EW/QL Complete Composers Collection, problems installing

I just recently picked up the Comple Composers Collection, East West - Quantum Leap, Play edition. To my surprise, there is about 2lb of a massive stack of DVD's and a single printed out sheet of paper with the most basic of instructions for the install. Im running into some strange issues that maybe a few of you out there can help me fix along the way.

the first issue Im having is with the Symphonic Orchistra Gold Edition. it gives my the option to install the Silver edition or the Gold. I just went straight for the gold. am I supposed to install the silver first? when I load up ANY instrument from the it, a window pops up saying "required samples not found! please locate sample library folder" I find it for it, and then it loads the samples. my next issue is it only lets me use the stage mic. I try to use the close and surround mic's but it has the same error but cant find the samples.

the next problem is with Storm Drum. this is a very small problem but a weird one. some drum sample kits will only load on the left or right speaker. dont ask me how...

so far I only installed those two and Ministry of Rock, but Im not having any trouble with MoR. I'll post more questions/problems if I have any with the others.

and Im using Pro Tools LE 7, but Im testing everything out on the stand alone player. its having the same trouble in pro tools though...

Thanks for any future help!

I ran into similar problems last month.

For the Orchestra, you're supposed to install both Gold AND Silver and keep the dongle in the computer at all times during production. You might have the samples seperated from the instruments (the samples are what are loaded as instruments).

You can only use different micing positions in Platinum edition, which neither of us have.

I've not delved that deeply into Storm Drum, but I can easily assume the samples are SUPPOSED to be right or left only, as many of Orchestra's are the same way (to simulate the realism of using a real orchestra I guess).

your right about storm drum. I can see that it lightly shows up in the right channel while its so much stronger in the left that the right is not even noticable.

yeah I forgot that I was actually planning on upgrading to platnum for the different mic positions but I forgot! lol oh well =P

well I was having lots of trouble with most of them until I finnished installing everything. now all seems to be working well! I guess because its sold in a pack, they're are meant to work together...

its been about 6 months since I composed anything. I was just so bored with all my lame old limited samples. now time for some fun! =D

yeah it is. but with my type of music, I have a lot more uses with ministry of rock. and it sounds surprisingly realistic for how much memory it takes. pretty much everything I've heard from East West sounds amazing! I just cant wait to get a PC upgrade so I can get word builder working with symphonic choirs properly =/