OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

I am also intrigued by thoughts of Pip-Boys.

Now we just need to find out how to obtain it.

And hope they weren't fibbing and come out with that second Misc slot soon. There's too much fun stuff to wear and not enough spots to wear them with.

Steam is acting up tonight. I'm not sure how this will affect TF2 servers.

The last time Steam acted up, it randomly kicked 1/2 the people on our server with "No Steam Connection" or some other ridiculous excuse and wouldn't let people rejoin our server until the server changed levels.

Free weekend on Brink. Is it even worth checking out?

Because any class can use any gun, it feels a bit more homogenous than TF2. But I feel it pushes the team aspect a lot harder; shooting mans is all well and good, and you'll certainly need to do it quite a bit to complete the objective, but to really excel you will need to rely on your teammates and their buffs.

If you like A/D maps more than the other modes, but wish they had a bit more depth/complexity, I'd give it a whirl.

Might be a stretch, but does anyone know where I can pick up the tf2 weapon models. Been trying to decompile them myself for a couple of days now but the recommended decompiler, StudioCompiler, fails to produce anything usable. It either crashes outright, or produces an smd with nothing more then a diamond in it.

Between my roommate and FedEx, my new computer didn't get delivered today as planned.

My roommate because he said he'd be here until noon, yet had left for the weekend already when FedEx stopped by to drop off my computer at 11:15am, and FedEx for not being like UPS and saying "you can pick up the package at Blah after X o'clock." (I arrived home at just past noon).

So, despite asking FedEx to keep the package at their local depot and I'd pick it up, it never got transferred there today. And knowing FedEx, it won't be now until Monday.

Replays have been reenabled. Let me know if you see any server crashes.

A lot of people want to know what's going to happen with reserve slots. I was thinking of opening them up to our regular players.

In fact, I may just go in and add people I know that play a lot on our server (but my memory isn't perfect, so...).

Other than that, people will need to request reserve slots from me rather than FireSlash.

I've added a number of new reserved slots to the people who play on our servers the most. Specifically, those in the top 50 by connection time who didn't already have one, except phill.

The 28 new reserved slot holders are (in alphabetical order):

• !!
  • Aeronaut
  • AfroNick
  • Arrowshot
  • Biohazard
  • Bizbiz
  • Cinderwild
  • Dr. Jones
  • Frosty Bites
  • Gamemaster
  • Gary Coleman's Ghost
  • Hazardous Sentient Ice Being
  • HoopyFrood
  • ivelchild
  • JGshogun (although this one almost wasn't added because he hasn't been on in a few weeks)
  • Kenogu Labz
  • NDUDE
  • Obstacle
  • phill (I lied earlier)
  • presh
  • RocketSniper
  • Shrub
  • Sir Prize
  • Spider
  • Top Gun
  • Wertilq
  • Yosimite
  • Zilac

To use a reserved slot, when the server is full, pull up the developer console (bound to ` next to 1 in the upper-left corner on US keyboards) and type

connect blu.ocrtf2.com

or

connect red.ocrtf2.com

depending on which server you're connecting to.

If your reserved slot isn't working, let me know. I did a bunch of reorganization of reserved slots so I can locate people easier. I don't *think* I removed any, but I can't tell just by looking. I also could have made typos when entering new data. I already found a mistake with presh's and corrected it.

I find the connection situation is a catch-22. I would play more often, except quite often I cannot get on the server because it's full. The people who consistently can connect to the server, to be in the top 50 in connection time, now can get on...more consistently.

Just saying.

I find the connection situation is a catch-22. I would play more often, except quite often I cannot get on the server because it's full. The people who consistently can connect to the server, to be in the top 50 in connection time, now can get on...more consistently.

Just saying.

I considered that, but it's also not the only way to get a reserved slot.. it's more of a convenience to me to just add our most active players, since it's easier to add people in bulk than one at a time. They are also people who invite other people to the server. People can also request one directly from me... assuming they know me.

P.S. I'm also interpreting this post as a request for a reserved slot.

P.P.S. Which I've now added.

I considered that, but it's also not the only way to get a reserved slot.. it's more of a convenience to me to just add our most active players, since it's easier to add people in bulk than one at a time. They are also people who invite other people to the server. People can also request one directly from me... assuming they know me.

P.S. I'm also interpreting this post as a request for a reserved slot.

P.P.S. Which I've now added.

It wasn't really a request - more a commentary on the logic of the situation, but thank you. I do appreciate it. :) I like to play when Bark is on - it's been frustrating to have to sit and watch him play without being able to connect myself.

I also realize that connection time is affected by time zone, as well; OCR tends to fill up fast between 8 and 9 EST, drops off between 10:30 and 11:30, and then gets a second wave at 12 AM Est/ 8-9 PM PST. It is easier to connect later at night.