Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

In commiseration of this project..

Commiseration or commemoration? Commiseration is not a good thing :-P

Also, halc's updated WIP is kicking some major ass. I've never heard him do chiptunes like this before, it's really going places! I imagine you'll all be very impressed with what he's come up with! The Vagrance, likewise, has updated his Treetop Tumble dubstep mix recently and I should point out that it's also very solid ;-)

Let this serve as an example to the rest of you - most of my WIP updates are coming from the same few people, I'd like to see some more fresh stuff coming into my inbox in the coming weeks. Nobody's going to hurt you if you get something in before the deadline! :-D

Decided to give the GBA version a good listen to when I realized the list of songs up for grabs for the GBA version is incomplete. Stilt Village and Waterfall are missing from the list.

Stilt Village in particular would be a huge miss, since I consider it to be one of the better ones in the GBA version.

Also the credits, but that was just a medley of the other songs so not sure if that counts.

Brandon? Huh? Last time I checked he was only remixing, I don't currently have anyone else working with me on the project :-P But he has made a really kickass Title theme remix, so kudos to him on that! And same to all the other artists who've submitted WIPs or finished songs!

I'm so good, people just assume I'm in charge. 8-)

Decided to give the GBA version a good listen to when I realized the list of songs up for grabs for the GBA version is incomplete. Stilt Village and Waterfall are missing from the list.

Stilt Village in particular would be a huge miss, since I consider it to be one of the better ones in the GBA version.

Also the credits, but that was just a medley of the other songs so not sure if that counts.

You're talking about Cascade Capers (Waterfall) and Lakeside Limbo (Stilt Village). Some of the songs on the GBA soundtrack had different names from the SNES. So, with that said, I can assure you that Emunator didn't leave those great themes out. :)!! Good catch, though.

I'll be hard at work from 3 days ago up until my oral surgery date =D

You are a saint, thank you :-D I appreciate the effort, I know the source material is somewhat out of your comfort zone but I've got no doubt that you'll be able to pull off something great.

And yes, good catch McKnackus. I had them listed on the tracklist, but I botched the names. Everything is fixed now :-D

Woah, and just like that, I've got a real solid WIP in from 8-Bit Instrumental in a Hawaiian island jazz style. Very impressive!

On another note, Jade dropped her claim on Enchanted Riverbank due to time commitment issues, so that one's up for grabs too. Sad to see her go, but hopefully someone talented will be able to step up and fill in the gap :-)

You know, in a way I find it strange that DKC is the first series with possibly a complete set of albums done for - it looks to be like a solid quality level for it all as well, which impresses me.

Looking forward to when this comes out :-)

It won't be the first if the Sonic 1 project gets released before this one.

It won't be the first if the Sonic 1 project gets released before this one.

Yeah, I was just gonna say the same thing. Although the Sonic series can't be neatly wrapped up into a trilogy like DKC can, so I guess if you spin the question right, DKC could be the first complete series of games to get their own remix albums :-P

Also, major props to halc for being a total badass and springing a Water World WIP on me from out of nowhere :-P Great Job!

Well Sonic 2 / 3 / & Knuckles is a bit of a trilogy. Adding Sonic 1 will make it a quadrulogy and Sonic 4 will make it... what... I don't know the word for fivelogy. :D

So far as far as I can tell, Sonic 4 music is pretty suck. Oh well. Shouldn't try to copy an old style using old sounds but none of the soul. :-Pa soul which is currently burning in hell!

Anyway, DKC3 will be great.

I approve this message

So, this'll be done within a couple months, right? :wink:

Heh, I wish. I learned about Serious Monkey Business in October of 2008, and had to wait a year and a half. It was worth the wait though, and I'm sure DKC3 will be great too! It has a really underappreciated soundtrack in my opinion.

Well Sonic 2 / 3 / & Knuckles is a bit of a trilogy. Adding Sonic 1 will make it a quadrulogy and Sonic 4 will make it... what... I don't know the word for fivelogy. :D

So far as far as I can tell, Sonic 4 music is pretty suck. Oh well. Shouldn't try to copy an old style using old sounds but none of the soul. :-Pa soul which is currently burning in hell!

Anyway, DKC3 will be great.

I approve this message

Pentalogy.

The problem here is that Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles are actually together one game.

It's QUINTOLOGY you crazy, non-Jewish bastard.

But I'll forgive you because I never knew Sonic 3 and S&K were going to be one game and got chopped in half.

I think the fact that they 'were going to be' one game is irrelevant, because they aren't. They are 'they'. I find it hard to believe they could have made 1 game out of those 2 though. They're both very heavily pumped with content, I mean, for that time period anyway.