OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

From a few hours ago:

We've released a mandatory update to Team Fortress 2. The notes for the update are below.

-Eric

------------------------------

Team Fortress 2

- Added new promo items

- Fixed paint preview not working for Mann Co. Store items

- Fixed the Lucky Shot not hiding the base Soldier helmet

- Did not update the localization files

Both servers were updated... I'm still updating the Event server manually, but I have access to the shell on that box from work while I don't to these forums...

"- Did not update the localization files"

uh cool?

Quasi-running joke. Every other patch has "Updated ____ localization files" and people complained whenever a patch didn't fix this bug or that, but instead had the localization files updated.

Also

Untitled.png

I need a name for this. Any suggestions?

Quasi-running joke. Every other patch has "Updated ____ localization files" and people complained whenever a patch didn't fix this bug or that, but instead had the localization files updated.

Also

Untitled.png

Please tell me that number is due to stats manipulation.

Also

Untitled.png

Bloody useful spy blocker? eh, I got nuthin'.

In an unrelated query, anyone here play Synergy? There's a few maps a friend and I want to try but I think they require at least 3 people.

Does the idea of there being 8,499 spies out there that dumb bother you?

Considering the only times I've ever backstabbed a Razorback have been when I simply didn't see it for whatever reason...

HELL YES.

(Okay, that's a lie, I've done it on purpose a few times for shits and giggles. Half the time they don't even notice.)

Name ideas:

"Knife Magnet"

"Why the hell would you stab this I mean really." (Better as description?)

"Single-Use Backstab Rescue Device"

"Low-Tech Spy Deterrent"

"Target Practice"

Considering the only times I've ever backstabbed a Razorback have been when I simply didn't see it for whatever reason...

I've had some times where the game simply hasn't drawn it for whatever reason.

Also, 12 people on BLU and 12 people on RED. I can't make up my mind which to join! >_<

The server is down for the moment. The instance is being moved from its current server in Chicago, IL to a different server located in Dallas, TX.

This means it will likely have an IP change. I do not yet have what the new IPs are, but I will post here (and update DNS entries/stats server settings) when I do.

The servers are now running on their new box.

New addresses are:

BLU: 66.151.244.124 (blu.ocrtf2.com will be updated to this address soon)

RED: 66.151.244.133 (red.ocrtf2.com will be updated to this address soon)

HLStatsX CE is currently showing the wrong map in its list for unknown reasons, despite the stats daemon being restarted following the IP address change in its configuration.

Edit: HLStatsX is showing the correct maps now.

We've released a mandatory update to Team Fortress 2. The notes for the update are below.

-Eric

------------------------------

Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)

- Fixed a demo/replay playback crash

- Changed the way bot counts are displayed in the server browser: the bot column is now next to the player column and always visible. Bot count is no longer subtracted from maxplayers.

Team Fortress 2

- Added the Alladin's Private Reserve for the Demo

- Fixed a bug where the Medic would lose his healing target's speed when deploying his ÜberCharge while using the Quick-Fix

- Fixed a bug that would cause some Team Spirit painted hats to show as black-painted in the Steam Community

- Localized the team goal strings for cp_steel and pl_frontier

- Added missing level_data strings to kill_eater_score_type elements in the GetSchema WebAPI response

- Updated pl_frontier with author-submitted fixes:

- small prop adjustments

- several unsewn/gappy displacements fixed up

- func_push altered below final capture point

- Undocumented changes: Updated all localization files

And yes, it does say undocumented changes in the update notes. :P

BLU is slowly waiting to update. Unfortunately, since Valve updated frontier and steel, the update is relatively large ( >200MB ).

BLU has been updated.

I ended up playing on a random pub server last night for a few rounds. I ended up singlehandedly depopulating the server by getting getting a the entire RED team to ragequit after I killed all five of them by myself with the huntsman, then got autobalanced to the RED, then doing the exact same thing to BLU.

It makes me so very sad that there's no Strange Huntsman, because I could say that mine was literally server-clearing.

Huntsman is probably the #1 demanded strange that we don't have yet. I've had multiple people ask me for one, and I already owe somebody one "Whenever it comes out" for...lord I forget what it was.

But yeah, everyone wants their strange huntsman.

For those that care, the Beta got updated today with changes to Tomislav, Sandvich, and the Enforcer.

Tomislav lost its fast spinup, so its stats are now silent spinup and -20% rate of fire.

Picking up your own Sandvich from the ground merely returns it to you, instead of restoring HP.

The Enforcer affects decloak speed instead of cloaking speed and removes the ability to see enemy HP.

For those that care, the Beta got updated today with changes to Tomislav, Sandvich, and the Enforcer.

Tomislav lost its fast spinup, so its stats are now silent spinup and -20% rate of fire.

Picking up your own Sandvich from the ground merely returns it to you, instead of restoring HP.

The Enforcer affects decloak speed instead of cloaking speed and removes the ability to see enemy HP.

The Sandvich needed nerfing? REALLY? :banghead:

The Sandvich needed nerfing? REALLY? :banghead:

Yes, because in the hands of a good Heavy, is essentially made them have 450 HP and impossible for a Scout, Soldier, or Pyro to kill (for example).

Essentially, no one ever bothered to use the normal Sandvich ability any more, they'd just toss it and run over it, then grab a small medkit (and thus get another sandvich).