Chrono Trigger Theme ReMix

jabond23

This is basically finished, but i wanna see what you guys think. I did it for a friend so i wasn't really intending on subbing it. I'm sure i'm gonna hear something about this, but i've never actually played Chrono Trigger before. I know its an awesome game, and this theme definitely has that RPG sound to it. I'm pretty sure its just called the Chrono Trigger Theme. I kinda want to do other themes from this game, it has an awesome soundtrack. Also, i'm not sure what to call this one.

I hope i did it some justice. :D

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIO1sajyx_o

Remix: stats.png

Hmm... (You got the dreaded 'Hmm' from Gario! -10 points, right there!)

It seems like your electronic lead is too far in the background. It gets drown by the rhythm guitar, so you should bring that out a bit. In fact, it seems that all the lead parts are getting drown in the mix.

Those crashes are WAY TOO LOUD!! I can't hear any music behind them. :banghead:

For some reason the harmonies and melodies do not line up right. I appreciate that you're changing the harmonies a little, but you'll need to change the melody in order to compensate for that. (or change the harmonies a little - those halfstep motions made in the guitar often are the culprit of the dissonance).

Yeah, overall it's far too muddy for me to really get a feel for the song. It's probably pretty good (I know you've made some good stuff int he past), but I literally can't hear it past the mud and the dissonance that's covering the track, atm. Sorry, dude - clean it up and I'll be able to get into some more detail on it.

I normally don't comment on WIPs (mainly because I lack the knowledge of proper music techniques and terms - don't flame me for making a comment please) but to me this just sounds like some metal/rock instruments laid over the main theme, and doesn't really blend together that well.

If the crashes that Gario is talking about are what I think they are, they're not too loud in my opinion to drown out the music behind them, but I did find them particularly distracting whenever they were brought in, and not in a good way.

I do like the drumwork from 1:45 - 2:00 however.

Sorry I can't be more specific about anything, or what to do in place of what I said I disliked. Hopefully it helps in some way though.

If you need help coming up with a name though, let me know. Making music isn't my specialty, but I can be quite clever/creative when it comes to names if given enough time.

Hmm... (You got the dreaded 'Hmm' from Gario! -10 points, right there!)

NICE! lol

If you need help coming up with a name though, let me know. Making music isn't my specialty, but I can be quite clever/creative when it comes to names if given enough time.

I wouldn't mind some help coming up with a name for this remix. I can usually come up with something catchy, but not this time. Also, i wasn't intending on subbing this. I just needed some feedback cause its for a friend of mine who likes my music/remixes.

Alright. I fixed a lot of the problems Gario pointed out. Mainly the overall muddy mixing i did originally. I got lazy and just didn't EQ a lot of things as well properly separate tracks. :D I fixed the crashes. They're quieter and less frequent. I also fixed all the leads volumes so they stand out more.

stats.png