OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

I have a scrap metal and a secondary slot token. Any suggestions on a really good weapon I should craft? I play sniper/scout/demo/pyro/heavy,

I would recommend seeing if you can trade another weapon for the weapon you want rather than crafting it.

The Degreaser flamethrower is a good one to combine with the Axtinguisher and Flare Gun, both of which you already have. (Note: The Postal Pummeler is just an Axtinguisher reskin, but I use it for the comedy value).

If you melee a lot as Sniper (i.e. more common for Huntsman Snipers), the Bushwacka works great. Provided you have a Jarate as your secondary item, that is. Having said that, Jarate is an achievement unlock that you don't have.

The Demoman has a bunch of interesting items if you want to play Demoknight. My favorites are Ali Baba's Wee Booties, Splendid Screen, and Persian Persuader (which are all fairly new).

The Demoman also has the Ullapool Caber melee weapon... which does a lot of damage to one enemy at melee range, but also damages you.

Heavy... well, it looks like you have most of his best items already. Keeping in mind that Heavy is my least played class, the only two miniguns I ever use are the stock Minigun and the Tomislav. Secondary, the best items are likely the Sandvich or Shotgun depending on what you intend to do with them. The GRU is the best non-Medieval melee weapon. For Medieval mode, the KGB is the best (which is an achievement unlock).

Scout... his most powerful primary is the default one, the Scattergun. Secondary is a tough choice. I tend to use Bonk Atomic Punch (an achievement unlock) so that I can use it to avoid sentries and annoying enemies that would otherwise mow me down (read: Heavies, Demomen, and Soldiers). Melee weapons is a toss up. All the Scout melee unlocks except the fish have a downside. I'm currently using the Fan O' War, just because it applies a Jarate-like effect to a single person I hit with it.

I would recommend seeing if you can trade another weapon for the weapon you want rather than crafting it.

The Degreaser flamethrower is a good one to combine with the Axtinguisher and Flare Gun, both of which you already have. (Note: The Postal Pummeler is just an Axtinguisher reskin, but I use it for the comedy value).

If you melee a lot as Sniper (i.e. more common for Huntsman Snipers), the Bushwacka works great. Provided you have a Jarate as your secondary item, that is. Having said that, Jarate is an achievement unlock that you don't have.

The Demoman has a bunch of interesting items if you want to play Demoknight. My favorites are Ali Baba's Wee Booties, Splendid Screen, and Persian Persuader (which are all fairly new).

The Demoman also has the Ullapool Caber melee weapon... which does a lot of damage to one enemy at melee range, but also damages you.

Heavy... well, it looks like you have most of his best items already. Keeping in mind that Heavy is my least played class, the only two miniguns I ever use are the stock Minigun and the Tomislav. Secondary, the best items are likely the Sandvich or Shotgun depending on what you intend to do with them. The GRU is the best non-Medieval melee weapon. For Medieval mode, the KGB is the best (which is an achievement unlock).

Scout... his most powerful primary is the default one, the Scattergun. Secondary is a tough choice. I tend to use Bonk Atomic Punch (an achievement unlock) so that I can use it to avoid sentries and annoying enemies that would otherwise mow me down (read: Heavies, Demomen, and Soldiers). Melee weapons is a toss up. All the Scout melee unlocks except the fish have a downside. I'm currently using the Fan O' War, just because it applies a Jarate-like effect to a single person I hit with it.

I have a f2p account. ;_; which means I basically live off of Necro's generousity. :P

I had a Jarate, but I didn't like it, so it was one of the pieces that made the secondary token :)

I prefer vanilla demo, so i'll probably stick with that.

Are the new deus ex weapons craftable yet?

I have a f2p account. ;_; which means I basically live off of Necro's generousity. :P

I had a Jarate, but I didn't like it, so it was one of the pieces that made the secondary token :)

Jarate is extremely useful, if not to get kills, but to get assists (worth half a point each). You can also use it to expose cloaked spies. Using Jarate with a Bushwacka melee is a one-hit kill on just about every class but Heavy or Dead-Ringer Spy.

Are the new deus ex weapons craftable yet?

Yes, they are. Valve's currently policy is to make weapons craftable the day they come out. This doesn't necessarily apply to hats.

P.S. If you have a valid PayPal account, just buy a map token for $0.99 in the store to upgrade to a full account. This also gives you the World Traveler hat.

Just got the message on the public OCR group about the private one. Could I ask for an invite, please? I'd love it if you guys invited me. :oops:

Here's my profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/kinofourpaws

That's why I sent that message... I'm the only person who is an admin in both groups, and that actually happened after the problem someone else described where it was discovered that anyone could send announcements.

Also, invitation sent.

I would like to join the private group too,seeing as I pretty much only play on the OCR servers.

here is my steam ID page. http://steamcommunity.com/id/HoopyFrood42

Invitation sent.

Didn't realize there was a private group til now. Here's my infoz: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197971015845

Invitation sent.

At Bark's suggestion, I'm like to try and coordinate a night sometime in the near future where some of us can get together and nitpick Launchpad to hell and back without the distractions of actual combat happening at the same time. Would anyone be interested?

I'd be down for that. That is, if you haven't had enough of my nitpicking already.

If I'm free, I'd be happy to lend a hand.

Same here. I've always interested in furthering my study in map design!

P.S. If you have a valid PayPal account, just buy a map token for $0.99 in the store to upgrade to a full account. This also gives you the World Traveler hat.

I was about to say grab one of those 99 cent bundles instead, but then I remembered the stamps are donations to a good cause...

well not a good cause but some good people YOU GET WHAT I MEAN

It's a tossup. The 99 cent packages are pretty sweet.

The only caveat with upgrading to a full account is that you have to put a minimum of $5 into your Steam Wallet when making your first purchase, even if you're buying something less than that. It's not a huge deal, though, since you can then add a few other items to your purchase, or just keep the funds in your Steam Wallet for later use to buy a game. I picked up a pair of gift wraps with my backpack expander this weekend, so I have a grand total of $0.03 remaining. :P

A number of people have been complaining about lag recently. I personally have been experiencing very little lag, but the lag others are experiencing may be due to changes I made in the server's minimum rate I made a few weeks ago.

I've now restored it to its old setting of 3500 (or 3.5kbps). I had changed it to 30000 (or 30kbps).

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Gamemaster1379/ Here's my ID for the private group invite.

ALSO, for all of you who are not aware, I just released version 1.3 of my taunt modification. It now includes custom animations. You can take a look at it here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxoVtBSSQBs

I see two things I consider deal breakers (one in game, one in the notes):

1. Some of the new taunts make the heads move around wildly, making headshots much harder to pull off on the person doing the taunt. The only taunts in the game that do this now are the Schadenfreude's taunt, and those stay in roughly one place after the taunt starts. The Pyro's Shoryuken taunt is by far the biggest offender here, followed by the Spy's new "dancing" fencing taunt.

2. The new taunts don't do taunt kills even when they should. This means that the Flare Gun, Detonator, Your Eternal Reward, and Big Earner all lose their taunt kills. Ironically, those are the same taunts I just complained about in #1.

2. The new taunts don't do taunt kills even when they should. This means that the Flare Gun, Detonator, Your Eternal Reward, and Big Earner all lose their taunt kills. Ironically, those are the same taunts I just complained about in #1.

Apparently the tauntkill code is strictly Valve-sided, so any new taunts are forced to be damageless. To do otherwise would trigger VAC.

From what I understand, this isn't a simple animation switch, but rather a full fledged mod, hence the issue.

Apparently the tauntkill code is strictly Valve-sided, so any new taunts are forced to be damageless. To do otherwise would trigger VAC.

From what I understand, this isn't a simple animation switch, but rather a full fledged mod, hence the issue.

Correct. If I were to even figure out HOW to modify these new taunt animations to kill--I would be looking as a nice VAC ban. As far as the animations go for moving the head--I know mine aren't the only ones that are victim to this. Not much that I can do about it. I didn't animate them.

I see two things I consider deal breakers (one in game, one in the notes):

1. Some of the new taunts make the heads move around wildly, making headshots much harder to pull off on the person doing the taunt. The only taunts in the game that do this now are the Schadenfreude's taunt, and those stay in roughly one place after the taunt starts. The Pyro's Shoryuken taunt is by far the biggest offender here, followed by the Spy's new "dancing" fencing taunt.

I was under the impression that the hitbox for the head remained in the idle position when a character was taunting, and didn't move. I may be wrong though, as it's rare for a head to stray too far from the idle standing position during a taunt, and then for me to actually have time to aim at them.

Also I don't think that's the correct use of the word 'irony.'

I was under the impression that the hitbox for the head remained in the idle position when a character was taunting, and didn't move. I may be wrong though, as it's rare for a head to stray too far from the idle standing position during a taunt, and then for me to actually have time to aim at them.

Also I don't think that's the correct use of the word 'irony.'

Sombrero is correct, the hitboxes do not change--and the character will return to idle position by the end of the taunt--meaning that you have a standstill target to prep headshotting like most other taunts.