OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

Tomislav lost its fast spinup, so its stats are now silent spinup and -20% rate of fire.

Picking up your own Sandvich from the ground merely returns it to you, instead of restoring HP.

The Enforcer affects decloak speed instead of cloaking speed and removes the ability to see enemy HP.

I am liking these balance changes. Hopefully Valve will start scaling back its recent trend of power creep.

Sandvich nooooooo!

Looks like I might finally switch to shotty.

I wonder though, does it still heal other people?

That's the whole point of tossing it on the ground. What else is it going to do if a Medic picks it up?

The fact that a Heavy could toss it and then pick it up as a health pack basically broke the whole "you have to spend time eating it" mechanic that balanced it out.

Steam Mobile is out of Beta

Basically, it's an independent Steam chat app for iOS and Android.

You can also see what the latest deals are on Steam (although you can do that from the web) and buy things from your Steam account.

Note: They don't sell mobile games on it, just regular Windows/Mac games for your computer.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they start selling apps and mobile games. :P

But that said, Steam Mobile's been a bit buggy on my phone. It hasn't crashed (surprise!), but it's not displaying notifications and I'm fairly sure it changes my status to "offline" whenever I swap networks. It is still quite neat having access to Steam Chat on the go, though.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they start selling apps and mobile games. :P

But that said, Steam Mobile's been a bit buggy on my phone. It hasn't crashed (surprise!), but it's not displaying notifications and I'm fairly sure it changes my status to "offline" whenever I swap networks. It is still quite neat having access to Steam Chat on the go, though.

Naw, they couldn't even if they wanted to. Having an app store inside of an app store isn't just redundant: it would also detract from sales the main marketplace could theoretically have, so they don't allow marketplace applications to appear.

I got the Beta, didn't realize it was out of Beta now. Interesting. Haven't used it much other than to ooh and aah over the shiny and peruse the settings a bit. Only thing I think is really missing is the ability to add people to your friend list, unless you already can and I missed it.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, I have determined that my connection woes are the fault of either our router or our ISP. I'm guessing it's the ISP since we had a major snowstorm a couple of weeks ago. That said, the problems started shortly before the snow came in and it's been two weeks since, so idklolbffjill.

If anyone would like to be part of another Highlander tournament we are setting up a team and still need another member or two to fill out our roster. Here's our team, feel free to ask anyone on it for an invite.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/termsofenrampagement

I wouldn't mind taking up a solly slot on your team, if that's alright with you guys.

We've released a mandatory update to Team Fortress 2. The notes for the update are below.

-Eric

------------------------------

Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)

- Adjusted error messages on servers when players drop due to Steam authentication failure to be more clear

- Additional important server messages now go to the server log instead of just the console

Team Fortress 2

- Added The Conquistador

- Added The Map Maker's Medallion

- Added new promotional items

- Added information about item origins to the WebAPI

- Added "DamagedPlayer" animation event for the HUD, fired when the local player damages other players

- Fixed The Head Warmer not displaying unusual particle effects correctly

- Fixed paint applying incorrectly on Max's Severed Head

- Fixed a server crash caused by Holiday Punch critical attacks on physics objects

- Updated the Itsy Bitsy Spyer so it can also be equipped by the Sniper

- Updated cp_foundry:

- Clip brush collision smoothing by the forward spawn alternate exit

- Fixed Nobuild exploits

- Fixed the teleporter player trap on the roof of the forward spawn alternate exit

- Fixed Nodraw and texturing errors

- Fixed clipping of barrels on final cap points

- Fixed fade distance on props

- Fixed lighting bugs in spytech vistas

- Removed props hidden in geometry

- Removed ability for players to cap the final point by standing on the catwalk behind it

BLU is updated, RED isn't (yet).

The new Promo items are for purchasing Jagged Alliance: Back in Action. They are:

Merc Medal - All-class Misc

Battle Bob - Soldier Hat

Bushman's Boonie - Sniper Hat

Also, the Conquistador is a Soldier hat.

If anyone would like to be part of another Highlander tournament we are setting up a team and still need another member or two to fill out our roster. Here's our team, feel free to ask anyone on it for an invite.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/termsofenrampagement

I'm rusty, but I'd happily fill any position that you find yourselves short. If so just let me know in advance so I can try to "get gud" again. lol

Huh, the strange Dead Ringer sounds fun. Not sure I care enough to hunt one down though.

Also my roommate noticed our modem was pretty hot to the touch last night, so he unplugged both it and the router for the last 24 hours. My ping is now quite serviceable and nonrandom, although I did experience an unexpected disconnect once tonight. PROGRESS!

If all else fails he's looking into getting a new modem altogether, but IDK if/when that'll happen.

On a completely unrelated note goddamn at least I never have to worry about browbeating OCR into not stacking useless classes. If I never see another team with 3 Snipers/Spies again it'll be too soon.

That's only a problem if it's three shitty snipers. When it's me, NDUDE, and Lumpy, though, it's cool.

That's only a problem if it's three shitty snipers. When it's me, NDUDE, and Lumpy, though, it's cool.

Seconded. Bouncing around pub servers the other day, I landed on one with 3 snipers and 2 spies on my team, and the other team couldn't get anywhere. Anyone who got past the two spies was immediately headshotted before they could even cough on the cart.