3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)

Schwaltzvald

because otherwise it's pretty lame of them to rip off multiple sources this way.

Actually, it's kind of refreshing for them to be this blatant. All too often there will be a game that sort of resembles another game but not too much, lest people think they were ::gasp:: ripping someone off!

Given how few Zelda ripoffs there have been, it's nice to see one that knows what a good game experience is, and isn't afraid to replicate it. Right down to the chickens.

I have also been watching this one and I just know it's going to be great. I say, screw FF13. I'll bet this game is WAY more fun.

I wonder how long it takes to get a sword that fill the entire screen. If that's a permanent upgrade, it better take freaking FOREVER too make it that big. Since it's made by From Software, I'd like to think there will be some insane customizing and the ability to create items or AREAS from scratch. If they wanted to make it my dream game, they'd have a system where you could build your armor and weapons and home all by yourself by stacking up the blocks in your own way. If not in this game, I hope they make a game like that with the same kind of lego-y look that this game has.

• 4 weeks later...

I love how on other forums I go to, the Nintendo fantards are practically seething with rage that such a game could be made -by Sony, obviously- that would dare insult their Zelda with such plaigarism.

"Man, this just goes to show that Sony is full of fucking money-grubbers! First they steal the Wii, and now they try to steal Zelda?"

"This game is such a rip-off. Looks like $ony ran out of ideas."

It's pretty hilarious.

Parody games/spiritual successors sure have been popular with developers lately in terms of new IPs: Half-Minute Hero; Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman!; Shadow Complex; the Eat Lead series; and now this. If one includes all the recent reboots of other classic games, devs seem pretty occupied on reworking old favorites for new audiences. (Good times we live in.)