Water Ruin Theme; Game Music; Update #3

Dash Myoku

Started on this last night. It was suppose to be something creepy and ominous...but turned out being more serene and calming more than anything.

stats.png

And for lol's, I did an alternate version with a really awesome section. Which might actually turn out to be the battle theme for this ruin.

stats.png

At any rate, it isn't finished and honestly...the top link is kind of null, seeing as how I forgot to save it after making the third section. I will either try and recreate that section, or go a different route. Let me know what you guys think. :D

------------

stats.png

Somewhat of an update. Decided not to recreate what I had and went in a different direction...mostly.

------------

stats.png

Not much, just added in a new section. It's somewhat bare at the moment. I actually have a harp section to go over the new section, but since I'm not sure I really like it right now, I left it out. The drum groove I have will probably be taken out as the boss doesn't really care for the hi-hat stuff. The new section was meant to give off a "heart-beat" sort of feel.

I really enjoyed these. Water and the update, Water02 were pretty similar to me overall, but you definitely captured the mood and setting you were going for. Very easy to picture. The chromatic instrument used for the melody and it's respective reverb has "water" written all over it, and the boding strings add just the right amount of suspense... which did make it pretty hilarious when the full electro-rock band broke forth out of nowhere in the fun version. I think the funniest thing, though, is how the track ends just a abruptly as the section began, with no warning at all. Great stuff. :)

lol Thanks estaples. I love doing water-esque theme's...but this one's unique as it actually fits for what it's made for. Also, fighting the urge to layer more stuff over what I have is no fun. Maybe I can add in little things to give it that extra feel?

And yeah, the fun one is fun. I might actually add more on to it and get it developed further just to have a seperate version of awesomeness. It could even possibly turn out to be the battle music for this particular ruin...but the project leader doesn't want anything sounds "electronic." Me? I like some electronic-ness mixed with some real-ish sounds. Oh well, I'll more than likely have to force the electronic-ness on him. xD