OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

For those of you who haven't noticed, RED is still set up to play Vs. Saxton Hale.

I'm considering disabling stats on it, though, as it's really screwing up our stats (in my favor, because either Arena or Vs Saxton Hale awards medics as MVP nearly every time).

As a side note, if people hadn't noticed, two new Winter crates are dropping as of Friday: Naughty Winter Crate and Nice Winter Crate. Both contents unknown, because they require special keys.

This is a warning that we're likely to have a new weapon/hat update on Thursday.

*shifty eyes*

You can trust it Paranoid. I downloaded it, and i turned out TV.

Here's a question - Tangentially related to OCR TF2, but does anyone on here know of anyone that has won a game from the wishlist giveaways the last couple of times they've done it? Friend of a friend, stuff like that? Has anyone seen where Valve posts the winners lists?

Here's a question - Tangentially related to OCR TF2, but does anyone on here know of anyone that has won a game from the wishlist giveaways the last couple of times they've done it? Friend of a friend, stuff like that? Has anyone seen where Valve posts the winners lists?

Valve doesn't release winners names, presumably to avoid lynching. There's a thread for this latest one, Steam General I believe...

Aha. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2267716

You can trust it Paranoid. I downloaded it, and i turned out TV.

Oh, I trust the mod, and Powerlord isn't likely to put spyware on the server or anything. It's the rest of the servers out there that I don't trust to make me download Quake sounds or other silliness, and I tend to forget to change my preferences.

Blog Update with details on some of the upcoming Christmas items.

Engineer:

Pomson 6000 (Primary?)

Doesn't require ammo.

Penetrating projectile.

Unreflectable.

On hit: Drains 10% Ubercharge, 20% Cloak

Eureka Effect (Wrench)

Alt Fire: Teleport to spawn

Cannot carry buildings

Pyro:

Phlogistinator (Flamethrower)

All fire damage (direct and afterburn?) fills "Mmmph" meter.

Activate "Mmmph" to restore HP and force critical hits.

No airblast or random crits.

Manmelter 3600 ZX (Secondary?)

Does not require ammo

Unreflectable

Grants 1 crit per teammate extinguished by this weapon

No random crits

Third Degree (Axe)

Damage transfers to all players connected via Medigun beams

Paranoid forgot to mention the new 5CP map: Foundry. It's going to have 12 map-specific achievements. Gaining 7 grants you a new hat, Full Head of Steam.

No word yet as to what the naughty/nice crates will contain.

Right, forgot about that.

Also for the record, I hate hate hate the new Engineer gun, but love the wrench.

I just noticed that this is only marked as "Part 1", so there is be more coming.

Incidentally, this is the Engineer's first item set, and the Pyro's second.

Thanks to the magic of auto-updating and Valve overwriting mapcycle.txt on me even if I don't want them to, cp_foundry should be immediately available on BLU when it auto-restarts.

I just noticed that this is only marked as "Part 1", so there is be more coming.

Incidentally, this is the Engineer's first item set, and the Pyro's second.

Thanks to the magic of auto-updating and Valve overwriting mapcycle.txt on me even if I don't want them to, cp_foundry should be immediately available on BLU when it auto-restarts.

Wait, the update already happened? I was under the impression that these were teasers for a megaupdate in the future. (Likely tomorrow, since it's Thursday.)

Engineer:

Pomson 6000 (Primary?)

Doesn't require ammo.

Penetrating projectile.

Unreflectable.

This thing is probably going to be annoying to aim with. Heavy risk...but the priiiize. The courtyard of 2fort is going to become so much more annoying with a good engie.

That wrench seems pretty nice for turtlers. I'm more of a gunslinger man myself save for a few maps.

So how is Foundry available on the server? Unless I totally misread your earlier post.

I think he means once the update drops, Foundry will be the top of the maplist and will be the first one the server loads because Valve hates powerlord.

My thought would be to set permissions on mapcycle.txt to stop it from being changed, so vavle can't write to it.

I think he means once the update drops, Foundry will be the top of the maplist and will be the first one the server loads because Valve hates powerlord.

My thought would be to set permissions on mapcycle.txt to stop it from being changed, so vavle can't write to it.

Last one, actually.

However, the server now starts on a random map, and it's in the map list, so it will be immediately nominateable.

Also, I've extended the time for cp_foundry to 120 minutes (if it's named cp_foundry.bsp that is).

Update time!

Required updates are now available for Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch. The specific changes include:

Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)

- Fixed a bug which caused Windows Aero Extensions video option to always be enabled, regardless of setting. Disabling this can improve compatibility with third-party programs and overlays, but may also affect performance.

- Fixed SourceTV showing player counts for the game server instead of the number of clients connected to the SourceTV server

Team Fortress 2

- Australian Christmas has begun!

- Added community-contributed winter event items

- Added new Grordbort Pyro and Engineer item sets

- Added the "Valve Gift Grab 2011 - TF2" achievement

- Added Naughty and Nice winter keys to the Mann Co. store

- Added a new Valve-authored control point map: Foundry

- added 12 achievements for Foundry

- added achievement reward milestone reward for Foundry achievement

- Added UGC Highlander medals

- Relaxed some restrictions on what misc items can be equipped simultaneously

- Additional improvements for client stability

- Updated the localization files

Day of Defeat: Source

- Added the "Valve Gift Grab 2011 - DoD:S" achievement

Counter-Strike: Source

- Added the "Valve Gift Grab 2011 - CS:S" achievement

- Added rate limiting for connections and added the following ConVars to support that:

- sv_max_connects_sec

- sv_max_connects_window

- sv_max_connects_sec_global

- Dramatically improved the dynamic model loading system's memory usage, performance, and stability

- Reduced memory usage on systems running Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7

- Improved alt-tab handling under Windows Vista and Windows 7

- Fixed a client crash during demo playback

BLU is currently verifying the updated prior to restarting (this is part of the auto-update sequence to prevent a bad update from crashing the server).

Edit: I need to force a restart on BLU, as Valve either deleted or removed the file the updater uses to check versions.

Edit 2: Yeah, that file apparently causes other problems when it's missing. Server is now crashing on startup, even with addons disabled. Harassing Valve on the mailing list now as well as trying a -verify_all.