OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

Did you find it somewhere at a decent price? Because I've been thinking about getting into it but I'm not willing to pay like $100 for all the expansions and crap.

Wow had super discounts on the base game and first two expansions around Christmas that lowered the entire game so far to $20 ($5 for base, $5 for Burning Crusade, $10 for Wrath of the Lich King). Unfortunately, it looks like that's done. Oh, and Cataclysm hasn't really been on sale, since it just came out two months ago.

As for me, my Internet connection has been suckier than usual this week, and I have another appointment with a tech on Monday. Dunno how much I'll be on TF2 this weekend.

Basically, I lost patience with it on Steel when I lagged and died because of it, lag went away when I was respawning, then returned as soon as I left my spawn room.

In other words, I'd done absolutely nothing for the last 45 seconds, 30 of it against my will.

Basically, I lost patience with it on Steel when I lagged and died because of it, lag went away when I was respawning, then returned as soon as I left my spawn room.

In other words, I'd done absolutely nothing for the last 45 seconds, 30 of it against my will.

So that's why you just stood there while I Huntsman'd your sentry, then your dispenser, then you. My bad.

I have an Unusual Magnificent Mongolian. Some nice dude apparently gifted it to me during my absence from tf2. I feel kinda bad.

I'm surprised.

It had to be a recent gift since Mongolian is a newish hat, but I wonder if they meant to gift it to you, or got the wrong person.

I have an Unusual Magnificent Mongolian. Some nice dude apparently gifted it to me during my absence from tf2. I feel kinda bad.

Does it say that it is a gift from someone? I thought that gifts usually have a name under them. I know that some of the items I received as gifts have a name under them. I don't know if the same rules apply to gift wrap. Also, congrats on your hat.

Edit: I checked your backpack and you received it from Dark_Stool. He's on your friends list and I think he frequents tf2auctions as well.

Does it say that it is a gift from someone? I thought that gifts usually have a name under them. I know that some of the items I received as gifts have a name under them. I don't know if the same rules apply to gift wrap. Also, congrats on your hat.

Actually, that's an interesting point.

It's impossible to give someone items if they're not running TF2. Similarly, it's impossible to get an Unusual item as a random drop, as you can only get them from crates.

The Stocking Stuffer Key was given to everyone.

I managed to miss out on the Stocking Stuffer Key by not running TF2 at all between the time it was first announced and when they were converted to regular keys. Which I guess is to be expected, but it was still a bit surprising.

Are you sure? I saw someone receive a Stocking Stuffer Key just the other day...

It's impossible to give someone items if they're not running TF2. Similarly, it's impossible to get an Unusual item as a random drop, as you can only get them from crates.

I'm fairly sure you can gift an item to anyone, regardless of online status.

Stocking Stuffer keys should have been given to everyone regardless of when you logged in after the holidays, and did not change into regular keys. Winter Keys turned into regular keys. You must have received one at some point. Maybe you used it thinking it was just a regular key? Post-winter update they were the same anyways.

Edit: I checked your backpack and you received it from Dark_Stool. He's on your friends list and I think he frequents tf2auctions as well.

Yeah he's a guy I don't know, but I always traded him my crates because he was atrociously generous. Now and then I would insist on giving him crates for free because... well he was too nice, and I honestly couldnt care a less for the crates anyway. But I never talked to him outside of trading, and I dont know him outside of that. After not launching tf2 for over a month I came back to a gift and I was all wtf? And it was an unusual hat.

Yeah he's a guy I don't know, but I always traded him my crates because he was atrociously generous. Now and then I would insist on giving him crates for free because... well he was too nice, and I honestly couldnt care a less for the crates anyway. But I never talked to him outside of trading, and I dont know him outside of that. After not launching tf2 for over a month I came back to a gift and I was all wtf? And it was an unusual hat.

It's a bottom tier unusual (least wanted effect, not very well liked hat...), but still... unusuals of any sort are worth quite a bit in term of hats/metal/keys.

For reference, outside of themed hats (Flies Handyman's Handle, Ghosts Le Party Phantom, Burning/Scorching Pyro hats), the order of effects from most to least wanted are:

Sunbeams

Burning Flames

Scorching Flames

Purple/Green Energy

Vivid Plasma

Haunted Ghosts/Circling Heart

Searing Plasma

Circling Peace/TF Logo

Flies

Purple/Green Confetti

Le Party Phantom and Blighted Beak are higher up on the Unusual "want" chart than normal, because they're the only two Misc items that have unusual effects. They place right after misc hats (Towering Pillar, Noble Amassment, Modest Pile), followed by set hats, then class-specific nicer hats.

Edit: For reference, the "ask an opinion on a trade thread!" experts said this: "Probably... Mongolion unusuals are dirt cheap."

Of course, this has to be taken into perspective, as the "dirt cheap" they were referring to as an OK deal was:

Familiar Fez

A Rather Festive Tree

Dr’s Dapper Topper

Carouser’s Capotain

Engineer’s cap

Officer's Ushanka

Blighted Beak

Ze Goggles

Magnificent Mongolian

MNC Set

Gift-wrapped (non-tradeable) Voodoo Juju

v.Hotrod

v.Tyrants Helm

v.Ye Olde Baker Boy

v.Shooter's Sola Topi

v.Glengarry Bonnet

v.KF set

1 refined

Stocking Stuffer keys should have been given to everyone regardless of when you logged in after the holidays, and did not change into regular keys. Winter Keys turned into regular keys. You must have received one at some point. Maybe you used it thinking it was just a regular key? Post-winter update they were the same anyways.

Nope, never got one.

I agree that properly shaming trolls produces wonderful feelings of schadenfreude. However, I am honestly unsure of the point where trolls stop being amusing and start being annoying to the detriment of the server experience. Is it when someone complains? Just don't feed them? I'm still kind of uncomfortable with throwing the banhammer around without a really good reason. <.<;

Firefox recognizes schadenfreude as a word. This makes me happy.

I agree that properly shaming trolls produces wonderful feelings of schadenfreude. However, I am honestly unsure of the point where trolls stop being amusing and start being annoying to the detriment of the server experience. Is it when someone complains? Just don't feed them? I'm still kind of uncomfortable with throwing the banhammer around without a really good reason. <.<;

Firefox recognizes schadenfreude as a word. This makes me happy.

If it gets to the point where we have to Steam message an admin, you should probably kick/ban 'em.

Had to ban some folks last night, one for obvious reasons (being a complete and total asshole), and another for what may seem less obvious.

I'd like to remind everyone (or in this case, preach to the choir) that OCRTF2 servers are the official servers of the OverClocked ReMix community, which means that if someone is playing remixes over mic (with the permission of the admins), don't sit there and shit all over the music, calling it "fucking micspam" or other things like that. OC ReMix is not just a gaming community; it's a music and gaming community.

Also if you play on the servers and haven't checked out the remixes...check out the remixes, guys. There's a lot of great music here.