DKC2: Serious Monkey Business Listening is finished!

Level 99

All this has me thinking about buying DKC2 for SNES. How does it compare to DKC1?

Better music, better gameplay, better storyline (kinda), better levels and more interesting end bosses. Aside from the graphics (I think they were the same), it was better than DKC1 IMO.

All this has me thinking about buying DKC2 for SNES. How does it compare to DKC1?

The definitive DKC experience. Not to say DKC1 is bad, not by a long shot, but DKC2 takes everything and cranks it up a notch. The peak of Rareware platforming - perhaps the only flaw is that there are too many different kinds of things to collect, and even that's easy to get your head around.

Aside from the graphics (I think they were the same).

Not really, the DKC2's graphics are more detailed for what I remember. Better (and more diversified) backgrounds, more characters, more characters animations and so on...

Even if someone can dislike its pirate style, I think is really inspired and fully integrated with the DKC universe.

Have I talked about the gameplay?

Have I talked about the MUSIC?

I just love this game.

DKC2 is probably a better game than DKC, but I prefer the original because I like the mundane enemies better than the pirate ones. Also, in DKC and you can pretty much just hold right on the d-pad through the whole game and jump at the right moments.

I bet you like the newer 2d sonic games