FF10 "Hurry!!": Apparently you guys are too scared to ReMix this

Liontamer

Don't encourage Larry, guys. We're not his lackeys! We don't take on every track that is pitched to us! FIGHT THE POWER!

*listens to is*

Interesting...even if one of you does take this on, I'd be interested in knowing what style.

Also, I'm a bit confused by that youtube comment. Is it implying that we only take on songs that are not perfect? I was always under the impression that it was reinterpreting or revamping with some original twists, not just "improving the nonperfect".

Also, I'm a bit confused by that youtube comment. Is it implying that we only take on songs that are not perfect? I was always under the impression that it was reinterpreting or revamping with some original twists, not just "improving the nonperfect".

If that was OCRemix's job, then there would be a ton of 'fixed' bad music here.

probably from obscure games.

Wow when I posted that comment I originally thought It wasn't even a big deal because the song itself is great but it would be hard to remix, depending on what style your going for. But now almost 2 weeks later I see my comment posted on the forums and I had to laugh:lmassoff:.I'm glad that all the people who take the time to remix original works and post them up, genuinely enjoy doing it.But for the actual moderator to reply back and post about it just proved 2 things.

1.You guys are LITERALLY serious about this, and its great to know that.and......

2.I dunno but, if that comment has offended anybody on this website I do apologize, but this song is still going to be a tough to do, and I will also do my share.

I love the song so it should only be right that I be able to do a remix for it as well.

Wow, giving this song a listen, it seems rather simple on the melodic side...

Meh, it's not like I could remix it anyway, but yeah, the simplicity means that it could be used with a variety of genres IMHO. But yeah, I don't think a 1 source song tribute album to Larry's ego would fly here. Too bad though, would have made for the perfect response to "no one can remix that"

"Oh yeah? here's a 7-10 tracks album proving you wrong, personally, I find the chiptune remix the best, but the jazz and polka versions aren't bad."

... I even have a title for the project: FF10 Hurry, songs for petty arguments and ego inflation.

Also, what's this?

Actually, I'd like to co-direct, ya know, to have somewhat of a hand in this. Wouldn't need to be official too, I'd just like to say that we responded to that statement with a freaking album.

Also 4 tracks? I dunno, seems not enough. Off the bat I can think of more than 4 ways to remix this: Chiptune, Jazz, Rock, Electronica, Orchestral (slow), piano only, acoustic guitar centered, Metal, and well, I don't have that much of an imagination when it comes to music.

I think it's ironic that I'd totally be up for doing more songs like this on the side if the panel judged songs MOAR FASTER... work on this then 6 months later find out it needs a resub... :-P

Though having it fast-tracked... If that promise is still being upheld.... It definitely sounds enticing, though it'd be good if it could be that way for any remix. :-P

I think it's ironic that I'd totally be up for doing more songs like this on the side if the panel judged songs MOAR FASTER... work on this then 6 months later find out it needs a resub... :-P

Though having it fast-tracked... If that promise is still being upheld.... It definitely sounds enticing, though it'd be good if it could be that way for any remix. :-P

Working on the panel stuff. Too many good things going on with the site. I need an intern.

Also, I should have used a smiley, but I didn't take offense to the comment in any way. I think it would be fun to make a ReMix of an "unremixable" track. :-) No one's butthurt; he was just saying "this song is so badass, I just can't envision anyone doing something to it." But since I know the community's so resourceful, I think we can.

I don't need an album, though that would be pretty fun. Just 1 passable ReMix is good. Fasttrack offer still stands. :-)