OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

TF2 is different than most other FPSes. Not so much easier or harder, but just with a different focus. While in the big FPS franchises -- Halo, Call of Duty, Battlefield -- you can do pretty well as long as you're a good individual player, Team Fortress 2 requires... well, teamwork. The best player in the world will still get his ass kicked if he doesn't work well with his team. Even if it's just something as simple as sticking together in a group when you're moving across the map (as opposed to letting the scouts blaze ahead and the heavies lag behind) makes a huge difference in TF2, way more than in other games.

Teamwork makes a ridiculous difference. My friends and I hang out on a vent server when we play, and well, we just take hold of the score board on most games. Guess we should make it an official clan at some point...

Not to mention duties. Different classes have generally different priorities at any given time.

Spy abound? Pyros should take notice.

Teammate's on fire? Pyro's gotta airblast.

Scout being annoying? Pyro might wanna consider setting him on fire to deter him.

Enemy Soldier giving trouble? AIRBLAST.

etc etc

The OCR TF2 community has some of the classiest drunks in the gaming world and I feel they are not being properly utilized. So I propose an event, a friday night drunk tank where we bring some of our classy drunks together, brush, necro, kami, etc, for an evening of tf2 and drunk discussion.

RED has been switched back to a normal server.

Also, Valve is going to patch CS:S later today. No clue if TF2 will have a required update too or not.

I may be doing some work on the server tomorrow. At present, votemelee and votescramble are not working as their respective plugins were disabled a while back due to crashing issues. I'm either going to install new versions of them or search for replacements.

RED has been switched back to a normal server.

Also, Valve is going to patch CS:S later today. No clue if TF2 will have a required update too or not.

I may be doing some work on the server tomorrow. At present, votemelee and votescramble are not working as their respective plugins were disabled a while back due to crashing issues. I'm either going to install new versions of them or search for replacements.

Or you could just use the default votes for scrambling that have been in the game for 5 months now.

And it doesn't steal your keyboard input. I don't know why you still have the terrible 4-8 vote screen.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Voting

Or you could just use the default votes for scrambling that have been in the game for 5 months now.

I've considered it, but chose not to because in the past people have complained when someone arbitrarily starts a vote.

And it doesn't steal your keyboard input. I don't know why you still have the terrible 4-8 vote screen.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Voting

And now you're getting into the map vote issue, as it's the only one that uses 4-8.

I know about the TF2 built-in map vote. I also know about its drawbacks, namely that it always raises the end of map vote when 2 minutes are left on the clock, despite TF2 changing maps if a round ends with 5 minutes or less on the clock (except on Arena). You also can't nominate maps to appear on the built-in vote thing.

Believe it or not, I'm the person who reverse engineered the TF2 vote system for the SourceMod Wiki. The problem is that the Builtin Votes extension I'm writing is taking longer than expected to write due to SourceMod extensions being a PITA and several mistakes I made early on while writing it.

An update was pushed since my previous message:

A required update for Team Fortress 2 is now available. Please download the update from the hldsupdatetool. The specific changes include:

- Fixed the Demoman not being able to charge while in the air

- Fixed items not drawing correctly on disguised Spies

BLU and RED have been updated and restarted.

Something I've been curious about:

Suppose a server has the built in vote system enabled as you described, activating when the server map time has 2 minutes left, but the round ends with anywhere between 5 and 2 minutes left. (In other words, the map's supposed to change but the next map hasn't been decided.) What happens?

Something I've been curious about:

Suppose a server has the built in vote system enabled as you described, activating when the server map time has 2 minutes left, but the round ends with anywhere between 5 and 2 minutes left. (In other words, the map's supposed to change but the next map hasn't been decided.) What happens?

It goes to the next map on the map list, whatever that may be.

I may not get around to the server changes today.

Having said that, I went over the top 50 players by connect time and added reserved slots for the two new people on the top 50: Miss Velociraptor and Zephy.

I was just about to make a post about this.

Could I get my reserved slot on the new servers? I did pay for it back when you had to, and I have been playing on the server recently.

I was just about to make a post about this.

Could I get my reserved slot on the new servers? I did pay for it back when you had to, and I have been playing on the server recently.

I added it several days ago. I don't post about every person I add, only if I add them and they have no way of knowing I added them.