OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

Preorder a game that doesn't have hats? Never.

But it does have a hat! you get it from killing someone in TF2! How's that for a meta cross over?

how about you should never pre-order a game that beat Palladium Books in a court of law?

I feel the need to thank those of you who have trudged through what I still feel is a trainwreck of a map not once, not twice, but three times. (Bark assures me it is not, in fact, a trainwreck, but I'm my own worst critic.) While the last week and a half has been incredibly hectic for me, I managed to squeeze in the time to work on Stage 2 enough to be comfortable with publishing it. Even then, I will freely admit that I cut corners where I felt they were unnecessary and didn't affect actual gameplay. Mostly the lack of proper roofs and the fairly obvious and abundant texture fighting wherever two brush faces share an edge.

(Dropbox Link)

For those of you who like pictures, I present for your viewing pleasure:

Point 1A

Point 1B

Point 2A

Point 2B

Copypasta of the changelog:

-Added a fuckton of rock models to point 1A to break up the squareness.

-Also displaced a bunch of terrain and added a new building near BLU spawn.

-Shrunk the balcony over the death pit.

-Changed the garage layout between 1A and 1B.

-Extended the high ground at point 1B.

-Gave RED an extra spawn exit for Stage 1 that leads to the basement of point 1B.

-This exit is not useable by BLU during Stage 2.

-Changed several health and ammo amounts and locations.

-Added Stage 2.

I feel the need to thank those of you who have trudged through what I still feel is a trainwreck of a map not once, not twice, but three times.

Ooh! Hurray! I enjoyed beta testing the previous incarnation of this map (and quarry) for you and will gladly do the same again here. The displacements make 1A look a lot nicer than the straight ramp, too!

Will reply as soon as I do a run through...

(Also, did this project have a thread at TF2Maps?)

Ooh! Hurray! I enjoyed beta testing the previous incarnation of this map (and quarry) for you and will gladly do the same again here. The displacements make 1A look a lot nicer than the straight ramp, too!

Will reply as soon as I do a run through...

(Also, did this project have a thread at TF2Maps?)

It did (does?) but I haven't updated it in ages. I will once I get Stage 3 up. So...about a year?

(Terribly slow mapper, right here.)

I'm going to do some testing this week to see if I can fix some issues with Mapchooser Extended... minor things like teaching the Announcer how to count correctly.

I'll likely also merge in some updates IJ did to the translations file, and maybe... JUST MAYBE... get it to show a percent sign when it's supposed to ("cp_dustbowl won with 70 of 21 votes")

Edit: I probably should have mentioned I put Paranoid's map on the servers Saturday morning shortly after he posted it.

I'm going to do some testing this week to see if I can fix some issues with Mapchooser Extended... minor things like teaching the Announcer how to count correctly.

I'll likely also merge in some updates IJ did to the translations file, and maybe... JUST MAYBE... get it to show a percent sign when it's supposed to ("cp_dustbowl won with 70 of 21 votes")

It's been brought up ingame that even though the vote keys start at 4, it still disables 1-3. I've been on servers that seem to time the plugin to start a vote only when a round ends, which doesn't exactly fix the issue but does make it nearly invisible. Should this be looked into?

Edit: I probably should have mentioned I put Paranoid's map on the servers Saturday morning shortly after he posted it.

<3

It's been brought up ingame that even though the vote keys start at 4, it still disables 1-3. I've been on servers that seem to time the plugin to start a vote only when a round ends, which doesn't exactly fix the issue but does make it nearly invisible. Should this be looked into?

I'm pretty sure this is a limitation of the Source engine's in-game menu system, which SourceMod uses to pop up vote menus.

Updated mapchooser.

Consider it a late birthday gift... wait, you're supposed to give me gifts on my birthday, not the other way around!

Among things changed are:

• The announcer finally knows how to count, even if she counts a little fast sometimes (SourceMod uses inaccurate timers).
  • I spent several hours ironing out issues with Runoff votes. If no one voted during a runoff vote, there was a 2/3 chance that it would cause all map-related SourceMod tools (rtv, admin map change, etc...) to stop working until the map changed. Fixed now!
  • Fixed where it wasn't showing percent signs where it should have. No more "53 of 21 votes" sillyness.
  • Updated colors.inc to fix both performance issues and add additional colors options. I'm not sure why we'd ever want olive colored text for the mapchooser, but at least it's an option now!

Updated mapchooser.

Consider it a late birthday gift... wait, you're supposed to give me gifts on my birthday, not the other way around!

Among things changed are:

• The announcer finally knows how to count, even if she counts a little fast sometimes (SourceMod uses inaccurate timers).
  • I spent several hours ironing out issues with Runoff votes. If no one voted during a runoff vote, there was a 2/3 chance that it would cause all map-related SourceMod tools (rtv, admin map change, etc...) to stop working until the map changed. Fixed now!
  • Fixed where it wasn't showing percent signs where it should have. No more "53 of 21 votes" sillyness.
  • Updated colors.inc to fix both performance issues and add additional colors options. I'm not sure why we'd ever want olive colored text for the mapchooser, but at least it's an option now!

Lets get the HLStats Messages to pop up again.

:<

Lets get the HLStats Messages to pop up again.

:<

That was actually part of the config we copied from the old server. It's actually a per-server setting in HLStatsX.

I'm personally not against it, but I seem to recall people complained about how much it spammed.

P.S. My Internet connection is sucking harder than usual this week, so no clue how often I'll be on. Need to talk to my roommates about switching to DSL...

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)

Added check to prevent multiplayer servers from transmitting 1 as their maxplayers value to connecting clients

Fixed clients being able to use particle exploits on sv_pure servers

Team Fortress 2

Added The Shogun Pack items

Fixed the "Best Little Slaughterhouse in Texas" Engineer achievement not counting Wranger and Mini-Sentry kills

Updated several more models with optimizations and new LODs

Updated the Blighted Beak with a creator submitted fix

Servers restarted.

And I read the update notes about the maxplayers wrong, our maxvisibleplayers fix will stay like it is.

The Kunai leaves the Spy with 60 max HP, which lets him be oneshot by a noncrit melee. (Except the Scout's and another Spy.) Apparently the life leech brings him up to 180 overheal, but I'm not convinced it's worth it unless it doesn't decay or something. Although I'll still be looking to get one for obvious reasons.

Other weapons are a Soldier Banner (Buffed teammates get life leech on hit), a Scout melee (-90% damage, hit target takes minicrits, limit 1 target at a time), and a Soldier/Demoman melee (Full HP regen on kill, cannot put weapon away until making a kill). And the Medic has a Geisha hairdo. Seriously.

Welp, here we go again. I finally craft one of the Rift items, and they announce a bunch of new crap. Just like the last two weapons updates. Woo.

Seriously, though, I don't have a massive problem with Valve adding new stuff to the game (even though we're starting to approach critical-mass levels here, especially if you're a new player), but for crying out loud, at least give us a bit more time between these additions. Or if you won't, then maybe it's time to give the drop rate a significant boost. I play fairly frequently, and I'm always running way behind metal-wise.

Or if you won't, then maybe it's time to give the drop rate a significant boost. I play fairly frequently, and I'm always running way behind metal-wise.

This. I'm still trying to get some of the Australian Christmas items. IMO they should stop adding new items and start trying to balance what's already there. Razorback, Dalokoh's Bar, Unspellable Claymore, Pyro in general, etc.