OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

I can't think of any unlock sans Equalizer that breaks the game in relation to skill level. Most of the unlocks are specialized and therefore not as good as their vanilla counterpart. Which unlocks are you referring to?

yeah most are worse than the vanilla counterpart but compensate by assisting people that are worse to a degree which i cant stand

fan is one that used to be like this but basically nowadays the fan is allaround worse

but yeah as was stated before backburner natascha huntsman plus targe eyelander razorback (kinda but not really) dead ringer sandman (used to be but isnt anymore either really) direct hit

and atmuh, i think you're wrong.

pub servers are much much easier to play on than our server.

which one of the resident spies said they wreak havoc on pub servers because they can't deal with spies?

Almost every time I play on a pub server with peeps i met on the OCR server, we lead the scoreboards.

ocr has a small core of solid players but after that the dropoff in skill is ridiculous

if by pub servers (ocr is a pub dur) you mean some 24/7 [insert map here] server than yeah those are the worst because those are almost always comprised of random people that rarely play together, not of a set group of regulars

if you move onto servers that HAVE set groups of regulars ocr is pretty low from my experience

which one of the resident spies said they wreak havoc on pub servers because they can't deal with spies?

That was Chili, using the Dead Ringer.

if you move onto servers that HAVE set groups of regulars ocr is pretty low from my experience

I wouldn't know, honestly. (Although I guess I could record myself on a 24/7 Badwater server or something for shits and giggles.)

OCR is not the highest but not the lowest. The skill level improves in your 16 man nocrit servers. Apopelexy Industries is pretty good and the STD servers used to be good when they were up.

This is just embarrassing: I'm now the most dominated player on the server. Guess I should work on pulling back earlier. This is the same problem I have with DotA games, too...

They only kill you so that they can get to the music inside your head.

OCR is not the highest but not the lowest. The skill level improves in your 16 man nocrit servers. Apopelexy Industries is pretty good and the STD servers used to be good when they were up.

well yesterday i decided to hop on ocr and another old server i used to play on for an hour each and on ocr i was on top the whole time and on the other i could barely scratch a 1:1 which is pretty much exactly like it used to be

and atmuh, i think you're wrong.

pub servers are much much easier to play on than our server.

Almost every time I play on a pub server with peeps i met on the OCR server, we lead the scoreboards.

I don't quite understand what you are saying here. When you say "our" server, do you mean OCR? OCR is a pub server, right? It's open to the public and as such is a public server.

Edit: Well what I said was already stated on this page.

You really can't say "X pub server is better then Y pub server" because they are public servers, they get different people all the time.

You really can't say "X pub server is better then Y pub server" because they are public servers, they get different people all the time.

I always thought that statements like this were implied to refer to the regulars of the server in question, not their population as a whole, transient pubs and all.

EDIT: When comparing their relative skill levels, anyway.

A required update for Team Fortress 2 is now available. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive the update. The specific changes include:

- Fixed players seeing cloaked Spies when they should be fully cloaked

- Updated the Homewrecker

--- It now damages enemy sappers on friendly buildings

- Fixed items not displaying correctly while playing back a demo

- Badge hire dates now display the time in GMT

I'm going to update RED now, BLU to follow.

However, it is interesting to see that the Homewrecker now has a secondary use.

- It now damages enemy sappers on friendly buildings

Dammit, you beat me to it.

I am happy, for obvious reasons.

A required update for Team Fortress 2 is now available. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive the update. The specific changes include:

--- It now damages enemy sappers on friendly buildings

As an Engineer's best friend, this has me torn. Help unsap or keep the Axtinguisher?

Server, mirror, mapcycle, and maplist (for voting) have been updated to RC3.

Edit: Also, the server's been lagging a lot lately.

It is likely a data center problem? Is the server shared among other users? I have noticed a small increase in server side lag. The few seconds where everyone freezes because the server lags for a bit.

It is likely a data center problem? Is the server shared among other users? I have noticed a small increase in server side lag. The few seconds where everyone freezes because the server lags for a bit.

Pav runs the server, not I. I do know that both TF2 servers and an L4D server are on the same box. Not sure what else.

Re: Cloak Bug

The patch notes say it's been fixed, but are we sure? I had a really shitty run of luck last night when attempting to switch back to the IW/C&D and want to make sure it's actually bad luck and not a fixed-but-not-really bug.

I didn't see any flickering Spies last night, but I wasn't on for that long.

So, there was an issue with cp_coldfront_rc3 and it needs to be replaced on the server.

I'm hoping Icarus gave the second version a different name, because if he didn't, anyone who downloaded it is going to have issues when the map comes up in rotation.

Edit: ....and he didn't. So, anyone who already grabbed cp_coldfront_rc3 is going to have to either delete it or manually get it again and overwrite it.

The file size of the fixed version of cp_coldfront_rc3.bsp is 63,987kB (65,521,671 bytes). The file size of the bad version is 63,645kB (65,171,482 bytes).