OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

I know someone mentioned Double Drop Rate week already, but this needs to be said:

Consider not crafting anything. As I recall, the last double drop rate week happened right before the Polycount update, which meant you needed a lot of various weapons to craft the new items.

In other words, expect a major update a week from today (TF2 major updates are always on Thursdays).

I was browsing through the Saxxy finalists (voted for the OCR guys of course), but I think I really should have submitted something.

Some of these are really damn good, but others, not so much. Especially for finals.

Oh well, there's always next year.

Anyone know what sort of prizes or hats or whatever are given to finalists or winners (if any)?

It has a surprise ending (not Sir Prize, though).

Anyone know what sort of prizes or hats or whatever are given to finalists or winners (if any)?

From what I heard, the Saxxy statue is a melee weapon useable by any class. But that's just hearsay, so I can't give any definite answers. It'd definitely replace my wrench on Engy when I'm not using the Gunslinger... infuse that sentry with 100% Hale goodness.

... I wonder if you could use it as a Spy knife effectively.

To anyone active in the trading scene, why are Refined metals seemingly valued so much higher than run of the mill hats? It only takes two hats to craft a new hat but it takes three Refined to craft a new hat.

Also, turns out my vintage Fan 'o' War is way more valuable than I was expecting.

TF2 update in the Steam News section. Surprised Powerlord hasn't posted it yet. (Watch him ninja me anyway.) (nope.avi)

• Added the Red Faction promo item
    • The Maul

[*]Added upcoming promo items for Magic: The Gathering

[*]Added additional community submitted response rules

[*]Doubled the item drop rate for the next week

[*]Updated the Conjurer's Cowl to be paintable

[*]Updated the webapi output to include the names of the drop_type and holiday_restriction fields

[*]Updated the localization files

Seriously? Magic promos?

TF2 update in the Steam News section. Surprised Powerlord hasn't posted it yet. (Watch him ninja me anyway.) (nope.avi)

I was at work late tonight, then stopped to get some food on my way home.

I'll start updating servers soon.

Edit: For reference, the MTG items are for Scout and Medic. There's also an all-class item whose filename is "darken" so i have no idea what that is.

Edit 2: BLU and RED are updated and restarted.

• Added the Red Faction promo item
    • The Maul

[*]Added upcoming promo items for Magic: The Gathering

[*]Added additional community submitted response rules

[*]Doubled the item drop rate for the next week

[*]Updated the Conjurer's Cowl to be paintable

[*]Updated the webapi output to include the names of the drop_type and holiday_restriction fields

[*]Updated the localization files

Seriously? Magic promos?

The Maul is a reskin for the Homewrecker, and the promo items for Magic seem to be a tusk hat thing for Medic and goggles for Scout. Both don't have their full names loaded in yet and are just referred to as "The". It's quite amusing.

The second update earlier gave names to the MTG items:

Medic hat:

Planeswalker Helm

If anyone asks, tell them the tusks qualify you for veterinary work.

Scout hat:

Planeswalker Goggles

No more bugs in your eyes as you blaze across the map.

Man, double drop week is certainly working out for me. I played for a few hours (three or four?) tonight and got: two fan o wars, a flipped trilby, a huntsman, a loch-n-load, an eyelander, and a dalokohs bar. Of course, the only one of those that was actually new for me was the fan o war(s), but more metal for crafting is always good. I also got about a half dozen achievements, including marathoning Attention Getter (light 100 people on fire with the flare gun) by spamming flares at everyone I could see. Went from zero progress to achieved in about three maps. I also got medic milestone 3 and got an ubersaw for it, though I already have a vintage one.

So, good TF2 night for me.

That's a great idea. I never really understood why certain weapons don't taunt, especially when there's an easy analogue with another taunt in the same weapons slot.

Yeah. Well anyway, I have a second version that's up and going now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s6d6PoCFHU

It's a pretty steady version--but the problem is...I need some communities and servers to test it. I don't know if you guys would be up for that or not.

Woo, crafted a Sticky Jumper via tokens last night. Does crafting via tokens produce a weapon in that category that you don't already have (if you're missing any), or did I just manage to get lucky on my first try?

Woo, crafted a Sticky Jumper via tokens last night. Does crafting via tokens produce a weapon in that category that you don't already have (if you're missing any), or did I just manage to get lucky on my first try?

You managed to get lucky.

I managed to get lucky on my first try crafting a Fishcake.

In other news, I'm disabling the fast download server stuff for a bit: VGMusic.com's main webserver is down for unknown reasons, although given their responses to us, it sounds like an issue with their network or datacenter.

Stat tracking and SourceBans are also down due to it.