OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

okay the lag is getting worse and worse

I was going to send out money for a reserve slot but I'm going to hold onto that if the servers are going to be borderline unplayable

hmm... I was just on, and there was only a few lag spikes occasionally. It wasn't bad.

okay the lag is getting worse and worse

I was going to send out money for a reserve slot but I'm going to hold onto that if the servers are going to be borderline unplayable

I bug FireSlash about this approximately every other day, but it hasn't helped.

He's said he was looking into moving the server to a new host, but nothing's come of it.

Required updates for Team Fortress 2 are now available. The specific changes include:

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)

- Added FCVAR_NOT_CONNECTED back to the ConVar fps_max to prevent client cheats

- Fixed a bug with playback of SourceTV demos

Team Fortress 2

- Fixed a bug where Medics using the Quick-Fix could easily identify disguised Spies

- Fixed a bug where healing a Scout while they change class in the spawn room would allow the Medic to keep the Scout speed

- Fixed a bug with honorbound weapons allowing themselves to be holstered before getting a kill

- Improved matchmaking logic

---- Fixed a case where players were being matched to full servers

- Updated the localization files

- Updated Pl_Barnblitz

---- Reduced Blue respawn time at cap 1

---- Fixed cart not allowing overtime when it has to stop at the turn table

---- Fixed players getting stuck in spawn doors when blue captures a point

---- Fixed spawn doors staying open when points are captured

---- Various clipping and exploit fixes

Patching now.

Problem is:

tf2 servers are fucking expensive. Dedicated servers are MORE expensive now than they were when we signed up due to cloud stuff catching on. and tf2stats still needs a home

Also my wallet.

we need some kind of donation drive

What sort of expensive are we talking about?

I wouldn't mind pitching in like ten bucks or so, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

The problem is that these are recurring fees. The reserved slot fees were introduced to help cover this, but it's not really enough.

I was looking at Kagami's directory to find a demo from Lakeside last night where Frogg got me with a tauntkill, but the latest demo is from May 13.

Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing Kagami at all lately, and May 13 is shortly after the Replay update went live. That would make sense.

I was looking at Kagami's directory to find a demo from Lakeside last night where Frogg got me with a tauntkill, but the latest demo is from May 13.

Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing Kagami at all lately, and May 13 is shortly after the Replay update went live. That would make sense.

Running both replays and SourceTV is known to cause disk I/O issues.

If you thought the server lag was bad now...

I have that replay saved, actually. Perspective is limited as it was a very short life, but I can send you the demo and/or replay files if you want.

696d2426.jpg

EDIT:

Unrelated, but amusing:

pl_goldrush0008.jpg