OCR01996 - Dark Cloud 2 "Before Everything Happened"

djpretzel

I'm proud to say that I had a hand in this ReMix turning out as awesome as it is....saw it in the WIP forums around the same time that I was working on my Kirby's Block Ball remix and I thought it was awesome (and needed to some tweeking). Expect to see more of this dude's music, this is just the beginning....

Great track Mike!

Nicely done. Its slower than the mixes I usually like, but here I think the tempo totally befits the piece and gives it the push that gets you moving to the beat. Had to listen to the source material again - it's been a while since I played. Thanks for taking up this requested piece!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Dark Cloud 2 (or Dark Chronicle) is one of the most underrated games in recent history. And that this is the only remix available is really disappointing, as that game had some phenomenal music (there's even an arranged album done by the industry's finest). The song itself is a bit too techno for my tastes, but it does remind me of David Wise, which is definitely a good thing. Great job! Hopefully, this will be the seed that sprouts more DC2 love.:)

• 4 months later...

Though I had both games, I enjoyed the first more than the second, but the gameplay made me feel like I was waaay too old for it - everything from the aesthetic to the enemies just screamed "6 yrs and under". Still, I remember liking the music fr. the 1st one (the second's score was much less memorable, imo) - La Saia's Resting Place still has a regular spot on my playlist. This track is very good, too.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I love this remix. Great work! Everything from the intro piano to the pumping beat is of solid quality. I mean, all the elements are great, transitions, synths, bass. You didn't compromise one bit of the style - this sounds exactly like something I would hear at a club.

Your dnb effort was also solid (Zelda), but more house please!!!

• 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01996 - Dark Cloud 2 "Before Everything Happened"