OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

Yeah, saw that on Reddit. However, I really don't find IRL violence and bullying all that "funny".

Perhaps, but you cannot deny the shadenfreude that comes from a bully getting beat up by the...bulliee?

In completely unrelated news, I am now a (sort of) published writer on Top Tier Tactics. (What is it called when you contribute the data and the writeup, but the other guy actually does the formatting and posting?) Only took him around three months to post it, but it's there, and already out of date thanks to the Kunai and Half-Zatoichi. I am still inordinately happy about it.

In completely unrelated news, I am now a (sort of) published writer on Top Tier Tactics. (What is it called when you contribute the data and the writeup, but the other guy actually does the formatting and posting?) Only took him around three months to post it, but it's there, and already out of date thanks to the Kunai and Half-Zatoichi. I am still inordinately happy about it.

It's great that you're published, but no mention of how the corpse it drops is different if you're disguised as your own team? No mention of the silent decloak effect with the Saharan Spy set? No mention of missing particle effects if the player they're disguised as is wearing an unusual hat?

As for new stuff, it's important to note that the Fan o' War's effect does not show for cloaked Spies (or not that I noticed). However, it will appear while they're disguised and uncloaked.

As I recall, the Half-Zoitichi does not grant its heal bonus for "killing" a Spy with the DR out. I haven't tested the Kunai.

The intent was not to cover disguises, but merely to document what weapons do and do not make a feign death obvious. Could I have gone into more detail about other aspects? Yes. Would I have ever finished if I did? Probably not. :P

Edit now that I'm at a proper computer:

I originally wanted to do more research, but it took me long enough just to finish documenting effects on kill and how they interact with fake deaths. Unusuals simply didn't occur to me, and neither myself nor my testing partner had one anyway. The extra tidbits listed at the end were merely observations I made by chance, not specific test goals.

I'll probably follow up on this later, but who knows when that will be.

I'm going to be setting up a TF2 Beta server again to test how voting works in it.

Simply put: I want to suggest to Valve as many improvements to the built-in voting system as possible before it goes live... mainly features that Mapchooser Extended has that TF2's built-in voting doesn't.

I'll announce it here once I have it set up.

Oh, testing koth_badlands might be interesting too. Same for the Coaching system.

Badlands is an awful map anyway.

No loss IMO.

I can't say I'm a fan of Badlands proper myself, but I think Powerlord was just talking about the new KOTH version.

Also, I've just had two hats drop on me in as many days: a Prancer's Pride, and a Stainless Pot. This is after getting only one hat drop in my previous 250+ hours of play (two if you count my Whiskered Gentleman), and only owning two drop-able hats prior to this. I don't know what kind of lucky streak I'm on, but I like it. :D

I can't say I'm a fan of Badlands proper myself, but I think Powerlord was just talking about the new KOTH version.

Also, I've just had two hats drop on me in as many days: a Prancer's Pride, and a Stainless Pot. This is after getting only one hat drop in my previous 250+ hours of play (two if you count my Whiskered Gentleman), and only owning two drop-able hats prior to this. I don't know what kind of lucky streak I'm on, but I like it. :D

You could say you are a.....

8)

Top Gunner...

YEEEEAAHHHHHH!!!

Sadly, these lucky streaks are few and far between... my last two hats were on two consecutive days back in... January, I think. After a 9 month period with no hat drops.

It took me well over 100 hours for my first hat to drop (and that was a hatless Scout), but my brother got a Camera Beard within his first 20. There's a really huge range.

(Man, I'm kind of disappointed that my new Pot isn't paintable. I just had Australium Gold drop, and it would look pretty damn awesome.)

Damn, those are some depressing numbers.

The one thing that sucks from my perspective is that I've never once had enough metal to attmept crafting a random hat. Hell, the most metal I've ever had at one time is two Refined, and that went to crafting my Headtaker. It began when I started actively playing the game only two weeks before Polycount...every time I manage to craft/find/trade for all the weapons from the previous round, hey look, there's another new weapons update to deal with. At least these last two added just a handful of new stuff, but I can guarantee you that Valve will toss in a few more as soon as I snag the other Shogun items I need.

Damn, those are some depressing numbers.

The one thing that sucks from my perspective is that I've never once had enough metal to attmept crafting a random hat.

Luckily, there isn't a true need to craft random hats anymore with the advent of trading. Most non-vintage hats can be purchased for a flat 2 refined. (Stout Shako) 2 refined costs 36 weapons to create and drop rates give aroung 7-12 items a week on average. So we can assume you will have enough material to trade a hat about every 4 weeks.

I think I get a random hat drop every 200 hours.