OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

There aren't really any plans to change it at this time.

One thing that we have changed is the icon hiding thing.

Also, Valve has said they plan on pushing a TF2 client update out to fix the crashing problems.

You either allow taunt-switching for amusing weapon-taunting shenanigans or you don't. :whatevaa:

Unless I'm missing something, this is hardly a setting that strikes me as requiring "plans" to change.

In case you guys didn't notice, most of the TF2 beta changes that were being tested but not mentioned in the update notes got passed through, as well.

The only one that didn't get passed (to my knowledge) was the Flamethrower damage changes.

The Widowmaker is now f***ing amazing.

If anyone stumbles across a Series 30 crate and doesn't plan to open it, I'm looking for a few to jam these keys into. Strange Gunslinger woo woo.

Also I spent an hour and a half on the loadout presets trying to get the perfect setups.

Most of this was spent on hat/misc combos.

I must be the only one who doesn't have that many hats/miscs. I have exactly three non-event/achievement hats (one of which I had to trade for) and no misc items.

Anyway, I wanted to ask: what servers do people play on when the OCR ones are empty? It seems like every time I want to play recently, there's no one on the OCR servers, and I could use a good place to hang out when that's the case.

I must be the only one who doesn't have that many hats/miscs. I have exactly three non-event/achievement hats (one of which I had to trade for) and no misc items.

Anyway, I wanted to ask: what servers do people play on when the OCR ones are empty? It seems like every time I want to play recently, there's no one on the OCR servers, and I could use a good place to hang out when that's the case.

I tend to play on some of Reddit's TF2 servers... Great Lakes or Midwest.

I invade the CK noob server from time to time, because it's hilarious.

I usually take advantage of quickplay, although it's had a distressing tendency to send me to empty servers lately. And several times it sent me to a server with 3 bots per team and no one else. (Protip: Valve servers all have the "valve" tag on them in the server browser. Filter by that and "has users playing" for some easy-yet-infuriating rounds courtesy of teammates with the collective intelligence of a brick.)

Then there's the whole lolinternet thing where my ping soars into the 900 range and makes powerpoint look fast by comparison.

CK's server was where I started out, and I'll still drop by there every once in a while when OCR is empty. What's frustrated me about them for a long time was that they had no auto-scramble, which often led to things getting stack-happy and your team of mostly noobs getting rolled repeatedly. Incredibly frustrating. They seemed to have auto-scramble on the last time I stopped by, which makes things so much better. They also finally had all talk on, too; it's amazing how much more easy-going that makes most games.

There are one or two other random servers I've had in my favorites pretty much since I started playing: Nemu's Battleground is one, and FFN Back to Basics is another. I think both of those are 32-player, so I don't go there much.