OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

Speaking of videos. Once I got my hands on the Disciplinary Action... I had a plan. A dumb plan, but a plan nonetheless. And this was it:

Thanks to everyone who participated in this, including our own Jolly Sniper-then-Engineer.

Required updates for Team Fortress 2 are now available. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive the updates. The specific changes include:

- Fixed a case where CritBoost effects were being removed from players being healed.

- Fixed a problem with Arena mode first blood CritBoost not removing itself at the correct time.

- Fixed a bug where Demomen kept their leftover charge amount when self-aborting charges (you'll still keep leftovers when stopped by enemy airblasts)

- Fixed the problem that was causing Strange Demoman shields to not accumulate kills.

- Fixed a bug where the Reserve Shooter would minicrit against swimming targets.

- Tomislav spin-up reduction has been reduced from 75% to %40 (so it now spins-up slower)

- Made the Jumper's Jeepcap and Pocket Medic craft-able.

- Updated the bot navigation files for several maps.

- Added an entry for "Call Vote" to the Options->Keyboard Settings, so you can bind a key to it.

- Updated the gamehaptics file:

- Added/Refined recoil/draw/crit/reload forces for all of the new weapons in the Uber Update.

- Refined all Rocket Launcher Forces recoil forces to feel more true to recoil animation.

- Tuned Brass Beast recoil to have less of an impact on your aiming reticle.

Valve's updating later than usual tonight.

Servers are updating as we speak.

- Added/Refined recoil/draw/crit/reload forces for all of the new weapons in the Uber Update.

- Refined all Rocket Launcher Forces recoil forces to feel more true to recoil animation.

- Tuned Brass Beast recoil to have less of an impact on your aiming reticle.

I'm confused as to what these are addressing.

There are some new texture files in todays update that have some interesting filenames:

94.88% downloading ./event/orangebox/tf/materials/backpack/player/items/crafting/crate_summer.vmt

94.88% downloading ./event/orangebox/tf/materials/backpack/player/items/crafting/crate_summer_large.vmt

94.89% downloading ./event/orangebox/tf/materials/models/weapons/c_items/c_proto_backpack_blue.vmt

94.89% downloading ./event/orangebox/tf/materials/models/weapons/c_items/c_proto_backpack_red.vmt

No idea what the summer crate and backpacks are for.

In theory, they could be related to the Steam Summer Sale, which is likely to start Thursday or this weekend.

Oh goody, MORE CRATES.

I started junking them instantly ages ago.

Well, Winter Crates were crates that had a much higher chance then normal to drop hats... and they gave everyone a free holiday crate key.

However, I wouldn't put it past Valve to have a sale for new players to buy starter packs for every class.

Well, Winter Crates were crates that had a much higher chance then normal to drop hats... and they gave everyone a free holiday crate key.

However, I wouldn't put it past Valve to have a sale for new players to buy starter packs for every class.

Which of course happened over a period of time where the only computer I had access to couldn't run TF2 beyond 10 FPS, so I missed out on the whole thing. </bitter>

There are already starter weapon packs in the Mann Co. store btw. 2-3 weapons and a hat for each class.

There are already starter weapon packs in the Mann Co. store btw. 2-3 weapons and a hat for each class.

I'm aware of that, which is why I wouldn't put it past Valve to have a sale on them. I'm not sure where you got the impression that I didn't know about them.

Personally, I think they're a waste, as the weapons in them tend to be the achievement unlocks.

I'm aware of that, which is why I wouldn't put it past Valve to have a sale on them. I'm not sure where you got the impression that I didn't know about them.

Personally, I think they're a waste, as the weapons in them tend to be the achievement unlocks.

Your wording made it sound like you expected them to push them out along with the Steam sale or somesuch.

TF2 feels really fresh with all the new folks. Nobody spychecks!

Playing Spy on OCR (or any all-talk/dead-talk server) is really much harder, because as soon as people get stabbed they yell out "SPY IS ME" and then they spec the spy and give the play by play. So annoying.

I don't usually spec the spy, lol. Everyone should call it when they're stabbed though, that's just good practice.

TF2 feels really fresh with all the new folks. Nobody spychecks!

Playing Spy on OCR (or any all-talk/dead-talk server) is really much harder, because as soon as people get stabbed they yell out "SPY IS ME" and then they spec the spy and give the play by play. So annoying.

While dead, you can only spec your own teammates or fixed cameras (usually over control points)... unless you switch to Spectator.

On an unrelated point, now that RED is on the QuickPlay system, it has a lot of players during the daytime hours in which the server used to be dead.

BLU is unaffected, as it's not listed on QuickPlay.