OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

I've made a slight change to the server today:

pl_barnblitz will now last 120 minutes.

This is so I don't have to keep extending the map time when we inevitably play it today.

I was thinking about replacing OCR RED with OCR EVENT set up to play Barn Blitz 24/7 for the next day or two, as well... but I'm not so sure that's a good idea.

We're preparing to release a mandatory Team Fortress 2 update this afternoon. This update includes a new matchmaking system for clients. To learn how you can use this to drive traffic to your server(s) follow this link:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2825-AFGJ-3513

So, I guess if we want BLU listed in this system, we have to both reenable crits and damage spread, and disable the Pre-game Mayhem plugin.

The question now is: should we?

The Engineer thing is much simpler: we haven't gotten any submissions that have passed our tech review and that have been at the bar we want to ship. Engineer is the class with the least community submissions. We haven't had a chance to make original art for the Engy recently.

Encourage your friends to make high quality, good perf Engineer items and submit them.

The lack of Engineer items isn't about game design. It's about resources.

The Demoknight's received a lot of attention because people keep making really good Demoknight items. We have our eyes on several quality Demo items that aren't melee oriented for future updates.

So there you go.

So, I guess if we want BLU listed in this system, we have to both reenable crits and damage spread, and disable the Pre-game Mayhem plugin.

I love how Hydro is one of the maps excluded from the "Run one of these maps" list. And at the same time it makes me really sad, since I believe the TC mode has potential. Meh.

I couldn't care less about pregame mayhem or damage spread (I assume that means damage variance, not waffleshots), but nocrit is nice to have IMO. Stops me dying to bullshit crit rocket jumps. (3 times and counting...)

People will still be able to find servers the old-fashioned way, right? If so, I don't really see the benefit of being forced to get rid of certain features just for the sake of being a part of a goofy matchmaking system.

People will still be able to find servers the old-fashioned way, right? If so, I don't really see the benefit of being forced to get rid of certain features just for the sake of being a part of a goofy matchmaking system.

Yes, but it also means the majority of our traffic will happen on RED instead because that server WILL appear in QuickPlay (once Pregame Mayhem ends).

At least my understanding is that Pregame Mayhem will cause it to temporarily not be listed.

Day 4 is posted with a new Medic set:

The Clinical Trial

Name: The Quick Fix

Slot: Secondary

Type: Medigun Prototype

Ubercharge increases healing by 300% and grants immunity to movement impairing effects

+40% heal rate

+25% Ubercharge rate

Move at the speed of any faster heal target

Can't Overheal

Name: The Solemn Vow

Slot: Melee?

Type: Bust of Hippocrates

Allows the wielder to see enemy health

Name: The Overdose

Slot: Primary

Type: Syringe Gun

Movement speed bonus based on Ubercharge percentage - to a maximum of +10%

-10% damage

Currently no hidden links, but the dove on the right looks suspicious.

I worry that the 'quickplay' system will bring a lot of undesirables to the server, you know the type, hard core halo fans, and not having it listed might be the better option.

It looks like the update is being pushed out. I'm trying to update the servers, but I keep getting "Command aborted" from the Steam servers.

Edit: Yup, this is appearing in the server console:

MasterRequestRestart

Your server will be restarted on map change

Just putting it out there, I'm going to be looking for the Scout and Demoman items. If anyone wants to work out some trades I'm all up for it. I'm willing to trade any Soldier/Medic/Heavy/Sniper items and all the Spy items except the new revolver.

Also I agree with not listing the servers for awhile. Give it a month.

I worry that the 'quickplay' system will bring a lot of undesirables to the server, you know the type, hard core halo fans, and not having it listed might be the better option.

Are you kidding, those are the most satisfying to own. :<

It looks like the update is being pushed out. I'm trying to update the servers, but I keep getting "Command aborted" from the Steam servers.

Edit: Yup, this is appearing in the server console:

MasterRequestRestart

Your server will be restarted on map change

I keep trying to launch TF2 but the game's unavailable. Probably too many people trying to play at once.