Better program for editing/making MIDI tracks?

Well, I've messed around with some shareware, freeware programs, etc. And I have some experience with FLStudio and Ableton as well, but I'm wondering if anyone has any info on a good choice for a program for MIDI creating/editing.

Like I said, I've used other DAWs such as Ableton, but I was creating real sounding, .mp3 quality stuff on there. For my current project (some indie games) I need to make good sounding MIDI. I never messed around with that in Ableton or anything, and the few shareware programs I've messed with haven't been great.

So again - I need a program who's strength is creating/editing good sounding MIDI files. Any help is much appreciated!

Edit: Or, can any decent DAW do this equally well, and it doesn't really matter which you use?

Not sure about Logic but I always perceived it as Cubase getting less fancy MIDI tools over time, perhaps weeded out because not enough people were using them. The main reason for suggesting an older version is of course the cost and the fact that it's got to work on PCs, too.

Then again, my Cubase days are already long gone.

I've never used Logic, but i have used FL Studio. FL, for me at least, took some time to really get into it, but that's probably true for any DAW you want to use. I use Mixcraft 5. Up until version 5, you couldn't import/export midi files, but now you can and it makes it SOOO much to edit/remix midi files. I find Mixcraft 5 very easy to use and its not too expensive. Its $75 for the program and you get a ton of free downloadable loops and effects. Either way, FL or Mixcraft 5 would be good choices.