OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

I applied the optional update and restarted BLU... it now crashes on map change even with server addons disabled.

Do not, I mean DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES restart RED server (this means you, FireSlash).

Right now, SourceMod is running on RED, but all plugins unloaded because it changed maps while I was fixing BLU (which involved renaming the addons directory). All plugins should reload on next map change.

I forgot to mention earlier, I got BLU back up and running by copying an earlier version of vphysics.so from the event server, which I updated about an hour before that update.

In other news, I'm going to be testing my TFVotes extension this weekend, along with a modified version of Mapchooser (not Extended).

Unfortunately, I'm fighting with the Linux compiler right now, which is pissing and moaning about things the Windows compiler thinks is perfectly fine.

natives.cpp: In member function "virtual void CTFVoteHandler::OnTFVoteResults(SourceMod::IBaseTFVote*, const SourceMod::tfvote_result_t*)":
natives.cpp:183: error: "err" may be used uninitialized in this function

I forgot to mention earlier, I got BLU back up and running by copying an earlier version of vphysics.so from the event server, which I updated about an hour before that update.

In other news, I'm going to be testing my TFVotes extension this weekend, along with a modified version of Mapchooser (not Extended).

Unfortunately, I'm fighting with the Linux compiler right now, which is pissing and moaning about things the Windows compiler thinks is perfectly fine.

natives.cpp: In member function "virtual void CTFVoteHandler::OnTFVoteResults(SourceMod::IBaseTFVote*, const SourceMod::tfvote_result_t*)":
natives.cpp:183: error: "err" may be used uninitialized in this function

That's Linux for you...

im getting this error saying for me to delete motd_entries.txt to play and thats never happened before

deleted it and im still gettin an error saying for me to delete it

wat

I haven't touched the pure_server_whitelist.txt file in quite some time, so it should allow all the same files.

I've restarted the servers to make sure.

Definitely. I was doing some coaching and even rocket jumping completely confuses some of these new players since they have no idea you can actually do it. And let's not even begin to get into using the Dead Ringer on them...

Still, if you want to defeat a team of these new players, all you really need is one really well-placed Engineer sentry or a Heavy/Medic pair.

ATTENTION ADMINS

All admins need to get their admin passwords updated for source bans as we have had increasingly amounts of the type of hacker that changes his name over and over to escape bannings. Please talk to Fireslash or Powerlord, whichever has the ability to do so.

Still to admins:

On a side note, players are assigned a unique number every time they connect to the server. When you enter the Ban Player menu, it shows you the names and the associated numbers that were in use when the Ban Players menu was opened.

Note the numbers of the two people with identical names, exit the admin menu, and as soon as they change names again (and they likely already have), go into the Ban Players menu again, check which number the "old" nick is using (which will be the real player with that nick), then ban the player with the other number.

Since SourceMod looks up their Steam ID using their user id (the unique number earlier), this will still ban them even if they've changed nicknames.

I'm also going to look into seeing if there's a way to stop this sort of thing. The only problem is it's possible to kick/ban innocent users that just change their nick in Steam a few times in a row.

Note: I may actually end up writing this plugin myself, provided I can figure out what fires when a player changes names.

Note 2: I just realized I meant to debug my TF Votes extension yesterday or today and totally forgot... found out during testing Saturday that it crashes when the vote actually starts.

ATTENTION ADMINS

All admins need to get their admin passwords updated for source bans as we have had increasingly amounts of the type of hacker that changes his name over and over to escape bannings. Please talk to Fireslash or Powerlord, whichever has the ability to do so.

<confusion>

What do players who change their names to escape bans have to do with changing admin passwords on SourceBans?

</confusion>

<confusion>

What do players who change their names to escape bans have to do with changing admin passwords on SourceBans?

</confusion>

to make certain we're up to date there, so that we can quickly enter bans from the web, as opposed to having to launch TF2......

(nope, bark didn't forget his password..... nope, not at all.......)

to make certain we're up to date there, so that we can quickly enter bans from the web, as opposed to having to launch TF2......

(nope, bark didn't forget his password..... nope, not at all.......)

oic

I still know my password, but I don't know how to ban someone from the website yet. Something to research.

oic

I still know my password, but I don't know how to ban someone from the website yet. Something to research.

Click Login near the top.

Once you're logged in, click Bans on the lower of the two menus. Ir should go directly to Add ban.

If you see Submit a Ban instead, you're on the wrong screen.

Anyway, on another topic, I need to do some testing on my Name Change Punisher plugin to see if it generates false positives. I'll be doing that on my test server tonight and may roll it out to the main OCR server if things appear to be working properly.

The Name Change Punisher plugin went live last night.

Right now, it's configured to take action if someone changes their nick 5 times with 10 seconds or less between each change. The action it takes it issuing a 60 minute ban.

SourceBans reports no new bans, so it looks like there have been no false positives yet.

The Name Change Punisher plugin went live last night.

Right now, it's configured to take action if someone changes their nick 5 times with 10 seconds or less between each change. The action it takes it issuing a 60 minute ban.

SourceBans reports no new bans, so it looks like there have been no false positives yet.

It bans by Steam ID right? Not by name alone?