OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

Hoopy, you're way too hard on yourself. It's not like we're playing competitively or anything -- just relax and have fun.

Re: server lag, I recall someone mentioning last night that they thought it was a configuration issue, because it's following us around even when we change physical servers. Has RED been having an issues, or is it just BLU?

I am sorry, I try new classes(like sniper for example) every now and again and most of the time I'm not any use to the team. So if you guys want me to stay as pyro/medic whilst on the server, just let me know.

Only way you're going to get better is field experience. Grab the weapons everyone says are overpowered and are a crutch if you're worried about that while learning the basics

CRATES:

I ended up with 2 strange quick-fixes, 2 strange KGBs.

:|

I have found that being in a better mood tends to make me do better.

Laughing (taunting) puts me in a better mood.

This is about the closest thing I have to proving that taunting makes you a better player. You should try it sometime! It's just good manners, too.

Last night when we were horsing around in 3v3, your taunting first made me think you were a douchebag, but when you showed over chat you were still chilling with all of us that made me feel bad I thought that.

Most people I see who taunt after killing end up being douchebags. Shit-talking over voice chat, going out of their way to troll via stickycamping and the like. It is aggrivating.

Maybe I need to stop gettin mad at video games.

What's really fun is when I play spy and I'm doing OK-but-not-awesome, then Paranoid and Chili or equivalent show up. Then I really feel useless. :banghead:

ParanoidDrone Leveled Up!

ParanoidDrone's Ego increased by 1!

I rarely bother taunting for the killcam. For one, it leaves you perfectly stationary and I'd wager that I know the dangers of that better than most. I'll make an exception for people who act like they're tough shit or otherwise get on my last nerve (ragepyros, "lol noob spy" after my nth backstab, etc.) but that's pretty rare. I'll never understand a) why Necro taunts for me all the time and B) gets away with it too. (Actually I think the answer to B is because I'm hardly ever with my own team as a Spy.)

Also Chili you need a new way to turn "warm and fuzzy" into something disturbing. Swallowing kittens is so passe.

I was wondering, Powerlord, if it would be all right if we made use of one of the servers for our UGC Highlander match on Monday, Feb 6? I apologize for short notice. If that is all right here is the link to the page with the and maps.

http://www.ugcleague.com/files_tf2h.cfm

Here's a direct download to the configs.

http://www.ugcleague.com/files/configs/ugc_HL_v020412.rar

Here's a direct download link to the match map, Warmfront.

http://www.ugcleague.com/files/maps/cp_warmfront.zip

Oh and Paranoid, I taunt because I care.

I was wondering, Powerlord, if it would be all right if we made use of one of the servers for our UGC Highlander match on Monday, Feb 6? I apologize for short notice. If that is all right here is the link to the page with the and maps.

I'm actually quite busy today and tomorrow is a work day.

Warmfront? Any relation to Coldfront?

It's Coldfront without the snow, plus the right side of point 2 / left side of point 4 have been raised up and can be seen from the point itself (it used to be they were lower). Spawn room #2 is also raised up because of this.

Honestly, I prefer Coldfront.

Well that seems incredibly stupid. Why should the defending team be put at a disadvantage when they're backed up to their final point?

I havent played the map enough to know if the defending team is at a disadvantage. Maybe the offensive team had a big disadvantage as it was and so this balances it out. The change might have been an effort to accelerate the game, instead of sitting back and waiting down the clock if you're up a round. I mean before they could practically stand in the spawn door and spam rockets and stickies I think. I dunno.

Yeah, on Coldfront there's still glass, but it's only just high enough so you can't walk onto the point. (You can still jump over it no problem, so IDK what the point is.) Never saw it become an issue though.

There's also a pair of glass walls the attackers can use for cover that I don't remember being there on Coldfront, but my memory's a bit hazy.

We've released a mandatory update to Team Fortress 2. The notes for the update are below.

Team Fortress 2

- Fixed the Heavy bots not spawning in the commentary maps

- Updated ctf_doublecross:

- Added a respawnroom visualizer to the dropdown spawn exit to prevent griefing

- Updated community and promotional items:

- Soda Popper: improved model and texture

- Winger: fixed first-person clip reloading

- Apparition's Aspect: updated mesh to reduce clipping with many hats

- Hero's Tail: added an additional style that more strongly responds to paint

- Bonk Boy: added an additional style that leaves the Scout headphones visible

- Additional items are now paintable:

- Lord Cockswain's Novelty Mutton Chops and Pipe

- Planeswalker Goggles

- Pilotka

- Nanobalaclava

- Cold War Luchador

- Cremator's Conscience

- Dashin' Hashshashin

- Desert Marauder

- Relaxed equip region restrictions for the Earbuds so that they can be equipped with anything

- Lokalisierungsdateien aktualisiert

Blah blah blah BLU should be updated, RED updating now.

Dammit, Steam got me again. I know some of you guys play/have played Killing Floor, and it's all of $3 today to celebrate the game selling a million copies. It's scary how well those minuscule price points work.

One of us! One of us!

Did I beat Powerlord to the punch announcing a TF2 update?

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

• Added Something Special For Someone Special
  • Added The Snapped Pupil
  • Added a new promo item
  • Updated the Heavy's sandvich so it will only resupply ammo if the owner picks it up after dropping it. This means the only way to gain health from the sandvich is by eating it.
  • Fixed the Red/Blue team skins not working on the Bonk Boy with the new styles
  • Updated the in-game trading system to use the Steam trading menus
  • Updated these items so they can be traded and crafted:
    • The Warsworn Helmet
    • The Bolgan
    • The Bolgan Family Crest
    • The Merc Medal
    • The Battle Bob
    • The Bushman's Boonie

[*]Updated cp_gravelpit

• Fixed z-fighting on the fan in the Red spawn building
    • Fixed Red Engineers building inside their spawn room

[*]Hcqngrq gur ybpnyvmngvba svyrf