OCR01999 - Final Fantasy IV "Rhymes with Elixir"

djpretzel

Apologies, but I thought this was the weak point of an otherwise wonderful album. I enjoy a lot of the silly mixes like Team Gato and that Zelda one of the guy singing about his life in Kakariko Town, but I felt like this one tried too hard. I skip it each time I listen to Echoes. I don't find it musically pleasing and I don't really find it entertaining.

It really makes you stop and think about what CAN get posted here. Many people strive to get their quality up or their concept accepted but miss the mark. Another broad category of mixes exist with passable quality but don't take themselves seriously enough, these usually get posted at olremix.

But all this said; the occasional mix pulls a fast one on us.

I've decided; I'm going to make the most amazing techno remix with unrecognizable sliver sized samples, have it pass, get it posted with flying reviews, and then reveal that the samples were of me taking a shit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As soon as I first heard this, I thought "Damn. It's going to be rap." How wrong I was... not about the style, that is, but my assumption that I'd dislike it. It does help that, unlike a lot of "real" (as it were) rap, it's actually got somewhat interesting and meaningful lyrics. FF-themed songs FTW! It's easily one of my favourite tracks on the album (and one that I have some plans for a YouTube video with...). Yo, Chocobo's so hood; this song is very good. Anyone who disagrees is, of course, entitled to their own opinion, but you've convinced me. Good job!

I am just left wondering... what exactly does rhyme with Elixir?

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01999 - Final Fantasy IV "Rhymes with Elixir"