OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

This. I'm still trying to get some of the Australian Christmas items. IMO they should stop adding new items and start trying to balance what's already there. Razorback, Dalokoh's Bar, Unspellable Claymore, Pyro in general, etc.

Which items are you missing? I mean, heck, at one point I had SIX Candy Canes.

Which items are you missing? I mean, heck, at one point I had SIX Candy Canes.

IIRC, the Steak, Crossbow, and Loch N Load. Also a new Degreaser, since I gave mine to Lale. Plus the Rift and Shogun items, but I care decidedly less about those. Except the Kunai. Even though I'm not convinced I'll use it.

This. I'm still trying to get some of the Australian Christmas items. IMO they should stop adding new items and start trying to balance what's already there. Razorback, Dalokoh's Bar, Unspellable Claymore, Pyro in general, etc.

I can't speak for the Dalokohs Bar, since I never use that, but I find the Razorback relatively useful myself. At least it gives you a chance to deal with Spies while you're sniping, instead of getting offed without any warning whatsoever.

Sniper items kinda suck in general. The Huntsman and Jarate are both decent alternatives, but the Sydney Sleeper, Razorback, and Danger Shield are worthless.

But thanks to that new fucking sword, I officially hate demos even more than spies now. I didn't even think that was possible.

Someone's already got a video of the Kunai in action.

I'm impressed with how much HP it takes per kill, probably just how much HP the victim had when he died but still. Yet at the same time the HP caps at less than the Spy's basic overheal anyway. I cannot think of anything the Kunai lets you do better than the Knife or YER, except maybe helping you survive a kamikaze stab.

Someone's already got a video of the Kunai in action.

I'm impressed with how much HP it takes per kill, probably just how much HP the victim had when he died but still. Yet at the same time the HP caps at less than the Spy's basic overheal anyway. I cannot think of anything the Kunai lets you do better than the Knife or YER, except maybe helping you survive a kamikaze stab.

Also if you get a backstab, and get set on fire afterward, you gotta wait for the overheal to wear off to pick up a health kit. Or a Medic or Pyro or Sniper or Scout has to put you out.

Soldier/Demoman melee (Full HP regen on kill, cannot put weapon away until making a kill).

This one sounded like a better Scout weapon idea to me.

Anyways when I saw this I just felt like, "Okay, another item update. Oh, okay, a samurai game is coming out that I will never play." TF2 really is just an advertisement. I really wonder how much time they put towards considering balance for these items. It always seems so arbitrary and tacked on.

Also if you get a backstab, and get set on fire afterward, you gotta wait for the overheal to wear off to pick up a health kit. Or a Medic or Pyro or Sniper or Scout has to put you out.

Yeah look at that. Its to the point where I would rather pay for TF2 updates if it meant quality and not feeling like a game I love is being used for nothing more than whoring other crap.

EDIT: Okay, so, the Scout item description was really confusing to me so I tried to figure out what it does. The melee hits do -90% damage, but your other weapons will do mini-crits to the target. Sounds pretty overpowered.

What? My computer goes down for like two days and there's like four new item pack updates out.

Seriously, though. Any of these worth using at all? Haven't had the opportunity to see any in action yet at all.

Also, Paranoid, do you still need a Degreaser? I think I may have a spare. Not certain about that, but I'll toss it over if I've got it.

The drop system hates me, except when it doesn't, but even then it seems to be a begrudging non-hate. (Got one of the new items, but it was the Scout's fan thing.) Maybe I'll get enough melee items to make a melee token and try to craft the Kunai that way. Just my luck I'll get another YER.

tl;dr yes I do

EDIT: Concerning the new Announcer, I noticed that the onscreen message is still missing % signs. "No map has received 45 of the vote." This assumes you already changed it, if not nevermind.

EDIT: Okay, so, the Scout item description was really confusing to me so I tried to figure out what it does. The melee hits do -90% damage, but your other weapons will do mini-crits to the target. Sounds pretty overpowered.

Not really...it's essentially the Scout's version of Jarate, only you have to get up in the enemy's grill to deliver it instead of lobbing it from a safe distance.

EDIT: Concerning the new Announcer, I noticed that the onscreen message is still missing % signs. "No map has received 45 of the vote." This assumes you already changed it, if not nevermind.

I'll double check it... I may have forgotten to upload the new translation file when I put the new version on RED/BLU (I was using the event server binary on the old Highlander IP for testing).

Just checked, it should be using the new version. Not sure why it wouldn't be displaying properly.

We've released a mandatory TF2 update. The details are below.

-Eric

------------------------------------

Team Fortress 2

- Fixed players not being able to fire their weapons immediately after spawning.

- Fixed the decapitation counters not being displayed for some weapons.

- Fixed the revenge crit label not being localized correctly.

- Fixed the Demoman not using the correct animations for some of his weapons.

- Fixed the new Shogun hats not being grayed out when paint is being used.

- Fixed players getting a health bonus based on the weapon they're currently holding instead of the weapon that dealt the killing blow.

- Updated Cp_Yukon

---- Fixed a hole in the map.

BLU and RED updated and restarted.

Gee, thanks Paranoid. I start checking that for you and now I'm in the middle of redoing this plugin's additional functions (from mapchooser) from the ground up. Which isn't easy or quick, even though it's based off of the standard mapchooser plugin.

Oh well, at least so far I have it so it fires off hookable events when the warning timer ticks, so I can separate out the Sounds plugin! :D

Gee, thanks Paranoid. I start checking that for you and now I'm in the middle of redoing this plugin's additional functions (from mapchooser) from the ground up. Which isn't easy or quick, even though it's based off of the standard mapchooser plugin.

Oh well, at least so far I have it so it fires off hookable events when the warning timer ticks, so I can separate out the Sounds plugin! :D

I'm sorry?

I just checked the TF2 Beta Updates thread while talking to some people in #ocremix.

Apparently voting is being rolled directly into TF2 and is now present in the Beta, along with a Coaching system and a new Replays system.

Guess I'm not going to bother updating Mapchooser Extended after all, as it will quickly be obsolete.

Oh yeah, Beta. That thing I have but never really play.

We've released a mandatory TF2 update. The details are below.

-Eric

------------------------------------

Team Fortress 2

- Fixed a server crash caused by using the Half-Zatoichi to hit someone not holding a weapon.

- Fixed the Soldier/Demoman taunts not working correctly when the Half-Zatoichi is the active weapon.

- Fixed the Concheror animations not always playing correctly for players on the Blue team.

- Fixed a bug where players could switch weapons after deploying the Half-Zatoichi before they killed someone with it.

- Updated The Shogun Pack items to be tradeable.

- Crafting changes

--- All recipes are now known to all players.

--- Reduced the cost of most recipes.

--- Items previously crafted using recipes that will be reduced in this update have been upgraded to Vintage quality.

Updating servers now. Servers have been restarted.

Also, interesting that they made crafting recipes take less stuff but make the old crafted versions vintage...

- Crafting changes

--- All recipes are now known to all players.

--- Reduced the cost of most recipes.

--- Items previously crafted using recipes that will be reduced in this update have been upgraded to Vintage quality.

^ this.

I've thought for a while now that the metal requirements on some items was really off center. Seriously? 2 refined + another weapon for some stuff? Tad too pricey for those just getting into the game or who don't play non-stop.

Sweet, now I have a few extra Vintage items, including the Sun-on-a-Stick I just crafted like two days ago. It's kind of weird having items that were just released two months ago turn Vintage, though. :P

In the grand scheme of things, though, this is a great idea. I've been trying to feed my brother any duplicate drops that he doesn't have, because I know it would take him months of constant playing to come close to crafting the entire weapons set.

Sweet, now I have a few extra Vintage items, including the Sun-on-a-Stick I just crafted like two days ago. It's kind of weird having items that were just released two months ago turn Vintage, though. :P

In the grand scheme of things, though, this is a great idea. I've been trying to feed my brother any duplicate drops that he doesn't have, because I know it would take him months of constant playing to come close to crafting the entire weapons set.

You may want to point him in the direction of the Reddit armory. Their purpose is to give new players some of the weapons that they do not have so that they don't have to spend months crafting them.

http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/g4a6b/reddit_armory_update_migrating_location/