OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

We’ve released an optional (for dedicated servers) update for Team Fortress 2. The notes are below.

Thanks.

-Eric

----------------------------------

Team Fortress 2

- Fixed a problem with precaching pumpkin_bomb entities

I've updated BLU and RED and restarted them. This avoid the server crashing on koth_harvest_event, cp_manor_event, and koth_viaduct_event following yesterday's update.

Yeah, free-to-play users can receive items in trades; they just can't give them. It's definitely worth it to snag something from the store, though. If nothing else, you get a bonus Mann Co. hat and a ton more backpack space.

The best way is to add money to buy a Map Stamp. Buying a map stamp as your only purchase ends up giving you the Mann Co. Hat (all-class), the World Traveler Hat (all-class), and leaves $4 on your Steam account for any other game purchases you want to make.

For map stamps, just choose your favorite non-Valve map. My preference is likely Steel or Frontier of the custom maps, partly because I'm too lazy to look through the custom map lists and I like those two maps even if Steel does confuse some people.

Lyrai, I'd love the Garlic Flank Stake if you've still got it. I spent the entire Halloween event trying to assemble a full Sniper set and all I ended up with was the Silver Bullets...

I've also got a Dr. Gogglestache (medic hat), Soviet Stitch-Up (heavyarms... er, heavy arms), Under Cover (spy hat), Legend of Bugfoot (engie feet), and Haunted Tail of the Crypt (pyro tail), if anyone is interested in any of those. I'd really like a Haunted Holy Hunter (sniper hat) for the Haunted Tail from the Crypt, but I'll take pretty much anything for the rest.

Steam name is NativeJovian if anyone wants to hit me up for trading.

ah hmm...not really sure here but perhaps griffin's gog? I'm a free user though :/ I heard we can get gifts but I don't know, I don't play the game enough to have friends.

Need your Steam Name

Hair of the Dog?

Been taken already, sorry.

Also, if you see a "Flandre" trying to friend you, that's me.

So out of curiosity, is there any reason why half the regulars have been playing on a random password-protected server over the past couple of days? I've been pretty bummed that both RED and BLU have been completely empty every time I've logged in itching to play over the past week. Is there something going on I don't know about?

So out of curiosity, is there any reason why half the regulars have been playing on a random password-protected server over the past couple of days? I've been pretty bummed that both RED and BLU have been completely empty every time I've logged in itching to play over the past week. Is there something going on I don't know about?

I haven't been playing much this week. The times I *have* been on was because I was testing SourceMod extensions and plugins (and hence was on one of two passworded servers I set up for testing... named Powerlord's Plugin Palace or Powerlord's Windows Plugin Palace). I'm not sure what servers everyone else have been on.

I won't be playing much this weekend either because I have a weekend SWTOR Beta invite that's only good through midnight CST tomorrow... and I also have lots of things I need to do before Tuesday and Wednesday for class-related stuff.

That's likely to be Gamemaster's (I think) server. Seems to be the go-to place for when OCR is empty.

I won't be playing much this weekend either because I have a weekend SWTOR Beta invite that's only good through midnight CST tomorrow...

I'm also in on the SWTOR beta...... Plus what brush said.

if you want to play, you should hang out on OCR and see if you can seed it. Once the servers in the list you might at least get random pubbies, till the regulars can get on.

I'm also in on the SWTOR beta...... Plus what brush said.

if you want to play, you should hang out on OCR and see if you can seed it. Once the servers in the list you might at least get random pubbies, till the regulars can get on.

To add to this, as far as I know, it's not impolite to send game invites to people on your list, so when you join, send out some invites and see who bites. Unless they're skyrimming or something. Aw heck, even then.

Also, thanks Lyrai for the gogglestash!

Sitting in BLU for a couple of minutes actually wound up working. Phill joined, then Frogg, then a couple more. Fun was had!

I invited a few myself, but only !! took the bait. And necro seemed a little annoyed. :cry:

(I only sent one invite to a given person. I'm not a jerk. :P)