OCR01200 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Into the Golden Sunset"

djpretzel

After taking piano lessons for 11 years, I think I can say a few things about this piece, though I'll try not to be overly critical. Over the years I've tinkered around with game music themes but never really sat down and did my own arrangement.

Anyway, I've done Zelda 3's ending in my own spare time and I must say that this arrangement is very relaxing and done very emotionally and passionately. However, the only thing I have to say against this piece is that you really didn't stray far from the path. Not that this is a really bad thing, since the original score is excellent in itself, it's just that when you are free to do an arrangement, you have complete freedom and a neverending amount of possibilities. I feel that the player kind of stayed around the center of the keyboard and didn't really go too high or to low. The piece could use a lot of bassy keys, and a little bit more variety in the left hand, instead of the arpeggios and mostly mid-to-high ground that it covers overall. It is still thoroughly enjoyable, and will remain a permanent part of my mp3 collection. This is the best Zelda song Koji Kondo ever wrote and it makes me wonder why he's never gone back to it after all these years...you have done it justice, it just wouldn't hurt to expand your horizons a little bit. ;)

Wow. This is my favorite videogame song ever, and you've done a great job preserving and expanding upon its spirit in this track. God, I love piano ReMixes. Thank you for sharing this great interpretation with us, BogusRed.

Wow, this is an impressive, moving piano piece, I dare say one of the best on OCRemix. Arrangement and performance are stellar; I didn't really like the piano sound used here -- I think it's too bright for the mood, and I hate bright pianos anyway, although they're a necessary evil when you need one to cut through a mix... Anyway that's kind of a matter of preference. Great stuff!

Pretty nice. I really like what BogusRed's done with the ALttP ending theme. It's an already-great song, done even better. It's gentle, and he piano gives it a very realistic feel instead of a video game. It almost feels as though it were composed in the eighteenth century. The deviation from the standard chord structure was something that jumped at me right away. At first it was dissapointing because I was expecting certain chord changes at certain times like the original, but after a while, the basic bass chords sounded really cool. I like this, a lot. Good job BogusRed! 10/10!

It's excellent! I always thought that this song was very touching, and the lonely piano just brings out the best of it. There just isn't a better instrument to make a remix about this song. And personally, i had the idea this was actually a 100%, true classical music song. And in this case, that's a huge compliment. It just sounds so complete and authentic!

From start to finish, this is a must-listen must-save to your music player of choice remix. It's an emotionally capturing take on one of the better ending themes in any Nintendo game. I would recommend this to anyone with ears, it's hard not to love this piece.

Zelda 3 is my favorite game of all time, and this piece does it justice. If music is something that can bring back a memory then this piece brought me back to the first time I beat Zelda 3 nearly 11 years ago.

A couple of questions;

That piano sounds really really...well, if it's not a sample, then it's a crappy piano.

Too bad really, because even if the arrangement is flat and ordinary, it's a shame it gets messed up (even further) just because the piano sounds so awful.

Another unimpressive remix that didn't survive the shift+delete might. :(

--- Hey hold on ---

I just looked over the judge board thing. Hey it's nice they help out with all the mix process and all, but dude, um. I still can't change my mind about the piano.

Or rather, piano sounding thing.

A couple of questions;

That piano sounds really really...well, if it's not a sample, then it's a crappy piano.

Too bad really, because even if the arrangement is flat and ordinary, it's a shame it gets messed up (even further) just because the piano sounds so awful.

Another unimpressive remix that didn't survive the shift+delete might. :(

--- Hey hold on ---

I just looked over the judge board thing. Hey it's nice they help out with all the mix process and all, but dude, um. I still can't change my mind about the piano.

Or rather, piano sounding thing.

Could you Ytmh, or anyone else, recommend a better sound font? I got the soundfont for this piece I think from Hammer Sound. You aren't the first one to complain about the font. Any suggestions?

Thank you guys btw, for all of your awsome comments!

I think this remix is great, and there should be more remixes of this certain song.

BogusRed, I thought this was a recording of you playing the piano... :oops: Thanks Ytmh for bursting my bubble.

It was me playing the piano! I just recorded it through MIDI. If you were to listen to me play this song live, there wouldn't be much difference as far as skill level. The arrangement would be different however, because I play improvisationally. I play all the songs I know differently each time I play them.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01200 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Into the Golden Sunset"