Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

I've made this joke in a couple other project threads in the PAST, but I still think the title "The Project That Went Up A Hill And Came Down A Mountain" is good.

A second statement concerning the project: I'm going to arrange Brother's Bear soon to record in about 5 or so days, after I do a couple other songs.. first God of War then Dynamite Headdy. :-o

DK3: Serious Ape/CENSORED\

DK3: Double Ape/CENSORED\

DK3: Double Barrel Trouble

DK3: Monkey Business is Back

DK3: Remix in a Monkey Suit

DK3: Going Ape (in the Northern Remixsphere)

I give up.

dude, there are language barriers you can't break, there are rules to follow... plus there may be kids or very language-wary people on here, control yourself

and i /CENSORED\ it just to emphasive it

your lucky im not a moderator 'foo

dude, there are language barriers you can't break, there are rules to follow... plus there may be kids or very language-wary people on here, control yourself

and i /CENSORED\ it just to emphasive it

your lucky im not a moderator 'foo

There's no language barriers at OCR. I dropped a fuck and various other curses on Monkeys Disarm your Kremlings on DKC2. There's no censorship. o_o

Welcome to OCR btw, lol, June-oobie

Wait, I didn't come here to say that. I came here to say I want 2 of my WAVs in that preview.

Northern Remixsphere, isn't that one of halc's remixes for this project?

The name of halc's source tune 'Northern Kremisphere' is the name of the area DKC3 takes place in. The song plays on the map screen.

'Northern kReMixsphere' (portmanteau of ReMix and Northern Kremisphere' date=' the area explored in DKC3)

or 'Northern ReMixsphere'[/quote']

(Kremisphere itself being a portmanteau of Kremling and Hemisphere)

Kremisphere => kReMixsphere => ReMixsphere.

Clear?

Brandon's mostly right, actually - halc's mix is actually titled "Northern K-ReMisphere" :-P But yeah, I love that clever little wordplay you did there, OCRE!

And good news for those of you eagerly anticipating the next preview, GSlicer went and took a solid chunk out of the countdown by turning in not one, but TWO final WAVs tonight! If you're a fan of fluid beats and insane electronic production, these should resonate nicely with you. Expect to hear some of GSlicer's work in the preview, it shouldn't be much longer now!

Quick update time:

First off, I'd like to formally announce that my good friend Cody Wedel who's been going by the username Donkey Kong Slippa here on the forums, is going to be taking on the role of Assistant Director for the project. I was initially planning on handling the project alone, but the more I talked to him and bounced ideas off of him, the more I realized that he's as passionate about the project and DKC3 in general as I am, and that his insight is going to be very valuable as the project goes on. So welcome to him! :-D

Next off, I also wanted to let you all know that we've decided on an official title for the project, but we're gonna hold off on unveiling it until it comes time for the 2nd preview track. In addition, the plan is to simultaneously release some artwork that TheMaverickk has been cooking up that, if the product turns out anywhere near as good as the concept, is going to be AMAZING.

So basically, there's lots of stuff on the horizon - official project name, audio preview, and a visual preview should be coming in the next few weeks if all goes well! We just need to get those last 4 WAVs in for it to happen ;-)

Cheers everybody, thanks for the continued support and enthusiasm!

Sweet, we're one more WAV closer to the next preview! This track comes courtesy of HoboKa, assisted by the great audio fidelity on mastering, which is a short but oh-so-sweet remix of the Boss theme that hits very, very hard! This remix was kind of a headache to coordinate with the list of artists involved constantly fluctuating, but the end result is well worth the wait!

I got the preview art in today from Maverickk, and it is incredible. I really want to get these last 3 WAVs in so I can unleash it on you guys! :-D

Also, project mixer Flexstyle has stepped up to do some mastering work on the album after it's all finished to get a more consistent sound out of the project. Mastering upwards of 50-60 tracks is no picnic, but I'm really glad he's stepped up to do that, I think it should make the final product sound all the better!

I guess you can, but all that's really being done is some VERY basic mastering and volume equalization so that all the tracks flow together without wild jumps in volume like I'm currently experiencing whenever I listen. I'd really advise you against opting out, but if you're absolutely against the idea of someone else touching your work, I'll grant you the request.

Also, I'd like to formally welcome Dave Wise to the project, who will be remixing Jungle Jitter for the GBA soundtrack and playing saxophone on Monkey Kong's ending medley track. I'm very excited to have him on board, we've got something very cool lined up for the remix he's doing that will reveal itself in due time ;-)

Brandon: I'm going to post a formal thread about this a bit later when I have time, but basically if you'd rather master your own projects, would you at least be willing to give me an unmastered (no master compression, etc) version of your track and see how the two stack up?

My mastering is usually really specific, I start doing it before I even begin recording and then keep tweaking it to fit the song as I go along. o_o I'll boost as much as possible while limiting the final output to -.1db. Any boosting on that would probably cause clipping, and any reduction on the volume would make me look like a n00b like BONKERS who limits to -1.3db or some ridiculous number like that. Yes, I am making fun of BONKERS, and he probably will never find out. :-)

In order to give you an unmastered WAV that you could master, I would have to turn off all the inserts on the master bus and turn down a lot of the volumes, which would completely throw off the mixing. :-(

I gotcha. Fair enough. Sounds like you've got a good idea of what you're doing--not everyone does, though.

Hey Flex - I'm pretty pleased to see someone stepping up to do this. I don't mind sending you a copy of mine unmastered, but I tweak my mixes (depending on the mix, of course) with a chain that ends in a limiter with dithering. Compression comes before that, and I've got a harmonic exciter and sometimes stereo imaging on the way, so I think that I'd also prefer just having volume tweaks done on that. Mastering is a complicated task, as I'm sure you know, so it's pretty impressive you're willing to do it for 50-60 tracks!

I guess you can, but all that's really being done is some VERY basic mastering and volume equalization so that all the tracks flow together without wild jumps in volume like I'm currently experiencing whenever I listen. I'd really advise you against opting out, but if you're absolutely against the idea of someone else touching your work, I'll grant you the request.

Also, I'd like to formally welcome Dave Wise to the project, who will be remixing Jungle Jitter for the GBA soundtrack and playing saxophone on Monkey Kong's ending medley track. I'm very excited to have him on board, we've got something very cool lined up for the remix he's doing that will reveal itself in due time ;-)

Yay another David Wise track!