OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

With the new F2P stuff going on a lot of people over at the mega64ums have started playing. So far we've been meeting up a bit on the OCR servers since that's where Brushfire and I always are anyways, but I just realized we never really asked for permission. Is it okay if I schedule events in our group to come to the server(s)?

There's probably never going to be more than about 7 of us tops, but I realized we never actually asked for any official word.

With the new F2P stuff going on a lot of people over at the mega64ums have started playing. So far we've been meeting up a bit on the OCR servers since that's where Brushfire and I always are anyways, but I just realized we never really asked for permission. Is it okay if I schedule events in our group to come to the server(s)?

There's probably never going to be more than about 7 of us tops, but I realized we never actually asked for any official word.

As long as you guys are following the rules and not being dicks, it's fine. OCR servers are there for people to play on.

I find it rage inducing when LAG

when are we switching to a new host already (or is that even happening?)

FireSlash only mentioned he was looking into it a few days ago, so... I'll interrogate him about it when I see him on.

Also, expect a TF2 update today to add the new Summer Glasses item from the Summer Sale prize booth to the game.

Yeah, I mean, what the fuck? I don't even know what most of these games -are-, little lone want prizes for them.

It's pretty sad that a TF2 Misc item or Portal 2 hat are the best items on there.

Alien Breed 2 is an entire game, but I hate starting a series in the middle like that.

Here's hoping Portal 2 goes to some insanely low price for an hour at some point.

and I'm awake to see it.

and I buy it.

and I die.

Right now, Valve Complete pack's $16.50 or so more than Portal 2.

However, I wouldn't be surprised to see Portal 2 on a daily sale. Or get new achievements.

I know that it sounds silly, but do you guys know of how to have the gibs that show random stuff like rubber duckies, springs, or a boot, instead of the blood and body parts? I kinda like the idea of those silly things popping up.

And also, how do I get in on the OC servers? I'd like to play along with you guys.

Sorry I'm such a noob to PC gaming and multi-player on them...

I know that it sounds silly, but do you guys know of how to have the gibs that show random stuff like rubber duckies, springs, or a boot, instead of the blood and body parts? I kinda like the idea of those silly things popping up.

And also, how do I get in on the OC servers? I'd like to play along with you guys.

That is the cvar tf_birthday! It will be on for my upcoming Birthday.

The Steam Client has a Servers list... right-click the Steam icon and choose Servers.

Click the Favorites tab.

Click "Add a server" and enter blu.ocrtf2.com, then click "Add this address to favorites."

Repeat this for red.ocrtf2.com.

Then you can see the server populations of both servers on the Favorites tab. Click Refresh if it's been a while since you started Steam to show the updated player counts and current server maps/ping times.

That is the cvar tf_birthday! It will be on for my upcoming Birthday.

Actually Brush, i beleive this person wants the -silly launch option, as opposed to the well deserved birthday mode for your birthday.

The Steam Client has a Servers list... right-click the Steam icon and choose Servers.

Click the Favorites tab.

Click "Add a server" and enter blu.ocrtf2.com, then click "Add this address to favorites."

Repeat this for red.ocrtf2.com.

Thanks alot! I'll be sure to try a match or two when I get off from work today.

And no idea on putting in silly gibs? Or is that something relegated to servers?

Thanks alot! I'll be sure to try a match or two when I get off from work today.

And no idea on putting in silly gibs? Or is that something relegated to servers?

As mentioned below - look up the launch options, and add -silly

You'll start getting the gears ........

Yeah, I mean, what the fuck? I don't even know what most of these games -are-, little lone want prizes for them.
Other, similar responses.
I gotta say, this excuse is kind of tired. There are a lot of interesting games and concepts out there on steam (for cheap usually). It's the gaming of equivalent of you should get out more. :<

Plus, Steam's done this for most every major sale anyway. The idea is to introduce people to these interesting games in some way, instead of only offering useless crap for the same old $60 blockbuster drivel like everyone else does. I applaud them for it.

But seriously, read about these games. Check them out, watch youtube LPs or whatnot, see if they interest you. Hell, most probably have demos.

New update today, with a bunch of summer stuff. The key for opening Summer Cooler crates was added to the store, too. There's also a new achievement that gives you a ticket for the Summer Camp game.

And man, where did this come from? Not quite Teddy Roosebelt, but still awesome.

New update today, with a bunch of summer stuff. The key for opening Summer Cooler crates was added to the store, too. There's also a new achievement that gives you a ticket for the Summer Camp game.

Speaking of which, here are the update notes. I couldn't post them earlier because I was at work.

Required updates for Team Fortress 2 are now available. The specific changes include:

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)

- Fixed a case where servers would accumulate ghost players

- Fixed bug with SourceTV and Replay causing player count to be off by one.

Team Fortress 2

- Added lots of new Summer items, including the Refreshing Summer Cooler Key

- Added a new achievement: Escape the Heat

- Fixed a case where the client-side voting dialog would have an incorrect list of items

- Fixed a bug where some items would not update their team colors correctly

- Fixed a client backpack crash

- Updated the Lo-Fi Longwave to be paintable

- Updated the localization files

However, even though I was at work, my information network informed me that this update had happened, and I remotely updated the servers. That was roughly 4 hours ago.

P.S. "Fixed bug with SourceTV and Replay causing player count to be off by one." is blatantly wrong and I had to reset sv_maxvisibleplayers shortly after restarting the servers so it'd stop saying 22/25 players when there were 22 players + replay bot on.

Another TF2 update has been pushed, starting the server updater now.

An optional update for Team Fortress 2 is now available on Steam. The specific changes include:

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)

- Fixed a Mac client crash in vphysics

Team Fortress 2

- Fixed an exploit with the Heavy's Buffalo Steak Sandvich

- Fixed the Summer Shades hiding the hat/headphones body group