OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

a silent minigun that revs up faster

I fucking hate valve.

Spinup is silent, shooting presumably isn't.

I'm surprised Valve made a new revolver that makes you take longer to cloak. It's a straight upgrade for the Revolver for Dead Ringer spies, as the DR is unaffected by that.

Dead Ringer revolver spy is a common play style isn't it? Maybe that's what they intended it for.

I tend to use the DR with L'Etranger or Ambassador. However, given that I tend to miss the head with the Ambassador, I'd likely swap to using the Enforcer with it instead.

Yeah, I was warning everyone who was listening to hold on to one of each weapon because the only other time Valve has done double drop rate is when there are a lot of things required for crafting.

Specifically, they did double drop rate during the Golden Wrench thing.

I did save quite a bit, but I finally crafted some of it into metal the other night, since I was in the middle of rearranging my backpack, and things were getting cluttered. Silly me, I saved all the Medic stuff because I thought that's all we'd be getting. :D

I tend to use the DR with L'Etranger or Ambassador. However, given that I tend to miss the head with the Ambassador, I'd likely swap to using the Enforcer with it instead.

I meant using the primary firearm in general was a more common sight with Dead Ringer.

I did save quite a bit, but I finally crafted some of it into metal the other night, since I was in the middle of rearranging my backpack, and things were getting cluttered. Silly me, I saved all the Medic stuff because I thought that's all we'd be getting. :D

Pssh, you should watch the TF2 Beta stuff.

Actually, I don't recall seeing Spy or Heavy stuff in the TF2 Beta, so today's new equipment is kind of a surprise.

The ones currently in testing are Soldier (6), Sniper (1), Medic (3), and Pyro (1).

Edit: Wait, my bad, I actually meant the translation stuff that was leaked a few weeks ago.

Yeah, I was warning everyone who was listening to hold on to one of each weapon because the only other time Valve has done double drop rate is when there are a lot of things required for crafting.

Specifically, they did double drop rate during the Golden Wrench thing.

I listened, and you were right, so thanks for the warning. :grin:

Re: TF2 going F2P

Re: SHOULD'VE SAVED THEM ITEMS

Meh, you're probably gonna need metal anyway...

Yeah, I was thinking that too...though I just traded two Refined for a hat, so I guess I screwed the pooch there too. :P Anyway, we aren't guaranteed to get unique recipes for all of the new items right away, and most people will probably be willing to trade duplicate copies once everything starts dropping.

Day 2, Timbuk Tuesday has been posted, with a host of new items for Sniper and Demoman. I'll post the stats shortly.

Sniper

Name: The Bazaar Bargain

Slot: Primary

Type: Sniper Rifle

Each consecutive headshot gives +10 charge per second

A body shot reduces the bonus

A missed shot clears the bonus

Name: The Shahanshah

Slot: Melee

Type: Sword

+25% increase in damage when health is less than 50% of max

-25% decrease in damage when health is more than 50% of max

Demoman

Name: The Splendid Screen

Slot: Primary (Secondary)

Type: Shield

+25% fire resistance on wearer

+20% explosive damage resistance on wearer

Can deal charge impact damage at any range

+70% increase in charge impact damage

Name: The Persian Persuader

Slot: Melee

Type: Sword

+100% increase in charge recharge rate

All ammo collected becomes health

Ali Baba's Wee Booties

Slot: Secondary (Primary)

Type: Shoes

+25% max health on wearer

+100% turning control while charging

So, yes, it is now possible to have a Demoman with no explosives.

Also, where's the Sniper's third item...?

So the Demo's items are basically "let's give him only buffs and make him ridiculous in melee range". Great.

Not really, the shoes take away the Grenade Launcher, the shield takes away the Sticky Launcher, and the ammo thing can hurt if you have anything but a shield equipped as you can no longer gain ammo from ammo boxes.

Not really, the shoes take away the Grenade Launcher, the shield takes away the Sticky Launcher, and the ammo thing can hurt if you have anything but a shield equipped as you can no longer gain ammo from ammo boxes.

But if you've got sword, shield, and boots, why do i need ammo?

Taking away all ranged weapons is itself a downside, in case you hadn't noticed. DarkChocobo said it gave him only buffs and this clearly isn't the case.

True, but he'll also be able to charge a lot more, and cover more ground, as well as being flame and rocket resistant. Must be job for boolet then.

I also think the name of the demo's update is pretty true. 1001 demoknights, indeed.

True, but he'll also be able to charge a lot more, and cover more ground, as well as being flame and rocket resistant. Must be job for boolet then.

I also think the name of the demo's update is pretty true. 1001 demoknights, indeed.

To be honest, those two items are more overpowered with the Targe... the Targe has higher resistances and even with a 70% charge damage boost, the charge damage is still less than melee crits.