OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

Reminder: The Saxxy Awards presentation starts in 30 minutes.

On a completely unrelated note, "We have a mandatory TF2 update coming later today. This is just a heads-up that it's coming." -- Eric Smith, Valve Software

GEE! I wonder what that could be!

It's probably a new batch of items or something.

Or more likely the Saxxy award melee weapon.

Also, sorry to say, GameMaster didn't win the Best Revenge category. :/

Winner for the Best Coordinated Combat category hasn't yet been announced, so Sir Prize still has a chance.

We've released a mandatory update for TF2. The notes are below.

-Eric

---------------------

Team Fortress 2

- Added the Saxxy

- Updated the kill icons

- Updated the vote system

---- Added a convar to prevent voting on the next level if one has already been set (sv_vote_issue_nextlevel_prevent_change)

---- Fixed scrambleteams resetting how many rounds have been played

-------- Updated mp_scrambleteams to support a parameter of 2, which prevents resetting the number of rounds that have been played

---- Fixed the server automatically creating votes while in training or using itemtest

I've just started the server updater.

Or more likely the Saxxy award melee weapon.

Also, sorry to say, GameMaster didn't win the Best Revenge category. :/

Winner for the Best Coordinated Combat category hasn't yet been announced, so Sir Prize still has a chance.

Unfortunately not, but yeah, Sir Prize's and my video have a chance still.

As of today's updates, birds have started appearing in various maps (dustbowl and badlands at least). No idea what significance they have.

Angry Birds coming to steam?

Also, I gotta say, Ballerina Spy was ROBBED.

Edit: AW fuck, Prize didn't win either. D:

I just found out to get the Youtube achievements, you have to actually access the video through Replays in TF2.

Granted, if I can get video conversion working again, I'll likely upload my 15-backstabs in one life on Degroot Keep video.

I'm not sure what you mean. Could you word that differently?

When you upload a video to youtube via TF2, the TF2 client tracks it. But it only updates the tracking information when you click "replays" in the menu. Thus it won't know to award the 100/1000/etc. achievements until you access the replays menu and possibly the uploaded video in question.

When you upload a video to youtube via TF2, the TF2 client tracks it. But it only updates the tracking information when you click "replays" in the menu. Thus it won't know to award the 100/1000/etc. achievements until you access the replays menu and possibly the uploaded video in question.

That's kind of silly.

I dunno. If a central server had to track that many youtube videos, I don't think even Valve could handle it.

Plus there may be a limit to the number of API calls youtube will accept from a single ip or set of ip addresses in a given timeframe.

I dunno. If a central server had to track that many youtube videos, I don't think even Valve could handle it.

Plus there may be a limit to the number of API calls youtube will accept from a single ip or set of ip addresses in a given timeframe.

I'll be giving this a try in a couple of weeks, once the kids are out of the school, i can use some tools to control about 300-400 at a time, get them to launch a url, and see what happens. See how it tracks it, and how long it takes for it to make it back to the valve servers.

I'll be giving this a try in a couple of weeks, once the kids are out of the school, i can use some tools to control about 300-400 at a time, get them to launch a url, and see what happens. See how it tracks it, and how long it takes for it to make it back to the valve servers.

I look forward to the results. :nicework:

So, I've been messing with some scripts, and I can't get them quite right. I'm trying to get two things: a one-button-press that drops a sentry and then switches back to the last equipped weapon, and a one-button-press that attacks with melee until you let go of the button and then switches back to the last equipped weapon.

Here's what I got.

Sentry:

alias +melee "slot3; +attack;"
alias -melee "-attack; lastinv;"
bind mouse4 +melee

This actually works pretty well, but it fires whatever weapon you have equipped when you first click (before it switches to the PDA), which isn't ideal for ninjaneering.

Melee:

alias +fastbuildsentry "destroy 2 0;build 2 0;+attack;"
alias -fastbuildsentry "-attack;lastinv;"
bind "mouse3" +fastbuildsentry

This switches to melee when you click and back when you release, but doesn't attack while you're holding the button. It does attack if you click mouse1, and keeps going until you release mouse4. I want it to start attacking when I hit mouse4, instead of having to hit mouse1 to start it up.

Anyone know how to get it to do what I want?

Speaking of commands, has anyone else been getting a new form of lag where the game just repeats whatever you were last doing for a few seconds?

I first noticed it a few days ago... At first I thought it was just my left/right keys not responding, but lately I've also had it happening when shooting my Ambassador (since most of the time I take single shots with it... and I'll suddenly shoot 2 more times after I let go of the button).

I wasn't planning on getting a new desktop until February 2012, but if this issue persists, I may move that timetable up.

My brother was on BLU for a bit last night, but he had to cut out after a little while because he said he was experiencing some massive lag. I'll have to ask him if it was something similar to what you're describing.