OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

I'd rather it didn't happen.

Anyway, I may change some map configuration stuff around to be based on number of rounds rather than using timelimit on every map. However, it'd require creating (or linking) a config file for every non-arena map in the game, as Valve only supports config files for arena mode and per-map.

I would support this, especially for asymmetrical maps where there can still be time for a third round or not enough time for a second. (Although the latter case is a) rare and B) arguably favorable if it's been dragging on that long.)

While I'm thinking about it, another server I go to sometimes (critsandvich) has a mapvote plugin that seems to only start the vote after a round has ended. Do you have any idea how that could work?

I would support this, especially for asymmetrical maps where there can still be time for a third round or not enough time for a second. (Although the latter case is a) rare and B) arguably favorable if it's been dragging on that long.)

While I'm thinking about it, another server I go to sometimes (critsandvich) has a mapvote plugin that seems to only start the vote after a round has ended. Do you have any idea how that could work?

I may just set the server to not have any time limits and set the default for maps to 2 rounds and bump it up on maps that doesn't work on (plr? koth? cp symmetric?).

Mapchooser Extended has an option to start a vote when there's a specific number of rounds remaining, which can be set to 1.

I may just set the server to not have any time limits and set the default for maps to 2 rounds and bump it up on maps that doesn't work on (plr? koth? cp symmetric?).

Mapchooser Extended has an option to start a vote when there's a specific number of rounds remaining, which can be set to 1.

I'm not sure how PLR counts its rounds. On the one hand it only increments the score at the end of the final stage. On the other, it will trigger a mapchange between stages if the time is low enough. (Although if we're switching to purely number of rounds it becomes a moot point. Also I think the mapchange thing is set by the mapmaker himself, i.e. not intrinsic to the game mode.)

Setting the vote to start at 1 round remaining sounds like a lovely idea.

EDIT: To cover the gap between future map releases and whipping up a proper config for them, I don't suppose there's any support for a default config? As in, "mapname.cfg not found, defaulting to default.cfg"? Or otherwise making sure the server doesn't go WHARGARBL when a map comes up that's not found in its config listing.

One hour until Medieval Madness time! In retrospect, it's going to be on the normal RED server with a cvar or two changed rather than on the Event version.

EDIT: To cover the gap between future map releases and whipping up a proper config for them, I don't suppose there's any support for a default config? As in, "mapname.cfg not found, defaulting to default.cfg"? Or otherwise making sure the server doesn't go WHARGARBL when a map comes up that's not found in its config listing.

Note: I didn't see your edit before, because I read the post before you made it.

The main server config is the backup for the map config. However, I've noticed that there are a few interesting quirks to this: Certain cvars, when changed via votes, will override the server's configuration. We've seen this on BLU lately with the crits votes.

Argh, I'm going to be making pizza when the event starts. Yes, making pizza. by hand. with flour and yeast and all that good stuff. Too bad my roommate Paul (you may know him as Pavlvs) forgot to get pepperoni last time he was at Sam's Club, but oh well, I can make do.

Don't end the event too early guys :)

Well, it seemed to go pretty well. People are still playing almost four hours later.

They seemed to still be having fun, so I left it running on RED.

Also, I installed a new TF2 mod... this one tells you which 3 people of the losing team would have made the MVP list had they won. It also shows the MVP list following a friendly-fire part of the game (like we have during waiting for players).

P.S. Another new promo hat coming in TF2. Expect the potato hat to appear in the game around the 5th as the Potato Sack Indie game promotion ends.

Yeah, last night was a blast. Medieval works surprisingly well for some of the game modes, though the Huntspam was absolutely murdering me. One of these days I'll figure out why I suck so much at melee.

And oh hey, Paranoid disguised as me after that ridiculous Heavy balcony stab. At least I wasn't a victim. :P

Medieval mode was fun. I wouldn't want to do it all the time, but I'd be up for making it a regular (once a month?) event.

Rocking the huntsman was awesome. I was in the top three scorers for pretty much the entire time I was there, except for a few maps where there wasn't enough room to operate safely and demoknights kept slaughtering me. Still, good times.

I also like the "see the MVPs from the losing team" mod. +1 would use again.

You'll love this:

We've released a mandatory TF2 update. The note for the update is below.

-Eric

-----------------

Team Fortress 2

- [ restricted ]

Yes, the patch notes are restricted...

However, the files it adds are related to a new hat named "Hardhat" available for all classes.

It's likely the new promo hat from the Potato Indie bundle.

Servers have been updated and restarted.

Last night was pretty fun; we had an impromptu single-class only for several maps. More events would be interesting, I think. OCR Karaoke night comes to mind.

As someone said, the Spy-only round was probably the quietest that TF2 has ever been. :D

Well it is the 200th update. Probably adding 9 new classes or something ridic like that.

Yes, but when you update a server, it tells you what files got updated... and other than hats, it was just steam.inf (changes every required update) and gameinfo.txt (changes every time there's a new item).

Yes, but when you update a server, it tells you what files got updated... and other than hats, it was just steam.inf (changes every required update) and gameinfo.txt (changes every time there's a new item).

The Tinfoil Hat Squad noted that the .ain files for bot navigation have been updated for the original six maps - 2Fort, Dustbowl, Gravelpit, Granary, Well, and Hydro. Thus the prevailing theory is that bots have something to do with whatever shenanigans Valve is pulling.

Honestly, I'm expecting something big. Between pl_barnyardblitz, Meet the Medic, and rumors that Valve's had a major update ready to go for a while now before they went on a collective vacation, plus Portal 2 around the corner, it seems they want to hype something up. (Other than Portal 2 itself, they're doing a fine job of that already.)

The Tinfoil Hat Squad noted that the .ain files for bot navigation have been updated for the original six maps - 2Fort, Dustbowl, Gravelpit, Granary, Well, and Hydro. Thus the prevailing theory is that bots have something to do with whatever shenanigans Valve is pulling.

Honestly, I'm expecting something big. Between pl_barnyardblitz, Meet the Medic, and rumors that Valve's had a major update ready to go for a while now before they went on a collective vacation, plus Portal 2 around the corner, it seems they want to hype something up. (Other than Portal 2 itself, they're doing a fine job of that already.)

Medic: Portal Gun Get?

8-O Wait wait wait wait wait... spy only round? And I wasn't there? Dangit!

Me neither... went to bed eearly yesterday cause I wasn't feeling that great.

Speaking of Valve things, apparently all of the games in the Potato Indie pack have secrets in them... glyphs of some sort.