bots as players on the server, yet increasing the max player count when SourceTV's bot is enabled.

TL;DR Max slot count was off by one, it's fixed now.

NOTE to reserved slot holders: This means you must now use the console to connect to a full server! For example:

connect blu.ocrtf2.com

Since Bark was nice enough to bump this for me while I was editing my last post, I'll repost what I was editing in:

I've also done a nasty, hackish type thing to make it so that the server always displays a max player count of 24. This is due to TF2 not counting bots as players on the server, yet increasing the max player count when SourceTV's bot is enabled.

TL;DR Max slot count was off by one, it's fixed now.

NOTE to reserved slot holders: This means you must now use the console to connect to a full server! For example:

connect blu.ocrtf2.com

Sweet.

Been waiting for this for quite a while; hope it doesn't break again. :mrgreen:

I traded my Circling Heart mask for a Confetti Mask plus a boatload of metal.

Looks kinda funny now with both.

Now, I just wonder if I should craft the metal into new hats or just save it towards another unusual... I mean, I'm sitting on like 16 refined metal now.

An idea just occurred to me: How long do you guys expect it to be until Frogg reclaims the #1 spot in the stats?

Not long, seeing as how he's already second. Of course, right now I'm first... but I doubt that'll remain... I just had some REALLY good rounds as Spy yesterday.

Anyway, the stats page is currently having trouble resolving what countries people are from. I'm going to try to find out why that is.

Edit: It was missing a geolocation file. I think it's fixed now, but it doesn't look like it'll correct the current entries.

Edit 2: OK, this time I really think I've got it fixed, but it won't fix old data. Granted, we only really have data from yesterday, so no big loss.

I also took the time to bump up the award for deploying an Ubercharge from 1 point to 5 points.

Edit 3: Turns out your flag will be fixed the first time you log in.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Sharpened_Volcano_Fragment

So they made a promotional item that, if I'm not mistaken, has unique attributes that you can't get normally.

Actually, according to that page, it's identical to the Axtinguisher.

Speaking of which:

Updates to Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)

-Further improved engine handling of server queries.

Team Fortress 2

-Added Rift promotional items

---New items: Sun-On-A-Stick and Sharpened Volcano Fragment.

---New achievement: Riftwalker

---Updated several more models with optimizations and new LODs.

-Fixed seeing a partial health bar in the upper left corner of the spectator menu.

-Fixed the control point progress bar not being aligned properly when using cl_hud_minmode 1.

-Fixed the The Essential Accessories hiding the Scout's hat/headphones.

-Updated sounds for the Brass Beast.

-Updated the Scottish Resistance stickybombs to always glow if they will be detonated by a right-click, including the stickybombs under the Demoman's feet.

-Changed default crosshair to be more opaque, like the custom crosshairs.

-Fixed some missing surfaces on the bottom of the Pyro's mask.

-Fixed the assister's name not being listed in the Fish humiliation and kill notices.

-Fixed the Force-a-Nature not drawing correctly in the character loadout screen.

-Engineers who hit teammate's sentry guns with their wrench now get kill assists from that sentry.

-Made the Jag gift wrappable.

-Fixed seeing a badge on the player when a noisemaker is equipped.

-Fixed particle effects on the Hustler's Hallmark.

-Added FCVAR_DONTRECORD flags to 'bind,' 'bind_mac,' 'unbind,' 'unbind_mac,' and 'unbindall' so they can't be recorded into a demo (fixes having your keys changed when you watch a demo).

-Updated Cp_Granary

----Added a new entrance to the mid Red/Blue ramp rooms.

----Clipping, lighting and perf improvements.

-Tournament mode HUD fixes

----Fixed seeing an empty alert tray under the stopwatch timer.

----Fixed a bug where the time for the tournament mode stopwatch wasn't being displayed.

----Fixed the countdown when both teams are ready always reading "0 seconds"

I've heard conflicting reports that the promo items are identical to the Axetinguisher and Boston Basher and that they have unique stats. I really hope the former is the case.

I doubt it has unique stats, as that goes against Valve's promo item design philosophy.

Edit: Maybe not... according to the TF2 official group: "The Sharpened Volcano Fragment and the Sun-on-a-Stick will be obtainable through crafting after the Rift pre-order period ends."

Also promotional achievement lolwut.

Anyone can earn it, it's a standard General achievement, but it unlocks a hat in Rift via a promo code.

I doubt it has unique stats, as that goes against Valve's promo item design philosophy.

Anyone can earn it, it's a standard General achievement.

WHARBLGARBL

According to the TF2 Wiki, they do in fact have unique stats. This is further supported by the blog, which states that the items will get crafting recipes once the promo ends. (No point in making them universally available if they're just reskins.)

Sun on a Stick does +35% damage, but -45% if the target isn't on fire.

Sharpened Volcano Fragment ignites on hit, but does -20% damage.

What are the requirements for the new achievement?

WHARBLGARBL

According to the TF2 Wiki, they do in fact have unique stats. This is further supported by the blog, which states that the items will get crafting recipes once the promo ends. (No point in making them universally available if they're just reskins.)

Sun on a Stick does +35% damage, but -45% if the target isn't on fire.

Sharpened Volcano Fragment ignites on hit, but does -20% damage.

Yeah, I edited my post to add in the crafting comment before you replied.

Dammit, Valve, stop adding new weapons every time I finally finish getting the previous set of weapons! >:(

At least they're letting us get this stuff without buying another game, and at least it isn't just another reskin. I have no interest in MMOs whatsoever.