DKC2 Remix -- Bonus Round

cronus616

Source:: "Token Tango."

Remix:: Bash the Baddies [2:46] [Finished!]

Original Composer:: David Wise

Would anyone give it a listen? I'm still very new to music production. I posted another DKC2 remix in here about a month ago and got some really helpful feedback and constructive words. This song does have a segment that DKC2 players might recognize as "Swanky's Bonus Bonanza," but it's not. It just happens to be the same theme as the bonus intro segment.

My main concern is, of course, the length, but I also am in love with those NES-sounding square synths. I don't know if I used too many or need more variety. Any help would be great!

Thanks to anyone who reads this or posts :!:

you've got a lot of thick synths playing at once, and while it doesn't necessarily get extremely muddy, it is a little overcrowded, especially with all the delays going on.

you've made some good expansions to the melody but the structure is pretty closely retained. you could try adding some counterpoint sections in there to balance out the source vs arrangement ratio a bit, as well as add some length.

Great work, one of my favorite songs from Donkey Kong Country. I enjoyed your remix very much, although I do agree with halc about adding another a few more bars to make it longer. You've made some pretty nice melody arrangements and it's all very funky!

I realize it's hard to make a long remix of such a short song, but in my opinion this sounds too good to have less than 2 minutes of it. If you're out of ideas, you can repeat a certain segment, but with a different instrument playing the melody.

The part I like the most is the one at approximately 1:06, I like the rhythm change or whatever it's called in English, not sure about that. =D

I would also adjust the volume of some of the instruments. I think that sometimes the cymbals make it sound just a bit cluttered, so I would lower their volume just a little bit if I were you.

But overall, a great remix, very enjoyable indeed, you do the source justice. Keep up with the good work! =)

you've got a lot of thick synths playing at once, and while it doesn't necessarily get extremely muddy, it is a little overcrowded, especially with all the delays going on.

you've made some good expansions to the melody but the structure is pretty closely retained. you could try adding some counterpoint sections in there to balance out the source vs arrangement ratio a bit, as well as add some length.

Thanks! I've removed two of the thickest synths, one being a very grinding bass that muddled things up. I lengthened the song and included more original content. Thanks for the feedback!

Great work, one of my favorite songs from Donkey Kong Country. I enjoyed your remix very much, although I do agree with halc about adding another a few more bars to make it longer. You've made some pretty nice melody arrangements and it's all very funky!

I realize it's hard to make a long remix of such a short song, but in my opinion this sounds too good to have less than 2 minutes of it. If you're out of ideas, you can repeat a certain segment, but with a different instrument playing the melody.

The part I like the most is the one at approximately 1:06, I like the rhythm change or whatever it's called in English, not sure about that. =D

I would also adjust the volume of some of the instruments. I think that sometimes the cymbals make it sound just a bit cluttered, so I would lower their volume just a little bit if I were you.

But overall, a great remix, very enjoyable indeed, you do the source justice. Keep up with the good work! =)

Thanks again! It's one of my favorites- been wanting to do this one for a while. I've finished the mix, now it's ~ 2:46. Still not too long, but really the best I could do without just dragging it out. I've done everything you suggested, thanks!

If anyone would like to hear the finished thing (I've been working on it far longer than today, just decided to post it here for a few finishing pointers.) the link is here:

Bash the Baddies