OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

Personally, the script I use for a quicksentry is

bind F11 "destroy 2 0; wait 10; build 2 0"

Blows up your sentry, then preps another for placement. Won't actually place until you click, which I find is good for more precision placement. Also only works on servers which allow the wait command (good thing OCR does).

Oh, also

bind F11 "+attack;wait 6;lastinv"

for the spy knife. It replays the draw animation every time you stab someone. Increases the cooldown slightly, but I just can't stop.

That quicksentry script is amazing for Gunslinger Engies. Bind that thing to a very accessible key and you can drop sentries on a dime, it's sick.

I'm trying to comprehend how your spy knife script thing works...

Speaking of bindings, I have my weapons bound to mousewheelup (primary), mousewheel down (secondary), and R (melee). F calls out spy, middle click calls out incoming, mouse4 (or 5... it's a button on the side) calls out thanks.

More interesting is that this frees up number keys so I have 1-4 mapped as my common disguises as spy, and as the four devices as engie. 5 brings up the disguise kit and destroy PDA.

And just to make it more wacky, I turn off autoreload when spy because of the revolver taking up half the screen when reloading, and mapping reload to Shift. (autoreload is on for all other classes)

I'm weird. :tomatoface:

We've released a mandatory update for TF2. The notes are below.

Team Fortress 2

- Fixed a problem related to spawning multiple entities unnecessarily between mini-rounds

- Fixed a bug that caused players to see the wrong backpacks on some classes

- Fixed a problem with honorbound weapons not allowing themselves to be holstered after killing a Spy using the Dead Ringer

- Fixed the Ubersaw and the Vita-Saw not displaying the Medic's ÜberCharge progress

Updating servers now. RED has been restarted. BLU will restart on map change.

I've heard that today's update is much larger than the patch notes suggest it should be. I'll watch what files are updated on the server and report back.

Update:

New hat data found. Model name: hardhat_tower, all-class hat.

Update 2:

Name: Lo-Fi Longwave

Description: Can't stop the signal.

Classes: All

Update 3:

It has a radio tower on the top and the Kritzkast logo on the front.

Updating servers now. RED has been restarted. BLU will restart on map change.

I've heard that today's update is much larger than the patch notes suggest it should be. I'll watch what files are updated on the server and report back.

Update:

New hat data found. Model name: hardhat_tower, all-class hat.

Update 2:

Name: Lo-Fi Longwave

Description: Can't stop the signal.

Classes: All

Sweet, they fixed a DR bug. Now they just need to do it for the Holy Mackerel, Candy Cane, Powerjack, KGB, Frontier Justice, YER, and the Kunai. And I think I forgot a few.

Lo-Fi Longwave doesn't sound remotely like a hat, but w/e I guess. (EDIT: Apparently it's a Kritzkast promo.)

I'm doing my first complete reinstall of Steam on this computer since I installed Windows 7.

I made sure to save the TF2 replay directory first, but all my other Steam stuff has been wiped.

I'm hoping this will fix the replay error at least, and possibly more.

FYI: Deleting all my Steam stuff freed up over 100GB, so I think there may have been a lot of garbage files lying around... I had nowhere near 100GB of games installed there.

I'm doing my first complete reinstall of Steam on this computer since I installed Windows 7.

I made sure to save the TF2 replay directory first, but all my other Steam stuff has been wiped.

I'm hoping this will fix the replay error at least, and possibly more.

FYI: Deleting all my Steam stuff freed up over 100GB, so I think there may have been a lot of garbage files lying around... I had nowhere near 100GB of games installed there.

I've had similar space issues before. I use a program called SequoiaView that visually renders file sizes as blocks based on folder and individual files, lets you know what exactly is taking up the most space in a given folder. It's pretty handy.

I've had similar space issues before. I use a program called SequoiaView that visually renders file sizes as blocks based on folder and individual files, lets you know what exactly is taking up the most space in a given folder. It's pretty handy.

I actually use sequoiaview on my server at work to check out what the kids are doing.

it's a neat program.

That quicksentry script is amazing for Gunslinger Engies.

That's mostly what I want to use it for. It works pretty well as-is, it's just that the errant shotgun blast annoys my OCD. Even the melee thing works well enough, I was just wondering if anyone knew how to get it truly one-click.

I think I figured out my "action repeating" problem: The USB port my mouse was connected to is apparently dying. So, fancy things like turning or letting go of the mouse button wasn't always registering.

I reconnected the mouse to a different one.

Having said that, I have 4 USB devices plugged into my 4 rear USB ports, so either one of them gets the buggy one, or I have to move something to a front USB port.

Note: This still doesn't affect my "ISP dropping my upstream connection for a few seconds" or my "TF2 won't render replay vids without crashing" issues.

I think I figured out my "action repeating" problem: The USB port my mouse was connected to is apparently dying. So, fancy things like turning or letting go of the mouse button wasn't always registering.

I reconnected the mouse to a different one.

Having said that, I have 4 USB devices plugged into my 4 rear USB ports, so either one of them gets the buggy one, or I have to move something to a front USB port.

Note: This still doesn't affect my "ISP dropping my upstream connection for a few seconds" or my "TF2 won't render replay vids without crashing" issues.

Regarding the rendering issue, perhaps you have a messed up quicktime/lite/etc installation?

And of course, there's like nobody on to "test" the fix with.

Sorry, I was still having computer problems last night, so after I realized I'd had it on for like 2 days straight, I shut it off to see if letting cool off for a bit fixed the problem.

I see a new computer in my future, ahead of my planned February-April 2012 time window.

Sadly, I must concur.

I assume the problem is still happening then?

I wish there were some way to fix this. Sadly, it looks like the problem isn't the server configuration as much as it is that FireSlash moved TF2Stats to this box, and it runs a lot of stats gathering crap.

I could start up a test server on my other server, but the owner of that box runs the Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing, meaning that all 4 cores are operating at 100% usage all the time. I know this interferes with L4D2, but L4D2 servers also do some startup frequency checking (which may be affected by 100% usage).

P.S. Restarted BLU with replays on.