OCR01200 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Into the Golden Sunset"

djpretzel

Thank you so much Elana for your kind words about my mix. And thank you to everyone else too! I agree with you DJjabberbox that the synth is a bit annoying. I still haven't found the perfect sound font. I found a decent one that i used in beyond midgar but it has problems with low velocities so i have to maually go in note by note and raise the velocities in quiet areas.

• 1 month later...
Thank you so much Elana for your kind words about my mix. And thank you to everyone else too! I agree with you DJjabberbox that the synth is a bit annoying. I still haven't found the perfect sound font. I found a decent one that i used in beyond midgar but it has problems with low velocities so i have to maually go in note by note and raise the velocities in quiet areas.

anyway... if you mess around with a graphic equalizer just right it makes it sound like its from a real piano

(I dont have the specifics right now, i'll send 'em to the forum once I get the numbers down... I use Windows media because winamp is too resource intensive for my seven-year-old computer)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Honestly, in my mind, as soon as I finished listening to it, I declared this song THE BEST piano OCRemix I've heard...and I've had my share of piano remixes. And no, I am not biased, because this was the first time I've ever heard the LttP Credits Song in my life.

I love most of the piano remixes already, so it gets extra points for having the right instrument, but omg, this is just such a beautiful masterpiece, nobody should pass on it. I am so totally serious haha this is truly a MOVING piece. Nearly brought tears to my eyes just listening to it (shut up I'm a sensitive guy haha).

• 4 weeks later...

The jury is out! BogusRed is un-arguably (for lack of better grammar) a true jedi-master piano mixer of the highest order (all for lack of a better term)! The LttP credit theme is one of the most beautiful themes ever made in VGs and who better to not only do it justice, but take it not only to the next level, but beyond expectation into the stars and beyond! I mean, the main theme already has the beauty, but this mix enhances it one-hundred fold! It truly encompasses the pure atmosphere of the closing of LttP. What more can I say? I am in desperate need of somebody to give me pointers on how to find better words to describe it...but in short, I LOVE IT!!! This is definitely material for the next Zelda!

• 2 weeks later...

This piece is beautiful. Stunning. I'm not so crazy about sound quality, so the quality of the song hasn't bugged me. To tell you the truth, I havent noticed it since I read this topic. Moving on, this song moves me to tears. It is absolutley wonderful. Instant favorite. Thank you, BogusRed, for making such a beautiful arrangement.

• 1 month later...

I am very fond of both mixes on this site by BogusRed. Her work is so emotive and flowing, and the upper-register gets me every time. I find myself caught up in the parts like 2:30, when the song is really flowing and moving. Not really any big complaints here. One of the few instances in which i just want to express myself as a big fan and say that I am most certainly looking forward to more.

• 10 months later...

But this arrangement SUCKS. Too amateur...

The guy probably has a bad ear, and has limited playing skills. WRONG key, WRONG chords, and TOO much goddamn ornamentation.

I've been called before on my peeve of key. "What's in a key?" Someone has asked? KEY IS EVERYTHING!!! If you can't appreciate a song in the KEY it's been written, and just say "ooh, that sounds KOO-el," it's not really saying much. It just shows what a musical bumpkin you really are. A song played out of the original key it was intended in sounds REALLY out of place. Sometimes, it sounds like it's not even the original piece at all. A song played OUT of key, sounds dumbed down; like the person was too unskilled and inexperienced to play in the original key, so he/she had to play it in a different key to make it "easier" on his fingers, and on his/her little mind that thinks the key of F# or Gb is "too hard!," when it's probably the easiest. What can be easier than playing on ALL BLACK KEYS, goddamn it??? That and Db Major are, I think my favs... A major's also really nice...

Each key has a different flavor to the ears, and this is pronunced for a pianist, who has the extra sense of touch; he/she has to modify his hands to fit the chords, so not only does it "sound" different, but FEELS different as well.

Though a GOOD piano arrangement is in order for this, one of my favorite, if not my most, from all of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

This one tries, but doesn't even come close.

Practice, practice, practice, and better luck next time.

• 2 months later...

I totally disagree.

This piece is absolutely beautiful. The piano work sounds great coming out of my speakers. The arrangement is wonderful and the piano still sounds great, even after 3 years of age.

This piece is able to evoke emotions out of me that other pieces aren't able to. When this happens, I know for a fact that it is special.

3 years later and this piece is still a winner.

Definitely worth a download to add to your collection!

Susie, I wish you we're around and produced more. You have amazing potential.

You'll probably never read this, but just know that this mix will always have a place among my favorite remixes.

Much love.

• 6 months later...

I just stumbled across this track in my music folder, and I was utterly blown away. Beautiful and moving from start to finish. I have to ashamedly admit that I've yet to play LttP (/me ducks rotten fruit of indignant masses), the segue into that oh-so-familiar overworld theme was perfect. I'm a sucker for solo piano tracks; there's a simplicity and elegance to them that just can't be achieved in any other medium. This definitely ranks as one of the best I've heard. Excellent work. :)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This is by far my favorite music from LttP. I think when I first heard it (after 50 hours of playing ...) I wept. (Hey, I was twelve.)

I guess my question is, how is this a remix? I see that it is listed as a mix of the ending and the main theme, but the piece is pretty nearly an unmodified cover or arrangement of the song by the same title "Into the Golden Sunset" as it occurs in-game.

There are two songs that play when you defeat Gannon for the final time, "Ending and Fanfare" and "Into the Golden Sunset"

I loved the song so much that at the time I hooked my console up to a tape deck and reloaded my last save so I could manage a ghetto recording of it. I'm soo glad that BogusRed took the time to work on an arrangement of it for everyone here.

I guess my question is, how is this a remix? I see that it is listed as a mix of the ending and the main theme, but the piece is pretty nearly an unmodified cover or arrangement of the song by the same title "Into the Golden Sunset" as it occurs in-game.

There are two songs that play when you defeat Gannon for the final time, "Ending and Fanfare" and "Into the Golden Sunset"

No, that would be wrong. :lol:http://www.google.com/search?&ie=UTF-8&q="Into+the+Golden+Sunset"+Zelda

The official soundtrack for A Link to the Past is here http://vgmdb.net/album/885 - Susie's arrangement arranges the staff roll portion of "Ending". It's a conservative but interpretive & personalized arrangement for piano.

Susie included a MIDI on her site, and 3 others have performed covers of her arrangement, thus why you can find other YouTube performances of "Into the Golden Sun."

• 7 months later...

There's some great, interpretive stuff happening in the background, but I was left wanting so much more from this piece. I agree that this is a theme that deserves respect, and to not start messing around with it is a way of being respectful to it, but I would have preferred some dignified alterations to the main melody, other than the decorative piano cheerleading going on behind it. It's all nice, but so is the original. The arrangement is terribly unexciting and a missed opportunity.

Furthermore, the piano sample is tinny and fails to draw the emotional potential out of the notes. A piano rendition of this theme (while this is still a very pleasant piece of work) should be much more. I just think that when you have a big canvas and a big brush, you should paint with big strokes. And this seemed far too close to the original to be considered something truly great. I do like what's here, but I LOVE the SNES version... so I feel there's something lost with the decisions made in this remix.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01200 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Into the Golden Sunset"
  • 6 years later...

I don't know enough about piano playing to understand when a piano sounds good beyond what I hear in the simplest way. Might be both a blessing and a curse for getting to the nitty gritty of music. But for the standard of "I know what I like", I do like this. Well done.