OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

I thought PropHunt was really fun the other night. Cyberpunk sucks though.

Some of the other ones are pretty fun. Headquarters, despite having a lot of vertical space, is quite fun. The problem is, it's really hard to escape once someone finds you.

Harvest you'd think would be fun, but it's literally arena_harvest with no changes (which later became koth_harvest and got added to the game)... which means no added props. Contrast this to ph_lumberyard or spookyravine, which are based on the Valve maps but changed around a bit.

In fact, it looks like all the ones that are named arena_something haven't been modified at all for prop hunt, whereas the ph_somthing maps have.

An optional update for Team Fortress 2 is now available. The specific changes include:

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)

- Added an additional diagnostic message when a player is dropped from a server due to Steam authentication failure

- Added "startmovie" support for resolutions above 2048x2048

- Fixed a client crash caused by running "startmovie" with the h264 codec without having QuickTime installed

- Fixed a client crash related to rendering replays

Team Fortress 2

- Reorganized the tabs in the Mann Co. Store into Bundles, Guns, Hats, Misc, Tools, and Maps to make it easier to find specific items

- Added a new Hot Items tab to the Mann Co. Store to show real-time popularity of items in the Mannconomy

- The Diamondback now correctly gets guaranteed crits if an Engineer changes class while their buildings are sapped

- Fixed a bug that would cause the Gunslinger to draw a normal Engineer hand first-person sometimes when wielding other weapons

- Fixed a server crash related to bots

- Fixed a client crash related to breakables/gibs

- Added item sets to the GetSchema WebAPI

- Updated the Spiral Sallet to be equippable by all classes

Update has been installed. BLU has been restarted, but RED has not.

As many of you may have noticed, I started the Prop Hunt event a week early (by request, specifically by Captain Yahoo, because he won't be here next weekend) and am planning on keeping it up at least until the end of next weekend.

Update has been installed. BLU has been restarted, but RED has not.

As many of you may have noticed, I started the Prop Hunt event a week early (by request, specifically by Captain Yahoo, because he won't be here next weekend) and am planning on keeping it up at least until the end of next weekend.

I am making an effort to get the Prop Hunt server to fill up at least once every night. Prop Hunt is downright hilarious if you do it right.

To investigate these problems' date=' we would need as much of the following as possible:

Required:

* Server IP

* Exact time of the event (and please specify your time zone)

* Snippet of server log near the event (1000 lines or so)

Highly helpful:

* Identity of the dropped players. (Steam IDs and/or IP address)

* Snippet of server console near the event (1000 lines or so)

Send this info directly to Jon or me. Don't post to the mailing list, please.

The next update (no ETA on that) will output some additional diagnostic text to the log and console when this bug occurs. Please keep an eye out for it. We're still not sure exactly what causes it and we have not been able to reproduce it consistently.[/quote']

The update mentioned was pushed out yesterday, btw.

If you see a time on either server where a bunch of people are disconnected at once, please send me a PM or something with the date, time, and what time zone you're in so I can pull logs to send to Valve.

Unfortunately, the ones about 10pm EDT yesterday on RED were useless, because I hadn't restarted RED yet to enable the new logging code.

For $0, I hope.

Ha, no.

Normal prices are in parentheses:

Gift Wrap - $0.99 ($1.99)

Team Spirit - $1.49 ($2.49)

Name Tag - $2.99 ($4.99)

Description Tag - $1.49 ($2.49)

Backpack Expander - $2.99 ($4.99)

The important one is the backpack expander, as everything else drops in-game.

I sent out a bunch of group invites. Everyone above should have gotten one from me.

As a reminder, the Prop Hunt Weekend event that began last week, officially begins today.

Except it's already been running for a week, so try to act surprised.

However, I may add some more... novelty maps this week.